Rarity Fan Club

Tomiix

Unfortunately I have to agree. :( I don't think people give Rarity as much credit as they should. Tbh I think the thing about Rarity is she's super flawed, which makes her so complex and interesting. None of the other characters can come close to her in that vein, I think. And by flawed, I do mean realistic and relatable. I've so done things she has done and I really like how the show isn't afraid to show how REAL she is. I mean, I like Fluts a lot because I'm introverted like her, but I just don't think she can touch the realistic nature Rarity has. I also think a lot of people write her off because she's "girly." Ironic because FiM is a girl's show that depicts how all kinds of girls are good! I like how invested Rarity is in her appearance. She takes care of herself, knows what she wants, and gets things done. If someone hates her for that, it says a lot about them, don't ya think? ;)

**Sorry for the LATE reply. I work mid-shift (2-11) so I get home late**

I also think people don't give her enough credit. I mean, I know I relate to Rarity a lot, especially as far as flaws are concerned. I'm a writer, so I can be kind of picky about words and grammar the way she is about fashion, and I also have her problem of "everything in a place and a place for everything" and when someone messes with my stuff I get a little annoyed, like how she gets on Sweetie Belle. Plus, there's the whole "I will clean up this mess or it won't be right" thing that she has that I've had since I was little! I get SO irked at work when people rearrange the inventory or stack boxes wrong and I'm just like...

EcO3CeM.png

But, even though she's kind of picky and a perfectionist, Rarity is also a hard worker and a savvy buisnesspony! She's picky at work because she wants her clients to have the best, and you can't ever fault her for that. And, yes, she's prissy, but she's also really nice. She's loyal to her friends and even her sister and is there when they need her. Sure, she and her sister fight and she can come off as a bitch because of it, but siblings fight and sometimes they're not nice about it. (I think most of this is attributed to a stark age difference between the two, actually). I also really like how she takes care of herself. There's nothing wrong with wanting to be presentable. And, she can be vain, but I've noticed that it's more towards herself and her appearance. For example, she bickers with Applejack, but it's not like she completely disregards her as a pony or friend because she's a little rougher and dirtier at times because of her work.

And yes, some people do just write her off as girly and prissy. My friend does that and I'm like, yeah, she's girly and can be kind of uppity, but that's just her character! I mean, personally, for example, I'm not Dashie's biggest fan but I don't write her off as "tomboy and arrogant" because while she can be those things, there's more to her character and I know that.

Lastly, one of the unique things about her character is that, in ANY other show, she'd probably be the mean girl and her flaws would be accelerated and made hateful instead of, as you said, relatable. I'm sure we've all been in a place where some things HAVE to be just so.

Edited by LostButterflyUtau
  • Brohoof 8

I drew a picture of Rarity. Please forgive my lack of color.

img-2980798-1-c8CiqxQ.png

Better then anything could have done, I couldn't draw a stick pony if my life depended on it

You know people? I honestly regret that I never have time, or possibilities, of posting... I don't know... at least ONE? Longer, quality post in here which would bring ANYTHING into the thread from me. Heh.

All I generally have time for is posting a status update, commenting on few others updates or typing up one line, maybe to or even three if I feel extravagant, as a response to a random thread (thus the forum games, lounge sometimes grabs my attention when I visit the forums for like 5 minutes). Then there are all the RP threads and the section in general, and on top of that real life D:

It kinda annoys me that I feel, and look, like a vagabond rather than participant of this club xD Especially that Rares actually *IS* my favorite out of mane 6 (and 2nd favorite in general >.> <.< >.> ...)., and I wish I could sometimes review her character from my own perspective for your consideration, or refer to anything concerning her at all, but it actually eats a lot of time for me to create a fine, English-language post -_- Roleplays being an example of that. Hell, typing this one takes me longer than it should have.

Still, at least my spirit is in the right place :)

I wouldn't worry too much about it, I often have very little to say in this fandom but that's mainly due to my personality in-that I'm what they call "short winded" I don't speak much IRL either

You know, I think finally get it.

As Rarity kept climbing the ladder to her eventual place as Best Pony, I always puzzled why. I mean, sure there is amazing depth, a precision in the voice acting and singing, and she stars in some of the tighter stories told in animation let alone MLP. Most of my favorite characters are either polar opposites of me, have aspects that I meet my ideal self, or remind me of someone. Rarity fits some of that ... but not enough that I would normally gravitate this strongly. I mean, I know she's the best developed character on the show, and decades of reading deep characterization has trained my mind on what makes a great character ... but she didn't fit the emotional mold that the others did. Or so I figured.

Then there was this thread today where I typed the words, "Optimistic naivete.' I was describing myself. I look at the world as Anne Frank did ... I expect the best out of people ... and believe that will happen. I do all this after knowing the horrors and shit that exists and existed. Still I believe in the best of humanity. I do all this even though I have faced my own challenges in life that would have turned others bitter. I got up and refused to back down from my world view. No matter how many times I get knocked down or who does the knocking ... I get up and look it all ... and declare it worth moving forward. Smile on my lips and a bounce in my step.

Rarity. Story after story she does face the worse possible thing. Her career threatened, or talent questioned or ignored, her abilities and personality marginalized. Betrayed and humiliated. Still she gets up. Sill she moves forward with the same dedication to her art ... to her inner nature. No matter the challenges ... she remains generous and reuses to change. She still sees the world as good and decent. Worth fighting for in a sense. No matter what shit is thrown her way.

THAT! That is why I was drawn to her and why it took me viewing more of her episodes to finally start to love the chic Pone. Rarity represents my world view in a realistic way. Laments ... but then ... onward and upward. People are good. Gets shit on by the world that appears to conspire against her at times ... she deals and pushes on. She gets betrayed ... but refuses to betray her nature. Her determination to maintain her virtues no matter what is how I have framed and built my life around.

So yay ... epiphany!

And a personal connection + Great characterization = why the hell I love Rares.

img-2979681-1-large.jpg

Oh I agree with this all the way. That's just about every reason why I like her so much over any of the other characters in the show.

But in a real world situation. I doubt I'd get along with her because I know this sounds illogical but she would fall into the category of "everything I would love and everything I would hate" at the same time. We would be total opposites in just about every aspect but she is everything I can respect from anyone and that's probably one of the biggest reasons that I'm drawn to her character.

Edited by Argumedies
  • Brohoof 7

You know, I think finally get it.

As Rarity kept climbing the ladder to her eventual place as Best Pony, I always puzzled why. I mean, sure there is amazing depth, a precision in the voice acting and singing, and she stars in some of the tighter stories told in animation let alone MLP. Most of my favorite characters are either polar opposites of me, have aspects that I meet my ideal self, or remind me of someone. Rarity fits some of that ... but not enough that I would normally gravitate this strongly. I mean, I know she's the best developed character on the show, and decades of reading deep characterization has trained my mind on what makes a great character ... but she didn't fit the emotional mold that the others did. Or so I figured.

Then there was this thread today where I typed the words, "Optimistic naivete.'  I was describing myself. I look at the world as Anne Frank did ... I expect the best out of people ... and believe that will happen. I do all this after knowing the horrors and shit that exists and existed. Still I believe in the best of humanity. I do all this even though I have faced my own challenges in life that would have turned others bitter. I got up and refused to back down from my world view. No matter how many times I get knocked down or who does the knocking ... I get up and look it all ... and declare it worth moving forward. Smile on my lips and a bounce in my step.

Rarity. Story after story she does face the worse possible thing. Her career threatened, or talent questioned or ignored, her abilities and personality marginalized. Betrayed and humiliated. Still she gets up. Sill she moves forward with the same dedication to her art ... to her inner nature. No matter the challenges ... she remains generous and reuses to change. She still sees the world as good and decent. Worth fighting for in a sense. No matter what shit is thrown her way.

THAT! That is why I was drawn to her and why it took me viewing more of her episodes to finally start to love the chic Pone. Rarity represents my world view in a realistic way. Laments ... but then ... onward and upward. People are good. Gets shit on by the world that appears to conspire against her at times ... she deals and pushes on. She gets betrayed ... but refuses to betray her nature. Her determination to maintain her virtues no matter what is how I have framed and built my life around.

So yay ... epiphany!

And a personal connection + Great characterization = why the hell I love Rares.

Rarity is just such a great person, and everybody would be happy and proud to have someone just like her as a friend in real life.

The fact that she instantly forgets everything she does if a friends is in need and even is willing to bring great sacrifices for them, is much more than many people would be willing to do. ironically it's the same people that criticize her for being not generous enough that would uttlerly fail to come even close to her in that element.

How many would do what she did? Throw away career chances like they are confetti? Do things they despise and LOATHE, again and again, just so that their friends and familiy feel good?

Stand to their friends even if it could mean utter social suicide? Hold a fashion show she knew would be disastrous for her, just because her friends were so exited for it. Plunge her head into trash to keep a birthday party secret, even more horrible for her than it would be for any other person because she has a clinical fear of getting dirty, its like an arachnopobic person that would stick their head into a box full of spiders.

Hold out in a bath of mud for minutes, completely submerged, to reconcile with her sister. Being unwilling to give up the fire ruby just because it was a gift of her Spikey-Wikey, something that could have meant her death. After being kidnapped by the Diamond Dogs, being willing to actually HELP them finding gems without complaining, it was not until the dogs showed that they were unwiling to let her go that she started to resist. Going to a camping trip, something she, again, does not like, to be close with her sister. Rushing to Applejewels help when her dress gets ruined by mud, it was Rarity in the end in Simple Ways that brought herself back to normal, it was her own innate generosity and selfishness. Running out of a fashion competition that she was about to win, which could have meant disqualification, just to make up for the way she treated her friends. Because she snapped ONCE after all those times she was betrayed and disappointed.

Sacrifice, sacrifice, sacrifice and FORGIVENESS...

Thats one of the most important things about her... Forgiveness. Because she always forgives, she never holds a grudge. Not against her friends, not against Blueblood, not against Coco.

Thats what make her the element she is, and a true inspiration, a true rolemodel.

Sacrifice and forgiveness.

Edited by Obsidian Sky
  • Brohoof 9

Sacrifice and forgiveness.

Those two words can be said for both Queen Rarity and me. Despite she's not the most favorite Mane 6 for me but my personality is like hers. (Creative but unfortunately, I'm not arty like Queen Rarity as I told everyone when I first joined here.) Thanks to how I was taught (by my parents and religion), I'm a really generous and forgiving person.

For example: If my friends needed money to buy something and I have the amount of money they needed, I'll give them my money. Not lend. Give. And if they make me angry about something, expect me to make up with them in about... Minutes.

P.S: As you might noticed, I will address Rarity from now on as Queen Rarity or The Queen. All hail The Queen! Praise the Fabulosity!

• Brohoof 5

Those two words can be said for both Queen Rarity and me. Despite she's not the most favorite Mane 6 for me but my personality is like hers. (Creative but unfortunately, I'm not arty like Queen Rarity as I told everyone when I first joined here.) Thanks to how I was taught (by my parents and religion), I'm a really generous and forgiving person.

For example: If my friends needed money to buy something and I have the amount of money they needed, I'll give them my money. Not lend. Give. And if they make me angry about something, expect me to make up with them in about... Minutes.

P.S: As you might noticed, I will address Rarity from now on as Queen Rarity or The Queen. All hail The Queen! Praise the Fabulosity!

Why Queen Rarity? Try Rariqueen for short!

Crown_Princess_Platinum_Rarity_by_Macfla

• Brohoof 6

I also tend to borrow people money and if they want to give it back i just say: "Meh, you can keep it." :muffins:

And indeed, Queen Rarity is a very fitting title for the most gorgeous one! A generous and benevolent souvereign, keeping the unfabulous enemies at bay and her subjects safe and fabulous!

She gives freely and invests heavily in her peoples wellbeing. She favours the fine arts and is the biggest benefactor and patron in all the realms.

A queen not only lovely from the ouside, but from the inside too.

1ff5ed75f12539ac43b62111c3560aba-d4jho2j

Also: Hot...

Hail to the queen, baby!

Edited by Obsidian Sky
  • Brohoof 8

I also tend to borrow people money and if they want to give it back i just say: "Meh, you can keep it." :muffins:

And indeed, Queen Rarity is a very fitting title for the most gorgeous one! A generous and benevolent souvereign, keeping the unfabulous enemies at bay and her subjects safe and fabulous!

She gives freely and invests heavily in her peoples wellbeing. She favours the fine arts and is the biggest benefactor and patron in all the realms.

A queen not only lovely from the ouside, but from the inside too.

1ff5ed75f12539ac43b62111c3560aba-d4jho2j

Also: Hot...

Hail to the queen, baby!

I just finished my laughing fit XD What caused it? Twilight! Omg O_O

• Brohoof 6

Ummm hell yes ^_^ I actually love Rarijack as #1 ship myself...

I love Rarijack, may it be as a friendship or a loveship (I invented a word!).

Different as they may be, there is still much that connects them. They both are utterly dedicated to their work, have a great working attitude and would never deliver inferior wares. They both love their familiy and especially their sisters, and would do anything for them, as they would for their friends. Both are more than willing to set their own needs aside for others.  They both also had and have much responsibillity to shoulder from an young age.

The fact that both grew up in humble surroundings and the fact that Applejack may as well be like Rarity now, if she would have stayed in Manehatten, and that Rarity family is very country too, also connects them.

I think they have, apart from some harmless clashes and some good hearted banter, a very healthy respect for each other.

rarijack_art_trade_by_ambris-d7jwfvh.png

They are great and close friends, because and despite of their differences. I really love their friendship, and i really like to imagine them as lovers.

Both proud, both beautiful, both strong... Both in love.

rarijack_brushies_by_lulubellct-d5ky2gt.

• Brohoof 7

I have to say I'm quite enjoying the expanded thoughts you are made yesterday. It does this wordy old man's heart proud. Coffee is still kicking in so I'm making a short one.

Running out of a fashion competition that she was about to win, which could have meant disqualification, just to make up for the way she treated her friends. Because she snapped ONCE after all those times she was betrayed and disappointed.

Oh you are really going to love how I address that when I get around to wrapping up my 2000 + word blog about Rarity and her Ultimate Concern as illustrated in Rarity Takes Manehattan.

not against Coco.

One of the best character moments of the show for her was Coco asking if she could talk to Rarity in the theater, and Rarity reacting with perfect in-character magnanimity.

Wow, I don't know what's going, but everyone is writing longer posts. :D

Obsidian did it. All it takes is one well written and thoughtful post to get people to open up on the keys sometimes. Ghost followed and then I decided to share my moment of clarity, and before you know it we were bathing in glorious words. TL;DR posts for the win.

Good Morning Rarity Fan Club.

R0zawzD.jpg

• Brohoof 7

Oh you are really going to love how I address that when I get around to wrapping up my 2000 + word blog about Rarity and her Ultimate Concern as illustrated in Rarity Takes Manehattan.

Good morning! May the sweet kiss of coffee deliver you from the veil of the nights numbness.

post-25189-0-95223600-1398508608_thumb.png

And yeah, im sure im going to enjoy that.post-25189-0-31276000-1405956140.png Can't wait to read that.

One of the best character moments of the show for her was Coco asking if she could talk to Rarity in the theater, and Rarity reacting with perfect in-character magnanimity.

Ikr?

She could have reacted so different here! And i would not have thought less of her for it. Coco was a centerpiece, a supporting pillar of Suris betrayal. Without her Suri might not have been able to make those dresses.

Rarity was willing to give her a second chance though, because everybody deserves these... And Rarity knows that.

The openness and friendliness she showed to Coco was like a window to the true self of Rarity, her innermost character. Generous and forgiving.

• Brohoof 5

Good morning everypony.

Unfortunately, I've been feeling sick the past couple days.

rarity_caught_the_flu_by_rare_rarity_fan

Get well soon! Here's a Rarity picture to heal ya:

post-2257-0-31083300-1408108265_thumb.png

• Brohoof 7

My birthday yesterday was pretty decent: I got a Wii U, and then went to Olive Garden and Books-A-Million.

That is like the holy trinity of good times!

• Brohoof 4

Good morning, fan club! :D

I wake up to see everyone writing super long posts about why the Goddess of Fabulosity is so amazing, and I'm just like:

278807__safe_rarity_sitting_table_coffee

I might write my own super long post later, but I'm too sleepy right now :please:

Simple solution. Coffee IV should do the trick. :D

my-little-pony-mlp-art-mane-6-Rarity-540

• Brohoof 7

Hear, hear, Celestia save the queen! :)

(un)Fortunately I am not one for long posts because I have found that my train of thought usually gets derailed somewhere along the line whenever I start off on a tang...

Edited by Argumedies
  • Brohoof 5

Simple solution. Coffee IV should do the trick. :D

img-2981897-2-my-little-pony-mlp-art-man

Hey, as long as it's coffee :D

There's a lot if fanart with Rarity drinking coffee...namely cappuccinos :D Makes sense, she's actually drank one of those I  the show before :please:

Plus, she just looks so pretty while drinking them :wub:

206411__safe_solo_rarity_coffee_steam_ar

• Brohoof 7

Hey, as long as it's coffee :D

There's a lot if fanart with Rarity drinking coffee...namely cappuccinos :D Makes sense, she's actually drank one of those I the show before :please:

Plus, she just looks so pretty while drinking them :wub:

206411__safe_solo_rarity_coffee_steam_ar

Yes I believe she was drinking a cappuccino in Canterlot in Sweet and Elite

• Brohoof 6