Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow's or Rarity's Singing?

Swick (ded)

Dash or Rarity?  

96 users have voted

1. 1. Who is a better singer?

• Rainbow Dash
    • Rarity
  2. 2. Who's singing voice is more adorable?

• Rainbow Dash
    • Rarity

From a technical standpoint, it's not even close.  Rainbow's singing voice is very suited for her and her style, very rock-ish, but Rarity's is just much more melodic and technically sound.  She could be the voice of a Disney Princess.

• Brohoof 3

While I find Rarity's singing voice to be good and all..I honestly find Rainbow Dash's singing voice to be better. To me, it's reminicent to a rock ballad of sorts and I find that alone to be quite awesome :3

• Brohoof 2

What the heck is this "adorable singer" category?  Well whatever the heck it means, Rarity should be blowing RD out in there as well, except all the Rarity fans already voted before that category was added!  THE SECOND POLL IS RIGGED!!!  ^_^

• Brohoof 3

Rarity definitely gets my vote. Her voice is like velvet, so elegant and smooth. Just listen to her and tell me she doesn't have a beautiful voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmC2WXkPagE

Rarity has had how many solo songs? I can't quite remember...I think I'm dazzled by her stupendous, wonderful singing voice.

Oh, hey, look! More votes for the finest mare in Ponyville.  :wub:

I just can't seem to remember how many solo songs Rainbow has had either... Oh waaait... I wonder why that is...

• Brohoof 1

Dang!  Can't say I've ever seen Rainbow get blown away like this in ANY poll before, at least not in a one-on-one competition with another pony.  Way to represent Rarity's-singing-voice lovers!!!  B)

And what's even more impressive, Rarity's the one upstaging her. Rarity. The pony who gets, from my experience, the least amount of fan-love.

• Brohoof 1

I personally like Dashie's voice better, and this probably doesn't surprise anyone. Some of you may change your minds when she actually gets a full length song to herself (crosses fingers) :).

I could see which is better being debatable, but Rarity's singing hasn't ever struck me as particularly adorable. Dashie's on the other hand is loaded with all sorts of d'awwww-inducing voice cracks :)

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 5

I personally like Dashie's voice better, and this probably doesn't surprise anyone. Some of you may change your minds when she actually gets a full length song to herself (crosses fingers) :).

I could see which is better being debatable, but Rarity's singing hasn't ever struck me as particularly adorable. Dashie's on the other hand is loaded with all sorts of d'awwww-inducing voice cracks :)

She has gotten a full length song to herself! :lol:  I mean granted, it was a duet and not a solo, but still she sang for a real good deal of it on her own, at least 50%.  I guess I can see the adorableness being debatable and even leaning in favor of RD, but (1) first of all that wasn't in the original poll, so I still am kinda skeptical of its legitimacy, at least here in this thread, and (2) that just further reinforces my staunch belief that Rarity is the better singer, because she's not going to be sounding very adorable, so to speak, when she sings in such a refined and mature voice.

She has gotten a full length song to herself! :lol: I mean granted, it was a duet and not a solo, but still she sang for a real good deal of it on her own, at least 50%. I guess I can see the adorableness being debatable and even leaning in favor of RD, but (1) first of all that wasn't in the original poll, so I still am kinda skeptical of its legitimacy, at least here in this thread, and (2) that just further reinforces my staunch belief that Rarity is the better singer, because she's not going to be sounding very adorable, so to speak, when she sings in such a refined and mature voice.

Yeah, key words were to herself. I actually remember Fluttershy singing most of Find a Pet, but oh well. It would have been a tougher choice before the finale, but I really liked Rainbow's part of A True True Friend. Eh. To each their own :)

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, key words were to herself. I actually remember Fluttershy singing most of Find a Pet, but oh well. It would have been a tougher choice before the finale, but I really liked Rainbow's part of A True True Friend. Eh. To each their own :)

Like I've said throughout this thread, I love RD's singing, it works for her :D; but still, as a choral singer, it's not even so much whether I like personally Rarity's singing the most (which I pretty much do, at least aesthetically, but I love all of their singing equally for what it brings to their characters), but more for me whether or not, from an objective standpoint, Rarity's the better singer, which I quite frankly firmly believe she is.  The good news is that anytime any of them sing, we all win!!!  YAY!!!  B)

Edited by Batbrony

I have to go with Rarity hooves down, (By Celestia I love Pony puns) Her voice scan hit more notes and a higher range then Rainbow Dash, Honestly you should have asked about the voice actors instead. Where I find Rarity's Kazumi Evans better the Rainbow's Ashleigh Ball. I almost have to give it to Ashleigh over all as she is the singing voice of two different ponies while Kazumi is only a singing voice. So Kazumi as best over all singing but Ashleigh as best over all talent. (The Argument should have been voice actors instead of ponies) 

*Off topic Ashleigh's singing is also really amazing in Littlest Pet Shop where her more Rainbow Dashie pitch comes through the cleanest .

• Brohoof 1

For sure, Rarity is an amazing singer, but my favourite goes to Dashie. I could listen to her singing voice all day! I voted her the most adorable, my favourite part of her singing is in A True True Friend, and At The Gala. I'm constantly trying to sing like her, to, but I fail... Because no one is as amazing as her. :3

Plus, Rainbow Dash NEEDS her own solo song, now. Only one left... C'mon writers!!

Edited by (\ScootaDash/)
  • Brohoof 2

I love the elegance Rarity's singing voice has. But Dash also has such an adorable singing voice - probably the best one is when Dash sings to Rarity in the song "A True, True Friend".

I'd have to say that Rarity's Singing is more professional and in a sense beautiful. However Rainbow Dash's singing is nice in it's own way.

Over all I think it is really quite pointless to try and judge and rate singing styles that are INTENDED to be different based off the attitude and background of the character.

• Brohoof 1

The way I rank the singing voices of the Mane Six is vastly different from how I rank the ponies themselves.  My favorites, in order, go: Applejack, Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity.  But when it comes to singing voice:

#1 - Twilight Sparkle

#2 - Rarity

#3 - Fluttershy

#4 - Pinkie Pie

#5 - Applejack

#6 - Rainbow Dash

So as you can see, I think Rarity's voice is FAR superior to Rainbow Dash's, even though she's admittedly my least favorite of the Mane Six.  Although I did like RD's part in "At the Gala", her singing voice overall is just too rough for my opinion.

I think the problem with Rainbow Dash is the same problem that Applejack had.  Both of them have "specialized" voices - Applejack has an accent that doesn't lend itself well to most musical styles, but she was really able to shine in "Raise This Barn", which is one of my favorite songs.  Rainbow Dash needs a song that plays to her strengths, like a rock ballad or something that takes advantage of her rougher, more adolescent-sounding voice.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I prefer Rarity. There's a reason why there were more solo songs made for her. She and Pinkie are the sing-song ponies. Rainbow Dash to me doesn't feel like the type of character to sing at all, that would make her lose her character. Rainbow Dash is also far from cute.

Edited by poniesforfun
  • Brohoof 1

Whose singing is cuter? Rainbow, definitely.

Whose is better? Uhhhhh.... That's a much tougher question. >_>

I love both of their singing voices very much, but... I think I'll go with Rarity. Just so... idk, you know what she sounds like. lol

• Brohoof 1

Rarity, of course. She has the voice of 100 angels singing together in harmony...

Still, Rainbow deserves some credit too. She just has more of a rock/pop voice, and considering 90% of the music I listen to is rock, I like that.

• Brohoof 1