Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Shanks

If you could say wake up tomorrow morning and switch lives with any pony, any one or even non pony character if you so choose who would it be? The Applejack fanboy in me wants to say Applejack and there are some positive aspects of her life. She has a close and loving family which is something that has always been important to me and one the many things I like about Applejack. Since Sweet Apple Acres is the family business she dosen't really have a "boss" so she gets to be her own mare which though apple bucking wouldn't be my first choice of a career is very liberating. My father used to have own his own Italian restaurant and though I knew I wasn't going to work there for the rest of my life I do miss the place and I liked alot of the customers.

But like I said before applebucking is not exactly my passion and it eats up alot of time especially if you your older brother and school age younger sister really the only ponies who can help you. My actual answer would have to be Twilight Sparkle, lets face it though I am sure it is hard work learning high level magic would be seriously cool. And being a librarian does appeal to the intellectual side of me and allows me to and even encourages me to do my writing which actually is my dream job. And if she has trouble getting any stallions attention she could just use the want it need it spell, all joking aside though she is more than hot enough to not need it (I know shameless plug for most attractive pony tournament but I couldn't resist).

EDIT: Someone brought up an interesting point of not wanting to be gender bended which I somehow never thought of so I added a new stipulation. What if in addition to being able to switch lives with anypony you could also if you choose become a gender bended version of that pony?

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 2

I would say my ponysona, because it's basically just me as a pony, but in Equestria, not in the real world. However  if it has to be some pony from the show I would say Soarin', because he gets to do awesome things and be awesome. I don't really care about Soarin' in the show, but it would be fun to do what he does :)

Edited by Brook

I would have to say I like who I am and I like what I am...but if I could switch lives with one of the main 6 for 24 hours, it would say it would have to be: 

Firstly, Twilight is already somewhat in my personality. The only reason I would not choose her would be the fact that her tendency to over analyze is very similar to myself, and I'd like to avoid that for a day! Fluttershy is as sweet as can be, but she is someone I would prefer to be best friends with rather than her actual self. Rarity would be a great friend to have again, but just a friend, not a temporary life switch. Applejack would be my next choice, but most of my life I have always worked hard for the things I have. My own family tells me to tone it down and try to have fun a little more! So I would most likely avoid Applejacks life due to the workload (and that is something I would want to get away from for awhile). But her emphasis on family is always a plus. Pinkie Pie is a great character! But I can be hyper enough as it is (on a good day!). So last but not least, there is Rainbow Dash. I have been suffering from some medical conditions lately, so having a healthy body with the ability to fly fast through the sky while breaking the light spectrum barrier would be the best option. She is also very loyal. I'd simply like to experience the thrill she must experience with no concept of the word "fear". So for 24 hours, I'd get to fly, be fearless, be loyal to my friends, and take a pretty awesome nap after all of that....while laying on a cloud. A cloud guys! I would say Rainbow Dash....for 24 hours, not permanently! 

I'm a guy, but either Fluttershy or Pinkie. They are both different sides if me. I normally don't talk when I'm around crowds and stuff, and usually let my hair fall into my eyes, hoping no one notices me. And when I'm alone or with really close friends or family, I will act funny, loud and normally annoying. I'm not sure which one. :P

• Brohoof 2

Although I have a gargantuan obsession with Pinkie Pie, I actually don't think she'd be the best pony to switch lives with - mostly owing to the fact that I'd want to be someone else so I could meet Pinkie Pie and her ecstatic personality in the flesh. If I switched lives with her, she wouldn't be present - there's no way I'm going to let her be absent for my one visit to Equestria. Also because I'd want it to be somepony who would have the ability to see everything possible, and get loads of talking opportunities. I think we can all agree that Pinkie isn't taken as seriously as other ponies in Equestria :P

But yeah, I would pick Soarin' - a world-class flyer known to all is bound to be able to visit everything he can, and the fact that he's a celebrity in Equestria is bound to get people starting conversations with me - I'd be able to see for myself so much about Equestria, learn just as much too. Then I'd go and fly around with the rest of the Wonderbolts crew, pulling off insane tricks and generally feeling the freedom. But I'd mostly spend the time touring.

Not to mention I could devour all the pie I wanted and nopony would think anything up :P Definitely a great way to get a friendship going with Pinkie n.n

Edited by Flipturn
  • Brohoof 1

Hello!

As it would make the most sence, probably my Ponysona. If i had to choose from the whole plot of canon characters, i'd probably choose Celestia :P Being best pony, i couldn't say no to that.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I assume we switch lives for just the one day,

It could be a day, a week, a month forever whatever you are comfortable with. As far as secondary characters go Soarin' is a good choice he is a Wonderbolt so we know he is skilled but judging by what we have seen of him so far he hasn't let that go to his head.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 2

It could be a day, a week, a month forever whatever you are comfortable with. As far as secondary characters go Soarin' is a good choice he is a Wonderbolt so we know he is skilled but judging by what we have seen of him so far he hasn't let that go to his head.

Haha, it's awesome to see that he doesn't go as unnoticed as I thought he did :P It's completely true, he obviously loves his aerobatics but in the end he does whatever immediately pleases him - that's one thing I really love about him.

If Soarin' weren't an option for whatever reason, then I'd be Rainbow Dash. Again, she's pretty well known (though not as known as any Wonderbolt) and she's great friends with Pinkie already. A pair of wings again will help me explore whatever I'd like to.

I would want to switch lives with Shining Armor. You can probably imagine why.

Or I would want to be whoever Rainbow Dash's boyfriend is :3

He is one lucky stallion isn't he? Now that I think about it though maybe I should change my vote for whoever Applejack's boyfriend is who says apples have to be the only thing that get bucked at Sweet Apple Acres?

• Brohoof 1

I would want to switch lives with AppleJack. I used to live on a farm and miss it dearly. So it would be awesome to live on my own farm! Also, she has a big family and I love big families!!! She basically lives the life I wish I could live right now.

My second choice would be Pinkie Pie. She and I are a lot alike, from the hyperness, to the randomness, to the friendliness (granted I'm shyer than her first, but still...)

Rainbow Dash would be awesome too!!!! Only because she is awesome!!! Also, It would also be neat to fly. I've always wondered how it would feel, to spread your wings and soar. To not have a care in the world. To see all the beauty from above... *sigh*

I don't think I could be anyone else really. Fluttershy is too shy, I love Twilight Sparkle and I would love to be her friend, but that's it. And I really don't care about fashion, so Rarity is out unfortunately.

If I couldn't choose my Ponysona then probably Filthy Rich. And here's why.

1 He's a Stallion and I don't want to undergo a gender change.

2 He's rich and owns a successful store. I would have money to see the sights and a business to do for a living. My Little Capitalist Money is magic! 

3 Diamond Tiara being raised right would increase the quality of life for all of Ponyville.

4 He's got good ties with the Apple Family.

5 Not much is known about him meaning I don't have many restrictions on what I can do.

If I couldn't choose my Ponysona then probably Filthy Rich. And here's why.

1 He's a Stallion and I don't want to undergo a gender change.

2 He's rich and owns a successful store. I would have money to see the sights and a business to do for a living. My Little Capitalist Money is magic! 

3 Diamond Tiara being raised right would increase the quality of life for all of Ponyville.

4 He's got good ties with the Apple Family.

5 Not much is known about him meaning I don't have many restrictions on what I can do.

Interesting choice, not wanting to be gender bended is certainly a good reason to go with a stallion and does bring up something I forgot to consider.

Okay folks I have decided to another new condition to this whole scenario, lets say in addition to switching lives with a pony you could also if you wish become a rule 63/gender bended version of them. It would be quite interesting to see how differently the other ponies treat the gender bended version. I read this fanfic once where Twilight was born a stallion instead of a mare but the other mane 6 were still mares and apparently all had the hots for him.

Being Vinyl Scratch sounds pretty awesome what with the partying and all, plus I really do love music so she'd probably be my first choice. 

As for Mane 6 characters, I would probably go with... Twilight. She isn't my favorite pony at all but I guess living in the library and being a powerful unicorn is pretty compelling, and her relationship with Celestia is rather enviable...  I wouldn't want to be Pinkie because much like Flipturn I'd rather hang out with her than be her, I wouldn't want to spend my days bucking apples so not Applejack, Fluttershy is the loveliest pony there is but then I wouldn't want to be her because my personality simply doesn't match hers, I have a pretty restricted interest in fashion so not Rarity and... Oh wait come to think of it I might want to be Dash because then I'd be in the Wonderbolts! 

post-12045-0-54170500-1359571499.jpeg

I would love to wake up as Twilight so I can stop the alicorn transformation from happening!!!  All kidding aside, I'd like to be Princess Cadence.  I love the way she looks and I thought her character was developed well.  I like how she is powerful, but also vulnerable at the same time.  I also believe that love can help overcome many things and I feel that her relationship with Shining Armor mirorrs a lot of the aspects of my relationship with my husband.  Also having magic and wings can be the best of both worlds and since I can sometimes be bad at making up my mind I won't have to choose this way!

Most definatly spike for me. im quite lazy and all spike does is stay at home but i wouldent like to clean up books all day but i think it beats going on adventurs and all that walking. I know spike isnt a pony but that would be my 1st choice. My second would be derpy because that character is practly the some as me. the only diffrence is that im a boy!

I would like to wake up as Rainbow Dash. I would enjoy being able to fly straight to school, without taking the bus to school. :P

A dream come true. :) It would be 20% cooler.

• Brohoof 1

I'd probably go with Twilight because I wanna be able to do magic and fly. (I can cast a wing spell on myself) Also, she is Celestia's personal student. That'd be awesome! Other than her, I'd say Rainbow Dash. Breaking the sound barrier must be really cool. :)

It's gotta be Fluttershy.  Living peacefully in the woods and taking care of the animals, and not being expected to talk any more than I want to.  Plus I could fly but I wouldn't be expected to do anything cool with it.

I love Dashie, but would probably switch places with... Hmm I would be my Ponysona, but that's probably not an option, if not probably Soarin. I want to be able to meet Dashie, and what better way than to be the one that most people as her LI. But my Ponysona is number one on the list, he's a tad different than myself so I'd have a slightly different personality.

Either my OC, Luna, Twilight, Derpy, Scootaloo, or Dash. :P I would really enjoy Luna or Dash, Being able to fly to school, and blow people away in class with a Canterlot voice, I would have a great time. LOL!