Rarity Fan Club

Tomiix

Good morning everypony.
post-11736-0-24430700-1402757186_thumb.png

Happy Halloween... or Nightmare Night... whatever you prefer. Rarity is the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man from Ghostbusters
EX01-NightmareNight.jpg

Edited by Woohoo
  • Brohoof 4

I finally read "How Rarity Got Her Groovy Back,"  and The Curious Case of Charity.  And, as often is the case, the Rarity episodes shone more than all the others (sans Luna's, but I prefer Rarity's differently than I like Luna's comic).

And I think I understand why.

It is impossible to write Rarity too extremely.  Pinkie Pie can spout non-sense for 1000 lines and that's too much.  Twilight can organize things according to date of publishing and that's too much.  Rainbow Dash can be really abrasive.  Applejack too stubborn/too overprotective.  But Rarity's extremes are in character -- because that IS her character.  And somehow it works.  (Those who don't like her may just not feel that it works.) 

Do you agree?

• Brohoof 6

rarity_la_catrina_by_tamalesyatole-d5jnq

Just found this totally fabulous pic of rarity as la catrina  somewhere and knew I nedeed to post it here.

ah, and also, happy nightmare night !

vampire_rarity_by_paleblank-d6eivzt.png

Edited by Monsieur Noel
  • Brohoof 6

But Rarity's extremes are in character -- because that IS her character.  And somehow it works.  (Those who don't like her may just not feel that it works.)    Do you agree?

For the most part I do. There is an episode that her extremes do go a little out of character, but 99% of the time she can go from normal to passionate in one second and it works well because it is a consistently used aspect of her personality. It is done with humor, and when it doesn't negatively impact another character it works as comedy and character development. I think the reason some of the other character's extremes do not always hit the mark is that sometimes they are used to provoke another character. Rarity's outburst or more often internalized "Yay Me" or "Whoa is Me" that is pushed to the surface. Also, Rarity has several states and variations of her more emotional side, and we have seen her normal more that emotional ... so it lends itself to a sort of realism with the character. 

I do disagree with Twilight though. I think they have done a decent job with her in terms of her panic attacks and OCD. 

• Brohoof 4

Speaking of Ms. St.Germain, has anyone seen this wedding from Nightmare Nights?

I want Rarity to minister my wedding! :D :D :D

I was there at nightmare nights, but only for part of friday and the rest of sunday.

Reminds me that I need to do a blog post on that...

I heard about that at closing ceremonies though, and it has me a bit interested in using my legal status as a minister for realzies.

...and for $$$

Gotta get me a marriage gig one of these days.

• Brohoof 4

Their fabulous presence will always live on the earlier pages here

Always. Always.

Found this one when taking a break from writing. I'm a fan of ethereal art in general and adding a little to a Rarity piece = XXxqyiy.png

crystal_fall_by_ventious-d7lz51b.png

• Brohoof 3

Charity: "Hey! Rarity thinks I have potential, Spikey-Wikey!"

Rarity: "Ahem. Darling?"
Charity: "Yes?"
Rarity: "Let's get one thing straight. That's my Spikey-Wikey. Capiche?"
TheMysteriousMrEnter: "Okay, give this book a point for that." *Ding!*
  • Brohoof 5

I want to get my hooves (or hands for those who don't like pony speak) on Rarity and the Curious Case of Charity whenever I can. 

Why? 

Reason 1: Rarity is in the title, so she definitely plays a main role in that book. Even if she doesn't, she's in it. I think that is a good enough reason. 

Now for the required Rarity picture:

post-28857-0-03221600-1414911214_thumb.png

• Brohoof 7