Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

derpy or ditzy doo?

Thundershock

derpy vs. ditzy doo  

47 users have voted

1. 1. which do you prefer to call derpy/ditzy doo?

• derpy
    • ditzy doo

I prefer Ditzy Doo, honestly. It sounds much sweeter in my opinion, and was the original name. I don't like Derpy, because I find her overrated as a character, in general, but I do really rather like the name Ditzy Doo.

• Brohoof 3

I like Derpy, as it is a cute way of saying "mentally challenged" other than going up to someone and calling them mental or retarded. But some may take "you are so derpy *:P*" as offensive, but when I use it I don't mean to be mean, I mean it to be cute and funny.

I realize some may disagree but that's just my life and people know I'm random.

Derpy Hooves is the original name and it should stay that way. Ditzy doesn't sound like Derpy's personality at all, and Derpy just fits her so much better, so Derpy for life. :3

Oh, most definitely I do prefer Ditzy Doo to Derpy. Silly meddling with the writers meant that she got called Derpy in Last Roundup (until they changed it) but the character was supposed to be named Ditzy Doo. Still, it happened, so officially, she is called Derpy.

I like Derpy, as it is a cute way of saying "mentally challenged" other than going up to someone and calling them mental or retarded. But some may take "you are so derpy *:P*" as offensive, but when I use it I don't mean to be mean, I mean it to be cute and funny.

I realize some may disagree but that's just my life and people know I'm random.

So, are you saying that you think Ditzy is mentally challenged? If so... why? What about her would make you think that?

Im sorry if thats not what you meant.

So, are you saying that you think Ditzy is mentally challenged? If so... why? What about her would make you think that?

Im sorry if thats not what you meant.

I don't really get how you got that out of my post... since I didn't mention anything about the name Ditzy... next time please don't put words onto my post to make me look bad after I just stated my opinion. Not that I hate you but please just don't do that -_-"

I don't really get how you got that out of my post... since I didn't mention anything about the name Ditzy... next time please don't put words onto my post to make me look bad after I just stated my opinion. Not that I hate you but please just don't do that -_-"

you said "I think derpy is a cute way of saying 'mentally challenged' ".

I wasnt putting words into youre post...

Though I just got what you meant, and I am sorry for snipping at you. I get hyped up over such things as mental illness.

• Brohoof 1

Derpy Hooves is the original name and it should stay that way. Ditzy doesn't sound like Derpy's personality at all, and Derpy just fits her so much better, so Derpy for life. :3

You've actually got that wrong. The "Ditzy Doo" mentioned in Winter Wrap-Up is confirmed to by Lauren Faust to strongly enough refer to a gray pegasus yellow-maned mare, where the "featherbrained mare" to be shown in person another time.

That, and "Bubbles", "Bubblehead" and "Stoneface" were names used internally by the animators (well, the ones in the Philippine studio).

But since early 2011, Canadian producers all just refer to her as "Derpy", with that internet user "Dr. Foreigner"'s "Hooves" surname not really mentioned.

For all we know, background characters could be internally nicknamed all sorts of things that we have not been told of.

I don't understand why this is debate is still going on. It was settled in 'The Last Roundup'.

Her name is "Derpy".

Its canon. So just accept it. 

I've accepted that it is Derpy in a Word of God sense. I've also accepted that Tabitha St. Germain's do-over recording is the proper canon depiction of Derpy speaking, because that do-over is the one in which she is being voiced with the knowledge of being a mare.

Oh i absolutely prefer....both! I think that both are correct! Ditzy Doo is her real name, but what pony doesnt have a nickname? Dashie, Twi....Derpy is her cuter nickname. And i will eagerly look for her everywhere, calling her by either name <3

you said "I think derpy is a cute way of saying 'mentally challenged' ".

I wasnt putting words into youre post...

Though I just got what you meant, and I am sorry for snipping at you. I get hyped up over such things as mental illness.

I can understand what you're getting at in a way. From grade 3 to grade 6 I had a friend who was mentally ill, in fact I think he was one of my best friends. Sure, he didn't understand most of the world the way we see it, but I could understand what he ment when he spoke. People always laughed at him behind his back and mocked him and I felt bad for him since he is just an innocent soul being mistreated due to the fact that he is handicapped. 

He moved away in grade 6 and just recently I started to talk to him again now that I'm in grade 10 and he has mentally improved and I showed him MLP and he loves it, I even shown him the Derpy character and he loves her, and now I nickname him as Derpy and he thinks it as friendship...

Sorry for the little conflict and I hope I didn't offend you in any way <3

• Brohoof 1

When I first heard Rainbow Dash say that Derpy was her name I just went with it, I didn't realize that her real name was Ditzy Doo. IMO I liked Ditzy Doo more because it sounds like more of a legit name from MLP rather than Derpy as it sounds more like a meme than a name to me.

Ditzy Doo is her real name, and it does, admittedly, sound adorable.  I wouldn't mind saying that name. 

But then again, Derpy is a great name too.  

I can't decide, really, but if I had too, I'd go with Ditzy Doo.  

You've actually got that wrong. The "Ditzy Doo" mentioned in Winter Wrap-Up is confirmed to by Lauren Faust to strongly enough refer to a gray pegasus yellow-maned mare, where the "featherbrained mare" to be shown in person another time.

That, and "Bubbles", "Bubblehead" and "Stoneface" were names used internally by the animators (well, the ones in the Philippine studio).

But since early 2011, Canadian producers all just refer to her as "Derpy", with that internet user "Dr. Foreigner"'s "Hooves" surname not really mentioned.

For all we know, background characters could be internally nicknamed all sorts of things that we have not been told of.

That's not the point of the topic though. It's asking for an opinion based on what we've seen, and whether we prefer calling her Ditzy Doo or Derpy Hooves. By original name, I didn't mean what the staff have named her, I meant what WE named her.

Buuuuuuuut, if Ditzy Doo is her real name...then...damnit. ):

Edited by Dev

We need an option for both, cause I call her by both at different times. And sometimes Both at the same time. Like, Ditzy "Derpy Hooves" Doo. :3

I like them both equally.

However, I do believe that Ditzy Doo sounds much cuter to me.

I perfer to call her Derpy instead of Dizty Doo. It seems like a cute little name for her. :) Dizty Doo seems way too more official than Derpy to me.

For me at least, I like Derpy way more than Dizty Doo. But I don't mind when people call her Dizty Doo, it's different for everyone. :)

I prefer Derpy mostly because it sounds cuter to me but if it helps get her back into the show in another speaking roll (I know unlikely but a Derpy fan can dream) I wouldn't mind if it was changed to Ditzy Doo.

I quite like the way they covered it in Dr. Whooves and assistant on YouTube, her real name being Ditzy Doo but she's called Derpy by friends (and yes mean people). Kinda like me, the nicknames Fridge but its both an insult and a term of endearment.

As for her as a character, I quite like the life some of the fandom have given her. But there really as too much hooha about her.

Anyway, I tend to refer to her as Derpy myself, but I don't attach a negative stigma to it.

I choose Derpy, but i think of the name ''Derpy'' as a nickname,the same way that some pleople call her ''Bright eyes'' or things like that, because her name was first meant to be Ditzy Doo, and i like it too.

Hmmm...

I'd say I'd call her Derpy if we're not referring to her in the show, but then call her Ditzy Doo if we're talking about an episode or something like that. I don't think it'll be too hard to differentiate between the two.