Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does anybody want to see an Alicorn prince?

Rainbow RapiDASH

Guy Alicorn?  

70 users have voted

1. 1. Would you want to see an alicorn colt on the show?

• Eeeeyup!
    • Eeeenope!

Ah, forgot about him. In one fell swoop you've completely destroyed my previous comment.  :lol:

I don't really know much about Blueblood either, maybe he was just there for the purpose of the episode.

lol, sorry about destroying your comment.  But Blueblood does turn up again in "sweet and elite" alongside Rarity at the dedication of the airship.

I guess, but since we've seen 4 Alicorns (counting Twilight) and no male ones, the odds of one existing are probably very rare. Because of this, you probably won't find one near Ponyville or Canterlot, however I wouldn't mind one being mentioned but finding one would be hard.

I'd very much like to see a powerful male leader of another country or some such, perhaps along the lines of Sombra but not evil. Don't care about the male to female balance, four Alicorns is enough. Each time a new one is added, it takes something away from the others.

I have to admit I "jumped into" the series a little after the beginning of S3. So Cadence never struck me as being a "new" Alicorn added to the cast of characters as she was well presented in "A Canterlot Wedding" and "The Crystal Empire" but rather as being already in place. Of course Twilight is a new Alicorn but I don't think it will take anything away from the other 3. She is after all the main focus of the series since the beginning and her accession to her new status was the will of Lauren Faust herself.

It was going to happen one way or another, and I think they needed an obvious physical change to Twilight to go along with it. It would have felt weird to simply give her the title and just leave her exactly the same as before.

I will finally agree that too much isn't good, but we haven't reached that point yet IMO.

Even though i'm not too much of a fan of Alicorns, especially Twilight.

I would like to see a cannon male Alicorn, just to see what the male version would look like artistically. 

oh my goodness did you say "egg farm?" ahehehehehe!

Can only princesses be alicorns? The season 3 final epsiode was a little confusing to me, so twilight is royalty? Is royalty passed through blood or is it bestowed upon people. If It was bestowed then it totally would make sense to have maybe a prince alicorn at some point. I feel like it would be redundant to have a big thing like they did with Twilight but it would be so cool to have a prince snuck in there at some point. Would be interesting in my opinion.

I don't really think so.

I mean the concept of being an alicorn has kinda dwindled down. Celestia and Luna where the only ones at first and for that it made them special.

If they put any more alicorns then we may as well have a city full of them.

Now that I am on that subject one thing that would really annoy me is if they made a city or land full of alicorns. Why? Well for one it will be for marketing purposes only. Second it would obliterate the idea of alicorns being special. Why is and Alicorn special if there is a city full of them.

So while I like the idea I am going to say no because it would already make the dwindling speciality of alicorns as a species even lower.

I wouldn't mind seeing an Alicorn colt in all honesty. In fact, it's boggled me that the Alicorns can apparently only be mares (not trying to be sexist here xD). On the other hand, I'm also ok with the idea of the show not introducing any more Alicorns seeing as we already have 4. That's plenty for me.

I would love to see a male Alicorn in the show I do not know where it will fit with the storyline but it would be a good not sexist add on to the show!

Everyone has good points, from what I can see.  Putting the whole "Royalty" thing aside, good reasons for introducing a colt alicorn would be:

Possible story elements

May give some insight on the past of Celestia and Luna

Expand the alicorn mythos in the series

Nice to see what one would look like

arguments against, however:

Introducing more makes them seem less special

learning more about them takes away from some of their charms

could possibly over complicate certain aspects of the show.

more than likely it would end up as just another secondary character not used all that often.

Eeeeyup, personally I am still torn.  If they make it a big deal  its more than likely that it'd go bad, but if only in a flashback it could be nice.

• Brohoof 2

Yes I would Love that. Even cooler if it was a non royalty and evil. Even better have him NOT overpowered but a political type of leader who is slightly stronger like Cadence Level.

Also the Gender Ratio is worst that the gender ratio in "Boy" Shows. Atleast in guy shows if theres a Spcial Rank and theres more than two people chances theres a female. In MLP on the other hand has four Alicorn and maybe five with Skyla but still no Male in them

Buck yeah, but only if it was our Feldian Overlord himself who showed up! B)  I can just see it now; Feld0 would be the MLP god of coding, and teach the Mane 6 all about the wonders of coding and building a pony forum.  You've got to admit, that right there would be bucking amazing!!!  :lol:

Well Twilight Sparkle, I have taught you everything I can; you are now ready to embark with your friends on your journey into the magical world known as "the Ponynet".  Once there, you can restore order and balance to my realm of MLP Forums, and reclaim my throne from the entity known as ~Chaotic Discord~.

We won't let you down Lord Feld0; with your training, and the magic of friendship, there's no way we can fail!

Thank you Twilight, and good luck.  Now go, and stop the chaotic one before he destroys all, and the Ponynet is forever engulfed in chaos!

img-1193568-1-Feld0CommFin.png

img-1193568-2-Awesome_face.jpg

TELL ME THAT WOULDN'T BE THE MOST AMAZING THING EVER!!!!!!!!!  THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT... YOU CAN'T!!!!!!!  IT'S JUST... THAT... AWESOMEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  B)  B)  B) 

Aside from that amazing scenario, I guess I'm pretty indifferent about the matter, but I certainly wouldn't be opposed to the alicorn prince scenario, and there are quite a few ways it could work.  But seriously,  MAKE THIS ^^^ HAPPEN!!!  :angry:

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 2

Hello!

Well, i wouldn't mind seeing one. It would certainly be less of a shock than Twilight becoming an alicorn. Males don't get to much attention in the MLP universe, so a little love for them, wouldn't hurt to much i guess.

bad_poker_face_by_rober_raik-d4czhp0.png

I would like to see a situation of less than expectations with introducing a city state of alocorns who are not super fantastic like the princesses. Have the main six visit without being told what to expect other than it is where the princesses came from. Twilight has to use a teleport spell that Celestia teaches her. See an alicorn pulling  a cart. Have a conversation where they are surprised that he is not a prince or something. They take turns being leader. Have the rest of the episode going around and seeing how ordinary the lives of the alicorns are. Not run down or super fancy like Canterlot. More along the lines of ponyville Have an alicorn ask what the princesses have been doing since they left. 

The overall message is that it does not matter what you are, its what you choose to do. A pony is not extraordinary  or important because of what they are but who they are and what they choose to do with their abilities and talents.

Yes, actually. They have to exist. Otherwise, how would the Alicorn race survive? Unless, Luna and Celestia were transformed like Twilight.

Anyway, they really should make a Canon Male Alicorn Prince.

Eeyup. I wouldn't mind seeing a male alicorn.

They could bring back Star Swirl the bearded or something...that would be kinda cool.

Or maybe Celestia and Luna have a brother or something...the prince of time ?

Anyway, I think it would be a cool idea.

Yes, actually. They have to exist. Otherwise, how would the Alicorn race survive? Unless, Luna and Celestia were transformed like Twilight.

See, there's that unicorns do with other unicorns? Well, they tried doing it with some... well... non-unicorns and hum... I should probably stop there... :blink:

They could bring back Star Swirl the bearded or something...that would be kinda cool.

I think it was announced that Star Swirl was an unicorn when he was mentionned in the show by Luna. I believe she said something along the lines of: "Even a great unicorn like Star Swirl couldn't do this". So sorry on crushing your hopes on this one, it would have been awesome.

• Brohoof 2