Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does anybody want to see an Alicorn prince?

Rainbow RapiDASH

Guy Alicorn?  

70 users have voted

1. 1. Would you want to see an alicorn colt on the show?

• Eeeeyup!
    • Eeeenope!

Pretty straight forward.  the alicorn species is, as it stands, is a straight up egg farm.  Does any one think it would be interesting to see a horned, winged colt on the show?  Do you think it would it be a big event or a nothing special sort of thing?  I'm indifferent at the moment, but it might be interesting how an alicorn colt would interact with the other alicorns on the show.

Edited by Rainbow RapiDASH
  • Brohoof 1

The show all together is mainly females, and that's because their SUPPOSED to be trying to get little girls to like it.

They could have a alicorn prince, and I can see it happening so little girls every can have the "Prince and princesses complete pack yay!".

But, I don't know how in the world it would incorporate in the show itself.

• Brohoof 3

I guess an alicorn prince could be nice. But, I think it would be better to have an Alicorn colt that does not need to be in royalty. I say if the decision is good for the show, I say let them go for it.

• Brohoof 2

I'd like to see male alicorns. But god, I'm sick of Hasbro forcing alicorns to equal royalty. I'd love for any other alicorns introduced to not be royalty. 

Yea, it's something like:

Some Unicorn person: "You want to make me and Alicorn?!"

Hasbro: "EEEYUP! And royalty too!"

Some Unicorn: "Hmm, I don;t want to deal with politics... can I just have the wings and NOT be royalty?"

Hasbro: "EGAD! But you just HAVE to wear this ridiculous crown and uniform for our pre-made toys!"

• Brohoof 2

Wouldn't mind more important male characters in the show, in fact I'd like it. But I think that the show has too many Alicorns as is, and introducing another out of nowhere would be a bit much for me.

UNLESS it was Celestia and Luna's father. That would be pretty cool. Bonus points if he's evil :)

• Brohoof 7

True.  Anypony of actual real responsibilty have been alicorns.  It would be great seeing some without the responsibility of leadership, colt or not.

One more thing:  Don't you think it might also be possible for earth ponies and pegasi to become alicorns?  Why would it just be unicorns?

• Brohoof 1

True.  Anypony of actual real responsibilty have been alicorns.  It would be great seeing some without the responsibility of leadership, colt or not.

One more thing:  Don't you think it might also be possible for earth ponies and pegasi to become alicorns?  Why would it just be unicorns?

I think it's because, MAGIC, *Snort snort*.

most alicorns shown don't really, use their wings much. They just use the magic mostly. And somehow having wings makes their magic stronger or something, I guess.

BUCK YEAH! I would like the show to give more importance to male characters, not that I want to cause a gender war but really it's ridiculous how "weak" the stallions in Equestria are. Not physically especifically

• Brohoof 2

I think it's because, MAGIC, *Snort snort*.

most alicorns shown don't really, use their wings much. They just use the magic mostly. And somehow having wings makes their magic stronger or something, I guess.

Zecora isn't a unicorn, and she can do magic.  Twilight asked her to train her in "Magic Duel". It's only easier for unicorns to use magic than other ponies.

Yes and I think a good candidate would be Shining Armor, it would give Hasbro what they want ie more toy sales (I am sure many of these would Shining Armor and Cadence together) without having potential disastrous consequences on the quality of the show. Or introducing a new character might be interesting as well and he dosen't necessarily have to be royalty.

• Brohoof 2

No! Please Celestia, no more alicorns. At this rate they're going to lose all meaning on the show. I'm interested in male characters getting a little more attention but we don't need a male alicorn bursting onto the scene out of nowhere. That's not canon, that's bad fanfiction. xD

• Brohoof 3

No! Please Celestia, no more alicorns. At this rate they're going to lose all meaning on the show. I'm interested in male characters getting a little more attention but we don't need a male alicorn bursting onto the scene out of nowhere. That's not canon, that's bad fanfiction. xD

Definitely this. One more alicorn is too many alicorns. What's even worse about having a male alicorn is the fact that this new random character is instantly special amongst even alicorns, being the only male among them. I'm all for removing gender segregation, but male alicornyness is easily the wrongest way of doing it since ever.

• Brohoof 2

On the subject of males being more represented they can do an episode involving Big Mac, Braeburn and Shining Armor on a quest or something. Shining Armor as the ken doll, Braeburn the country boy and Big Mac the silent one.

• Brohoof 4

I think it would be a great idea to put in a male alicorn, if they could actually find a good storyline to fit the bill. In fact, I was just thinking about this the other day in school. It went something like this.

*Le Me Being Bored In Science And Thinking About MLP*

Let's list the Alicorns because WHY NOT?!

Celestia, Luna, Cadence, *gag* Twilight... Wait a sec. Wait just a gosh-darned second! Why are there no male Alicorns?!?!?!

*End*

Yeah, our Science teacher isn't very entertaining. It's kinda sad; I actually love Science...

Anyway, the point is, if the writers actually come up with some brilliant reason for their to be a male alicorn, then go ahead and put one in! But, as other people have said, they shouldn't make too many Alicorns, or they are just going to lose all importance in the series. ;)

Yeah, I've seen about enough alicorns.  The concept of godhood and being somehow special loses all its weight if the writers just keep making more of them.  Luna and Celestia: fantastic.  Cadence: doesn't match the pattern, but she's pretty cool.  Twilight: fits the pattern, but come on, guys.  Seriously?  A fourth one?

If they keep doing that, then it'll just be a gimmick and not a meaningful transformation or character addition.

I'd love to see a male alicorn, since its kind of sexist that the rulers are just female. dont get me wrong, MLP is geared towards something else. What i mean is i think its stupid how Alicorns are just magically created.. its like Changling Queens, well maybe. Point is, I dont think they should make a big deal about it. but maybe, show, say, Celestia's and Luna's father.

Like he comes and visits them one episode. that'd be funny, since Twilight and friends could have nervous break downs over it xD

Frankly my ideal scenerio to introduce male alicorns, hell more alicorns, would probly be through a flashback or stories told of ancient times. Maybe an era when Alicorns where a tad more common and served as sort of deities with different tasks and resposabilties around the world. 

• Brohoof 1

I guess?Alicorns aren't all that interesting to me,and if Hasbro keeps adding on to the list of Alicorns,it might start to feel a little bit like DBZ and how everybody and their kids could go Super Sayian without a second thought.

I would much rather see more of the Saddle Arabian ponies,honestly.

Edited by CaptainBlue808
  • Brohoof 5

I'd like to see male alicorns. But god, I'm sick of Hasbro forcing alicorns to equal royalty. I'd love for any other alicorns introduced to not be royalty. 

Put like this, it would be easy to get the wrong idea of how Hasbro portray Royalty as 'Above You'. 

That is, however, if you completely disregard the Season 3 Finale. Up until then, it seemed you had to be physically royal.

Put like this, it would be easy to get the wrong idea of how Hasbro portray Royalty as 'Above You'. 

That is, however, if you completely disregard the Season 3 Finale. Up until then, it seemed you had to be physically royal.

Prince Blueblood.  Not an Alicorn, still royalty.  A bit of a jerk too, the way he treated Rarity in "Best night ever."  I'm still not sure how he can be Celestia's nephew.  The only way that would happen is if Luna was his mother, and she'd been in the moon for a thousand years prior to season one.

• Brohoof 2

Prince Blueblood.  Not an Alicorn, still royalty.  A bit of a jerk too, the way he treated Rarity in "Best night ever."  I'm still not sure how he can be Celestia's nephew.  The only way that would happen is if Luna was his mother, and she'd been in the moon for a thousand years prior to season one.

Ah, forgot about him. In one fell swoop you've completely destroyed my previous comment.  :lol:

I don't really know much about Blueblood either, maybe he was just there for the purpose of the episode.

4 Alicorns isn't that much in the show, even if they are all royalty. Cadence fits in the pattern because she was born a princess, so being royalty, it would be normal she has the matching horn and wings.

There aren't much colts in the show, so it would be hard to promote anypony else than Shining Armor to Alicorn. And what's the point in promoting Shining Armor? He is married to Cadence now, so he is already royalty. He can't really be promoted at this point.

I leave it to the writers to find a way to introduce male alicorns if they need to introduce some, but I don't think it's either important or relevant to the show so I don't expect them to appear anytime soon.