Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you dislike Bronies so much then why stay?

Fluffy Pinkie

So i figured i'd start a topic about something recent I've been seeing a little more often. It seems like i've been seeing more often the appearnce of people on the forum who appear to bash on bronies simply because of their thoughts or views on future or current events involving MLP. Now don't get me wrong i understand everyone has the right to express their opinion but why verbally abuse some user simply because they get upset over an episode (like telling them to grow up!) instead of simply stating in a calm way why you disagree?

I'm sure most if not all of us remember that this show started off and still is mostly meant for little girls it still is meant to appeal in some way to parents which in other words means adult. While the writers may have thrown nods our way Bronies are most likley not the majority viewers of the show, But almost every cartoon has older viewers which doesn't mean that the older people have to automically be man-childs maybe they enjoy the show for it's themes and art-style? If a kid watch's an episode of some show that was meant for teens and dislike's something about it you don't just say who cares it's not for you? While the fact may be true they still could bring up a noticable flaw that many others the writers included did not notice which can help improve their show for the next possible season and raise the show's ratings. Now this does not mean to go on a hating rave about something you disliked with MLP feel free to state your dislike without being a complete A** about it.

With the MLP staff(not saying Hasbro) i'm sure that they are fairly eager to hear some critiscims on something that happened in an episode, what they don't want to hear is comments about why their wrong without valid statements showing why this will affect the property as a whole(Merch,toys,ETC) which will entail them to report this to Hasbro. Ex.)Alicorn Twilight - If you don't like the idea of her and you don't want to wait until season 4. Go to a Bronycon or such and ask your questions to the writing staff(no rants!) or if you can't do that try and contact them through twitter and bring up some questions you have. If you prove a valid point maybe the writing staff may bring it up with Hasbro which could possibly lead to something changing.

In the end if you really can't stand the people on the forums and can't talk to them in a civil manor then why even stay? While you have every right to stay why stress yourself and others out if they bother you so much? If you dislike something about the show why not think about it clearly and then in a civil manor try to bring it up to some of the MLP staff and show why this may effect it's future?

Well that's all i have to say i may have not explained in exactly the words i wanted but i hope i got the point across.(now for the hate :huh: )

• Brohoof 11

I agree completely. One can watch the show, but not be a part of the fandom. Anyone who says they are a brony who hates other bronies is a liar.

I've seen tons of people post - not really here, but on EQD specifically - that bronies are obnoxious, and they are one. They are not. If they were a brony, they would know that only the loud bronies are... well loud. The majority are much more quiet.

• Brohoof 10

I agree completely. One can watch the show, but not be a part of the fandom. Anyone who says they are a brony who hates other bronies is a liar.

I've seen tons of people post - not really here, but on EQD specifically - that bronies are obnoxious, and they are one. They are not. If they were a brony, they would know that only the loud bronies are... well loud. The majority are much more quiet.

Ironically, the people who say things like that are the biggest part of the problem they are complaining about. Just like any group, there are obnoxious hypocrites among us, but to say that they dislike bronies but are one is the really childish idea of "Everyone except me has a problem".

• Brohoof 3

Amen/Brohoof, man. 

I agree. I see complaints on how 'stupid' the fandom is. Sure, some parts can be annoying, or dumb, but that doesn't mean your not a brony. If you love the show, that's all that matters, and you can still consider yourself a brony. I personally enjoy seeing/being with the fandom, however, I obviously don't agree with every single statement they make. But I can agree on most things. 

Still, whether you like the fandom or not, your still a brony. If you hate the fandom, don't come running and complaining to me, or anypony else on the forums. Be happy that you like the show. You don't have to complain about the fandom. If they post/do something stupid, their problem, not yours or mine. You like the show? YOUR A BRONY. End of story. People say their an 'ex-brony, just because they hate the fandom. Sheesh, just be glad for the show. You can always be a part of the community, just don't follow whatever people say like it's being preached by the Gospel. 

• Brohoof 1

I agree. I see complaints on how 'stupid' the fandom is. Sure, some parts can be annoying, or dumb, but that doesn't mean your not a brony. If you love the show, that's all that matters, and you can still consider yourself a brony. I personally enjoy seeing/being with the fandom, however, I obviously don't agree with every single statement they make. But I can agree on most things.    Still, whether you like the fandom or not, your still a brony. If you hate the fandom, don't come running and complaining to me, or anypony else on the forums. Be happy that you like the show. You don't have to complain about the fandom. If they post/do something stupid, their problem, not yours or mine. You like the show? YOUR A BRONY. End of story. People say their an 'ex-brony, just because they hate the fandom. Sheesh, just be glad for the show. You can always be a part of the community, just don't follow whatever people say like it's being preached by the Gospel. 

I just hate the fact when people be like i'm EX-brony because of the fandom. I mean as long as you like the show it shouldn't really matter why flip out on somebody and say well it's not meant for you! As long as they don't go on a rant who cares. What happened to diffrent opinions?

• Brohoof 1

If someone dislikes bronies and just talk trash, they are just talking out of their ass or wasting their own time. Sure, there are obnoxious and loud bronies out there. But, if you say '' Everyone has a problem but me.'' then your only hurting yourself.

• Brohoof 1

Everything in this post may or may not be offensive to certain people based on their own personal viewpoints, though NONE OF THIS IS INTENDED TO BE RUDE OR OFFENSIVE.

Here are the list of problems I see here. (based on the contents of this thread)

1) Hypocrisy

This is being applied by both sides.

Read on to get my personal reasoning.

2) Labelling

- This is on those who posted here calling others bronies.

Yes, they may fit the term. However, put it a different way, you might as well be calling them 'sissies' or 'faggots' for all the difference in opinion it makes.

If you were to say that 'brony' is not intended as an insult, it doesn't mean it cannot be received as one.

It is considerably hypocritical to label someone with something you admire or respect and expect them to do the same, even if they fit the terms of that label in any way.

3) Denial

This is their problem.

You can hate on it, that's fine.

However, why go so far as to stooping to their level?

The existence of this thread is proof that you don't want to tolerate them just as much as they don't want to tolerate you.

4) Acceptance

There is none here.

You cannot accept someone who denies being a brony and insults other bronies.

Those in denial of being bronies cannot accept being labelled adequately for what they enjoy.

I admit I do not care about pony chat. Frankly I just love the series for certain reasons.

(started and currently waiting for only about a week)

5) Typos and grammar errors.

All over. Woohoo. (this isn't actually a problem related to the topic)

p.s. all this is judged based on everything written in this thread, not the bronies and ponies who wrote them.

Enjoy the moderately long read.

3) Denial This is their problem. You can hate on it, that's fine. However, why go so far as to stooping to their level? The existence of this thread is proof that you don't want to tolerate them just as much as they don't want to tolerate you.

I said they have the right to stay here all i said was why stress yourself and others out? if they stay on here fine i'm just curious why they would want to?

4) Acceptance There is none here. You cannot accept someone who denies being a brony and insults other bronies. Those in denial of being bronies cannot accept being labelled adequately for what they enjoy. I admit I do not care about pony chat. Frankly I just love the series for certain reasons. (started and currently waiting for only about a week)

But is it right to insult others? Everyone has the right to their own opinion maybe it's true that their scared of being a Brony but why should you take it out on others? Everybody has their own opinion but it should be explained in a calm, collected manner without any name calling.

This is the reason i really don't like EQD and the main reason i am here all of the time. I agree completely most bronies are not loud at all. This is a case of "the squeaky wheel gets the grease".

I said they have the right to stay here all i said was why stress yourself and others out? if they stay on here fine i'm just curious why they would want to?

But is it right to insult others? Everyone has the right to their own opinion maybe it's true that their scared of being a Brony but why should you take it out on others? Everybody has their own opinion but it should be explained in a calm, collected manner without any name calling.

I have learnt that you can't expect anything from someone else just because you can expect it of yourself.

Do they have to insult? Is it right?

The answer to both those questions carry different weight with different people.

I would say that they do, for their own part. Insulting others for it will do something for them, even if it's something so minor as just raising their confidence. (ego, arrogance, denial or whatever you wish to call it)

Whether it's right is an ethical question and is rather difficult for me to answer.

I look down on people so that I feel better about myself.

Is it wrong to look down on others?

Is it wrong to feel better about myself?

Are my methods necessary?

Are they not?

That, too, is an opinion for anyone to decide, regardless of what influences the decision.

We're going into really subjective topics here. *implied chuckle*

Your opinion is that we should be civilized in our discussions and opinions.

Their opinion is otherwise.

This is what standards are to me. That what one considers vile and beautiful may not be so with another.

That is also what opinions are based on and for.

There is a right and wrong, but that's up to each person to decide for themselves.

Edited by Feld0
There was no need to respond to a troll post.

I have learnt that you can't expect anything from someone else just because you can expect it of yourself.   Do they have to insult? Is it right? The answer to both those questions carry different weight with different people.   I would say that they do, for their own part. Insulting others for it will do something for them, even if it's something so minor as just raising their confidence. (ego, arrogance, denial or whatever you wish to call it)   Whether it's right is an ethical question and is rather difficult for me to answer.   I look down on people so that I feel better about myself. Is it wrong to look down on others? Is it wrong to feel better about myself? Are my methods necessary? Are they not?   That, too, is an opinion for anyone to decide, regardless of what influences the decision.   We're going into really subjective topics here. *implied chuckle*   Your opinion is that we should be civilized in our discussions and opinions. Their opinion is otherwise. This is what standards are to me. That one person considers vile and beautiful may not be so with another. That is also what opinions are based on and for.   There is a right and wrong, but that's up to each person to decide for themselves.

I can understand your point that what one considers right could be wrong to another personal. My very thought pattern could be considered. wrong to another. I'm sure many would look at this and say they have the right to express their opinion in any way even if it requires yelling or shouting. Maybe i'm wrong but i still felt the need to state what i feel needs to be stated just as another may state it was unnecessary to talk about this subject. I want to thank you because it's nice sometimes to talk about philosophical ideas. 

I. THINK I get what you're saying?? I'm a little confused as the post seems to kind of ramble a bit. But I do agree about the bit pertaining to complaints with the show. If you've got a problem, don't turn it into some weird crusade like those guys that talked about boycotting MLP: FiM until Hasbro was forced to undo Alicorn!Twilight. That's just petulant as heck and really just goes to show how immature and entitled some fans can get.

Edited by Feld0

I like to ramble. It's fun. When it involves text. Reading~YAY.

Immature has little to do with it. Asking for things to go your way applies to many ages and isn't limited to being immature.

Entitled? I guess you're probably right.

I can understand your point that what one considers right could be wrong to another personal. My very thought pattern could be considered. wrong to another. I'm sure many would look at this and say they have the right to express their opinion in any way even if it requires yelling or shouting. Maybe i'm wrong but i still felt the need to state what i feel needs to be stated just as another may state it was unnecessary to talk about this subject. I want to thank you because it's nice sometimes to talk about philosophical ideas. 

Get used to it. I pretty much live my life based on whimsical philosophical statements.

Which reflects more on my interwebs life than anywhere else.

You can also not get used to it. Fine with me.

Edit : Oh, one last thing.

They stay, to my experience, because part of them enjoys SOMETHING about being here.

Whether it's just for stress needs or as a means of entertainment or simply being clingy, there's a reason for everything.

Edited by Feld0

Hah, I had a derp moment and thought Sunset Spark was the OP. And now I'm a little confused because you're responding like I was talking to you and I was more talking to OP...?? Also I really am not sure what you're saying exactly.

Edited by Castoro Chiaro

I have yet to come across this problem. All the users i interact with, either on threads or my status' or PM, are super nice. This might be the first i have heard of this. My memory fails me at the moment. In my opinion if someone where to attack me for liking the whole Alicorn twilight thing or say they hate the fandom for it i would just laugh and say thats your opinion bro, whether it has logical premise is up to you.

• Brohoof 1

Stuff like this is ALWAYS a problem with fandoms. Everyone hates on us because of the "loud" one's, though most are quiet. Wether it be Sonic, Mario, Call of Duty, or My little Pony, there will always be those "evil fans" (as I call them) who malicously attack people who disagree with thier fandom or show/ video-game/ whatever.

5) Typos and grammar errors. All over. Woohoo. (this isn't actually a problem related to the topic)

10-4 on that.

Hah, I had a derp moment and thought Sunset Spark was the OP. And now I'm a little confused because you're responding like I was talking to you and I was more talking to OP...?? Also I really am not sure what you're saying exactly.

I'll put it in as plain an example as I can picture it right now.

You like cake.

I like cake.

You like cookies.

I don't like cookies.

You say cookies are good.

I say cookies are bad.

Some agree with me.

Some agree with you.

A plain example of what standards are.

What we consider the 'norm' for everything we know.

Edited by Sunset Spark

Okay, reading back through, NOW I get what you were saying. I don't think people should have to politely state dissent if they feel angry, or even that they need to LIKE what happened. It's okay if they say it sucks! I may not agree at all, but I respect their right to have that opinion. My point was that making demands is simply unreasonable, which is how some people chose to respond. There's a different between stating an opinion and acting like one has the authority to change a decision that was not made for the Bronies in the first place.

• Brohoof 1