Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What video games do you play?

Daruin

So, as a researcher, I am very, very curious - what video games do you like to play?

For me, my current addiction is between Skyrim and Minecraft. both snuck up on me, demanding anothe playthrough. XD

91136-derpy_hooves-skyrim.jpg

I have a serious addiction to Little Inferno. Mostly because fire and fire. There isn't much too the game, but fire. And therefore, it's amazing.

• Brohoof 2

Minecraft, of course.

Skyrim, of course.

Fallout 3/New Vegas, of course.

Civilization IV, of course.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl, of course.

Team Fortress 2, of course.

Star Wars Episode 1: Racer, the game no one has ever heard of and/or played.

• Brohoof 2

I LOVE video games. I've played them ever since I was 4, and have owned nearly every console that has ever come out ever since the N64 came out. I play all kinds of games. As many as I can get my hands on.

I've played a number of great games like Fallout 3, Minecraft, Elder Scrolls, Knights of the Old Republic, Super Mario Sunshine, Custom Robo, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Assassin's Creed, Deus Ex, Final Fantasy, Mario Party, Pokemon Colosseum  Monster Hunter, Saint's Row, Mafia 2, Chibi-Robo, Star Fox, Mass Effect, Portal, Bioshock. and many, many more.

I've also played a lot of crap too. Like Super Man 64, Sonic 2006, Fallout: New Vegas, Mass Effect 3, Spectrobes, Dark Souls PC, Strike Suit Zero, Spore, Crysis, Shadow The Hedgehog, Star Wars: Force Unleashed 2, Wet, Killzone, Brink, and more.

• Brohoof 1

I like RPGs and shooters(though not really CoD shooters, I like more "over-the-top action" shooters.) I'm fond of hack-and-slash to though, like DMC.

Some of my favorites so far this gen have been RE5, No More Heroes I&II, DMC4, Shadows of the Damned, Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard, Alan Wake, Borderlands, Skyrim, Fallout 3, Ghostbusters, and probably some others if I though about it.  

As for other stuff:

The MGS series

Resident Evil 4

Blood/Blood 2

Devil May Cry 1&3

and on and on down the list.

As for right now, I was playing a lot of Skyrim, but I took a break from that to finally play RE6. 

Oh, Minecraft as well. 

Edited by Shoboni

Pretty much everything and I don't really have favorite genres, but I am a huge Nintendo fan and have most of the games they produce except for a few franchises I don't care too much for like Mario Party.

My favorite franchises are Metroid, Zelda, Pokemon, and Kingdom Hearts

I'm big on FPS like Battlefield 3, Warface, Warrock, and TF2. Though I enjoy other games like Saints row 3, SSX 2012, Fallout 3/New Vegas, RAGE, and a lot of command and conquer games. I have both a gaming PC and a xbox 360.

Battlefield_3_Game_Cover.jpg

Battlefield 3 is my favorite game so far. There are things wrong with it of course but i prefer it over COD (you can hate me if you want). The game's plot and story have a dated idea behind them. We have seen America and Russia at war in many other games. But it's interesting nonetheless. The DLC's really do a good job expanding on the already good Multiplayer.. The bad things about the multiplayer have nothing to do with the game its just the occasional spawn camper or as i call them "vehicle whore". These are people who are so obsessed with the vehicle they are piloting they do not contribute to helping the team. They will go run and wait for a Helicopter or Jet to spawn instead of fighting. Its ok if u need to level them up but after awhile you hurt your team by not helping.

Star_Trek_Online_cover.jpg

Not the best MMO ever (that honor goes to the now defunct Star Wars Galaxies) but STO is pretty good. I am a Trekkie and the game is really good in my opinion. It takes place in 2409 in a time where the Federation and the Klingon Empire are no longer allies and they are at constant war with each other. Players have to start out as a UFP player then at level 20 have the option to make a KDF character. The two sides have to team up occasionally to fight much more powerful enemies like the Borg, the Undine and the Tholians. Again not a game with out problems. Crpytic is very partial to Federation players. They do not treat the Klingon faction the same way. There is more content for the Federation players like Ships, Uniforms and weapons. The game is currently free to play and is in the process of its 3 year anniversary. So if you are thinking of giving it a try now its the best time. You can get a free ship after doing a mission with a special voice over guest.

SoulcaliburV.png

The Soul series is my favorite when it comes to fighting games because it is weapons based combat. The characters also have very interesting backstories you want to read. Soul Calibur V has completely redone the "critical edge" attacks making them much easier to do. They were almost impossible to do in Soul Calibur IV. This game also keeps in line with the tradition with adding a special guest character which in SCV is Ezio Auditore from Assassins Creed. They did a very good job putting him in the game because he isn't extremely Overpowered. Soul Calibur IV had Star Wars guest chartacters which were cool to look at but impossible to beat. (Darth Vader, Yoda and The Apprentice) If you like creating characters like I do get this, because they expanded on the Character Creator and there even more parts you can buy from the Playstation Store. They aren't expensive at all like 4 bucks or something like that. 

Fallout 3 and New Vegas are my favorites, I also like Portal and Skyrim. When I'm playing with friends I usually play Minecraft or TF2.

TF2 is fun when I'm bored and don't really want to play a serious game. 

Edited by thesteampunkninja
  • Brohoof 1

I play video games so seldom since I found this show, it's scary. xD  But here are my big ones.

-Grandia II and Evolution, both wonderful RPGs for the Dreamcast.

-Other RPGS are Final Fantasy IX & X, Xenosaga I and Radiata Stories.

-For fighting games, Soul Calibur II (NONE of the others measure up to I and II), Tekken 4 and that dinosaur gorefest Primal Rage.

-Platformers? Sonic 2 and VectorMan. I have nothing against Mario but it's no comparison to the sheer style and energy of those games. Donkey Kong Country II is awesome though.

-And can't forget Silent Hill 3. For some reason I never got into any of the others, just 3. :huh:

Star Wars Episode 1: Racer, the game no one has ever heard of and/or played.

I have both heard of it and played it on Dreamcast! :lol:  It was fun, but my favorite DC racers are Hydro Thunder and Looney Tunes Space Race.

Edited by TailsIsNotAlone
  • Brohoof 1

I have both heard of it and played it on Dreamcast! :lol:  It was fun, but my favorite DC racers are Hydro Thunder and Looney Tunes Space Race.

I know that there is an arcade Racer based on the console game with controls much like Anakin's pod (with the two joystick arm-bar...things...y'know, like in the movie!) The local arcade used to have one when I was a kid, but I was too small to sit in the seat and be able to reach all of the controls.

...I really wanna go play that game right now.  :blink:

I will play almost everything the only genres I don't really care for are first person shooters and racing games because they all feel like the same game especially the shooters, there are a few exceptions of course two of my favorite Nintendo 64 games were San Francisco Rush and Goldeneye. I liked the random craziness in San Francisco Rush and the screen where you enter you name after a race is done always cracks me up because it says "whats your name?" And "nothing nasty now." And everything about Goldeneye just seemed to work, kind of a shame that there hasn't been a James Bond game that has lived up to that level of quality since.If I had to name a favorite genre I would say RPG's because of that strong sense of immersion into another world that they in particular if done right do a decent job of.

ss_c57ce89c45c0c93ddf4ef92c133870c9d0275

As of right now, I am completely addicted to Team Fortress 2. I loved the game when I first started playing it, but right now I am having way too much fun in the Pony Fortress 2 servers. This game is awesome, and I just love all the fun features and the balancing system that this game incorporates.

metal-gear-solid-hd.jpg

I am also a big fan of the Metal Gear Solid series. My all-time favorite is Metal Gear Solid 3. The gameplay was great, but the story was amazing.

• Brohoof 1

Depends. You want genres or specific series? Consoles? You want what I'm playing right now or what I usually go back to between games? This is a pretty loaded question. :P

Anything goes! :D What you like, be a console game, PC game, or a certain genre is what I'm interested in. Games, after all, are art as well as an interactive media. It's only fair I approach it in an open way, allowing those who want to answer the question to answer it in the way that feels more acceptable to them. Yes, it is a loaded question, and that was my mistake.

I love open world games, platformers, and FPS's. I also love games that are insanely hard, but still really fun to play. They're hard to come by, but worth the search.

I actually haven't been playing very many games lately.

Edited by Betez

I play mobile games like angry birds, temple run, i ocaccionaly play call or duty, but thats about it

Im not much of a gameplayer, havent really played any games with that mario guy or that blue fast thing...

I was gonna buy a playstation, but 300 dollars for a game console is too much for me. Im not willing to pay 60 dollars for games when i can just play ios games that are 99 cents..

Edited by OEG5789

Right now? The Binding of Isaac, have been spending so many hours on that game lately. Games I recently played the shit out of include The Witcher (gonna play through it once more for the alternative ending), Counter Strike and GTA IV. The game I have played the most of all time is The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I probably have around 1K hours on that game

I love narrative driven games with fully realized universes. Like the Dead Space franchise. DS2 is probably my favorite game of this generation. Its story has so many layers and implications!

You just can't go wrong with Lovecraftian Cosmic Horror! Dead Space 3 was pretty awesome too, though Carver's story did have more emotional weight to it than Isaac's in my opinion.

I mainly play Minecraft and Team Fortress 2. I love Minecraft for it's simplicity, and TF2 for the general messing around with my friends.

Also, I like to play whatever The Legend of Zelda game I can get my hand on at the moment whenever it's been some time since last time I played.

I just beat Bastion, and I'm doing new game plus on it, that's a hella good game. Also I beat Antichamber a few days ago, it wasn't as hard as it sounded most of the time, just have to go with the flow in that one.

On a more general note, I play TF2 and LoL a lot.