Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

That's BS: Twilight can fly with no training from flight school/camp

poniesforfun

(edited)

This is hardly the first time for this even. Way back in Sonic Rainboom Rarity instantly knew how to use her wings. It could just be a side effect of the magic. Besides, we don't know how competent Twilight is at flying anyway. For all we know she lost control and ate it seconds after the screen faded to black.

In any case, if in Season 4 there's an episode about Dashie giving Twilight flight pointers and nothing about her doing the same to Scoots, heads will roll.

Scootaloo, unfortunately, is disabled and cannot fly.

As for everything else, maybe Twilight was spinning out of control right then?

Edited by RosemaryPetal

I don't even bother anymore.

Having different opinions is a crime in this fandom.

This is a forum, a place for people to exchange ideas. But every time someone questions stuff like this, he/she is tagged as someone who doesn't like change.

I guess the ending was just for effect. At the beginning of the EQG movie, Twilight had trouble flying and landed on the ground. I don't think she knows how to yet.

one big mistake you made: approaching this problem logically. You are basing all of this off of the idea that they fly based on the flapping of their wings creating a high pressure zone below them and a low pressure zone above them, generating lift. However, the wings are not to a scale that would allow flight through these means for a pony, and as such it must be concluded that they fly using some brand of "pegasus magic." This is one of those fanon things that basically explains how pegasi and earth ponies dont actually lack magic, their magic is simply a different kind from that of a unicorn. When Twilight became an alicorn, these principles would suggest that she gained control not only over the "general purpose" unicorn magic but also over the more specialized earth pony and pegasi magics. Therefore, given that she already knew how to control one form of magic, it would not be too far-fetched that she could control the other forms of magic through similar means.

Here is the sufficient answer: Twilight jumped off the balcony, caught a gust of wind, and rode it long enough for S3 to end. The very beginning of S4 will be a continuation of the scene in which she crashes, I guarantee it.

Yay~

• Brohoof 2

Here is the sufficient answer: Twilight jumped off the balcony, caught a gust of wind, and rode it long enough for S3 to end. The very beginning of S4 will be a continuation of the scene in which she crashes, I guarantee it.

Yay~

If that's the case, then:

tumblr_mqgqyrtclj1spg5uho1_1280.png

she's doing good so far. Definitely some room for improvement though.

This is gonna be good, megentelemene.

If that's the case, then:

-in the interest of scrolling-

she's doing good so far. Definitely some room for improvement though.

This is gonna be good, megentelemene.

Yes it will. And when it happens, you can bet I will be there. And do you know what I will do? I will stand up and say:

I CALLED IT.

I. CALLED. IT!

And then I shall sit back down.

Can we not assume that she used a flight spell that would allow her to master flight for one day (or some other time period)? It's not unlikely. Rarity was able to fly right away after she got her wings spell from twilight. I'm sure there's some "flight master for a day" spell.

• 3 weeks later...

i do not think that her flying is bs it is addressed in equestrea girls where she cant fly for S**** plus it made for a good ending to a season and to address the issue Fluttershy it is fairly good to say that she could fly but when other ponys where watching her she cant fly like in (i think) Season 1 episode 7 the epesode where they have to get the dragon out of equestrea and she cant fly because of her fears. 

• 4 weeks later...

That is bs. How could she just fly without being taught. We were encouraged to stand and walk by our parents when we were just baby ponys.

That is bs. How could she just fly without being taught. We were encouraged to stand and walk by our parents when we were just baby ponys.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see the problem, pegasi learn how to fly at a young age because they live in the cloud and it is a necessary form of transportation for them. It's like you trying to learn how to walk in your 20s. Do you think you'd have the same trouble as you would have if you learn it at age 2? She's a young adult, a very smart one at that, it's quite reasonable for her to learn it faster than young fillies at flight school.

You know, I find this thread to be rather hilarious. Poundcake, a pegasus colt that was only a few weeks old when he first appeared, was able to fly just fine. Nopony panics.

A fullgrown Twilight Sparkle can fly after becoming an alicorn, as the joker would say: EVERYPONY JUST LOSES THEIR MINDS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-gf29nuYYA

well that's 1 of 2 things.

the cake kids are bucking amazing

some real shite ass writing.

Now personally if we ever get a next gen mlp those cake kids better be God damn prodigies lol