Was Twilight Sparkle becoming an alicorn a good thing?

pleasedontcomeback

357 users have voted

1. 1. Do you think Twilicorn is good or bad news?

• Good!
    • BAD!
    • Idk, as long as the show goes on.

Twilie is Twilie! With wings or without, she will always remain my little Twilie.

Still adorkable, still loves her books, still friendly, still slightly funny/silly in a cute way.

Plus Twilie I know would never refuse to have some snuggles during story time  :adorkable:

storytime_scratchy_scratch___by_ponyecho

• Brohoof 2

Woah, that bump.

I think it was a bad thing, I prefer when there were 2 unicorns, 2 pegasi and 2 earth ponies.

Plus she has become slightly less relatable, I preferred when she was just a student with student problems (as in Lesson Zero)...

I'm not too disappointed either. It shows the show and the characters are evolving.

Twilight Sparkle as she became an alicorn (winged unicorn) and a princess is a great way since I remember that's from the third season finale episode "Magical Mystery Cure" as in February 16th, 2013. That'll be great to have her as a princess in the future.  :)

I think so, it shows just how far Twi has come from being an introverted academic in Canterlot to the Princess of Friendship in Ponyville. Not to mention, that episode and that episode are still my favourites in the show thus far. :D

• 1 month later...

I'm fine with it. It kind of made sense they go with that direction with her character after how much she's been through, especially after the two parters, and I think there are still plenty of good stories they can tell with the change. I do like the way they've handled her character ever since the change and I do hope for more stories with this change since there's no turning back now.

I think it's great because it shows how much she has grown as an individual and developed as a character. She handled all the difficult challenges and came out on top. Against Luna, against Discord (which she accomplished mainly by herself with a little help from Celestia), Chrysalis, Sombra and perfecting Starswirl's spell after she made a mess of it earlier. 

The season 3 finale was the best episode imo because of  how well it summed up Twilight's journey and growth into one episode, in addition to Celestia's beautiful ballad. I'm not going to lie I almost shed liquid pride in that scene. 

No. Twilight was already a borderline mary sue, and making her into an alicorn just made that worse.

She's a main character

That's not a good reason, and the mane six are the main characters. 

Edited by 1CJB

No. Twilight was already a borderline mary sue, and making her into an alicorn just made that worse.

If Twilight Sparkle is a Mary Sue, then i change my name into Mickey Mouse.

• Brohoof 2

I didn't see anything wrong with it. It just opens up more opportunities for her as a character, gives the writers more to work with. What's so bad about that? Besides, even with the change we've already seen that her core personality has stayed more or less the same, it's not like it's made her any less adorkable. :P

If Twilight Sparkle is a Mary Sue, then i change my name into Mickey Mouse.

Let's see, universal bias towards her success? Check. Is nearly perfect? Check. Absurdly gifted to the point where everyone else is practically useless? Check. 

Mary sue.

Let's see, universal bias towards her success? Check. Is nearly perfect? Check. Absurdly gifted to the point where everyone else is practically useless? Check. 

Mary sue.

Sorry, the word these days that is just a buzzword, that people like to throw around. Besides, even if it was true what you say, it dosen't make her unrelatable. Being a Relatable character, is very subjective.

If Twilight is unrelatable and Mary Sue, why are most Marvel and DC superheroes beloved by millions of fans?

What you might not like, can be liked by somebody else.

• Brohoof 1

Sorry, the word these days that is just a buzzword, that people like to throw around. Besides, even if it was true what you say, it dosen't make her unrelatable. Being a Relatable character, is very subjective.

If Twilight is unrelatable and Mary Sue, why are most Marvel and DC superheroes beloved by millions of fans?

What you might not like, can be liked by somebody else.

I don't get it, are you saying all the superheros from the DCverse are poorly written mary sue characters?

I don't get it, are you saying all the superheros from the DCverse are poorly written mary sue characters?

No, but alot of them also seem to have (like you would say) alot of priveleges and make seem everybody to be useless. I can think of Iron Man, Thor, Spider Man, etc.

• Brohoof 1

No, but alot of them also seem to have (like you would say) alot of priveleges and make seem everybody to be useless. I can think of Iron Man, Thor, Spider Man, etc.

Not really familiar with the DC characters, but having a character with superpowers doesn't automatically make them a sue. I'm pretty sure most of the characters aren't useless either. 

Not really familiar with the DC characters, but having a character with superpowers doesn't automatically make them a sue. I'm pretty sure most of the characters aren't useless either. 

But Twilights friends are? Alright.

It is a telling sign that the same people are trying to create drama where there is none to be had, and it is sad that some are unable to move on from it. I would say it has been a good move as far as changing the status quo without altering the dynamics too much, and I am comfortable to say that most of the fears about such a move have been exaggerated or unfounded.

I would say it has been a mixed blessing so far given that they underplayed it throughout most of Season 4 but now they are doing more with it in Season 5 at least. Got some pretty good episodes out of it, and also Equestria Girls to boot, but Twilight is still the same old Twilight.

It also seems to have been a smart marketing move on Hasbro's end as well as far the business side is concerned.

Edited by UnknownFry
  • Brohoof 2

They pretty much are in comparison. 

Having power or being talented or special or a leader doesn't make a sue in my eyes, it's the way it's written that matters. 

If anything it would be the other way around. Without her friends, Twilight wouldn't have been able to defeat the many enemies that she faced. She is the central element of course but without the others she is totally weak. 

• Brohoof 1