Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which of Dash's rivals would you want to see more of?

Rainbow RapiDASH

Gilda or Lightning Dust?  

40 users have voted

1. 1. Which Dash frienemy do you like better:

• Gilda
    • Lightning Dust

So Dash has two frienemies, Gilda:

Gildaposeid.png

And Lightning Dust:

Lightning_Dust_ID_S3E7.png

Does anyone want to see more of either of these two? Personally I like Lightning Dust better, but I'd like an episode where they both return and challenge Rainbow Dash to a three way race.

Edited by Rainbow RapiDASH
  • Brohoof 3

I don't think Lightning Dust is really a rival of Rainbow Dash. She's just not her friend anymore. So I'd say Gilda. I think it'd be kinda cool if they brought Gilda back in an episode in Season 4, and maybe even made her good. They've already done it with Discord and Trixie. If they did it with Gilda, they could make room for new antagonists.

Gonna say Lightning Dust. I don't like Gilda. Like at all. So I'd prefer her not coming back. I don't like Lightning Dust either, but yea.

• Brohoof 1

Hello!

Not sure if there's a real reason for either of them to come back, but if i had to choose, i'd definately choose Lightning Dust.

Gilda, just doesn't cut it for me.

• Brohoof 2

Gilda, actually. My reasoning is simple. Lightning Dust, when she was suspended from the Academy, looked really sorry for herself, as if she had acknowledged that what she did was wrong. Having her return doesn't really seem necessary. Gilda, on the other hand, left her episode without changing a bit - there are so many possible concepts for if she were brought back.

Lightning Dust, I didn't really like Gilda at all. Sure, she used to hang with Dash but she is just a 100% plain jerk. I don't want Gilda to never.. EVERRRRRR! come back AGAIN!

Flipturn makes a good point. After all, would the Trixie episode have gone over so well if there weren't people who hated her? I myself didn't want her to return, ever. And then she did, and it was glorious.

If it's a straight up question of who I like better, Lightning Dust easily. She actually has positive characteristics, just little to no empathy or willingness to restrain her impulses. She is a much more three dimensional character and perhaps my favorite minor antagonist.

If the question is who I want to return, they both have merit for different reasons.

Gilda: Can shed light on Dash's childhood and past at flight camp, I have been curious about this for a long time and I believe events there were crucial to making Rainbow who she is today, for better or worse. If Gilda returns I think there is a high probability that this could be touched on.

Dusty: Like I said above, she actually has a lot of potential as a character. She certainly has a long way to go, but I think that helping redeem her could develop Rainbow Dash in an interesting way. Lightning could be used in many ways, a rival, a friend, a nemesis, but most importantly as a way to further explore the depths of my favorite character :).

Incidentally, I have a secret fantasy of an episode where Gilda and Dusty form an evil alliance and Dashie puts on a Mare Do Well costume to battle them. Probably won't happen (For good reason).

In any case, I'd like to see both of them return for the different reasons I described above, but I have a slight preference for Lightning since I think Dashie's past could be elaborated on without Gilda, and I think Lightning could do things for the story that Gilda can't.

• Brohoof 3

I've mentioned before that Gilda is one of the characters I despise the most

Snips and Snails are close seconds

while Lightning Dust was a genuinely good character, although a little too similar to Dashie back in Season 1.

I'd be pretty thrilled to see him come back but not necessarily as a rival/enemy of RD, maybe just a friend who has learned her lesson.

God, I hated Gilda.  She was just a...bitch.   Plain and simple.  I'd prefer her to never return.   Now Lightning Dust I can work with.  If she came back, and she was more caring, I would be really happy.   I'm curious to see what happened to her, after all.  

I would pick Gilda, for I felt she was a much more effective character. Gilda was genuinely loathable, whereas Lightning Dust was pretty forgettable.

Edited by Sugar Cube

honestly, I've never seen Lightning Dust as one of RD's rivals; even though she was pretty daredevil-ish, Dashie and herself got along just fine, as a team;

so in that respect, strictly from the point of rivalry, I have to go with Gilda, although as a character...know what? I think I like Gilda more as a character as well XD

As I've always said, Gilda. Gilda coming back would open up an opportunity for some major background on Dash's past some more, perhaps some flashbacks. Unlike Fluttershy, who went to go live on the ground, Gilda was always hanging out with Dash in their tween years I imagine, perhaps very early adolescence as well. Also, we'd have a chance to learn more about griffons, where they come from, etc. Lightning Dust is good too and I think she could be used again in a good storyline, but I prefer Gilda.

• Brohoof 3

Gotta say Gilda. Gilda is best villain/antagonist. She could open up Dash/Flutters past and maybe we'll be able to prove who her mom is.

I chose Gilda, mostly because, like most have already said, I think it'd be a good opportunity to shed on some light on some of Rainbow Dash's past. Plus, after seeing part 4 of Turnabout Storm, I think there's a lot of potential diabetus if she is to be redeemed

That said, I would also be cool with Lightning Dust returning. Or you know what, have both come back

I hate Gilda, as soon as she yelled at Fluttershy. I freaking hated her, I mean Turnabout Storm helped, but I still hate her. She's a little jerk no matter how you put it. I feel like Lightning Dust could come back, learning from her reckless mistakes though. I liked her honestly. So yeah, I say Lightning Dust.

• Brohoof 1

I really don't like either of these two, but if I had to choose one...I would choose Gilda. I actually like Lightning Dust more than Gilda, but that's kinda my mane reason...It would be kinda cool to see how the writers would do an episode with Gilda...Again.

In my opinion, Lightning Dust was a great character, even for what she did in Wonderbolts Academy. I'm sure she'll show up in a future episode that had the premise of magic duel.

I didn't really like Gilda that much compared to LD.

img-1162077-1-attachicon.gifyep.jpg

I don't like Gilda, I didn't find her character very deep or, anything really. She was just sort of an arrogant person. Lightning has a personality you could expand upon.

post-11728-0-76641400-1360514284.jpg

Well,apparently Chuck Norris did,what' gonna happen. &(

JK

I'll join you brother on hunting down who the BUCK made fluttershy cry

• Brohoof 2