Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow's or Rarity's Singing?

Swick (ded)

Dash or Rarity?  

96 users have voted

1. 1. Who is a better singer?

• Rainbow Dash
    • Rarity
  2. 2. Who's singing voice is more adorable?

• Rainbow Dash
    • Rarity

I'd say Rainbow Dash actually. I like her singing a lot for some reason. I love Rarity's 18th century accent, but not when she sings.

Dashie. Partially because of my personal bias and partially because I think she really has better singing than Rarity. I just love RD's voice anytime, anywhere, in any form.

Wait. I know several people who sound like that. I think I may sound like that. It's not 18th century accent, it's absolutely normal. Right... Right?!

I don't know Edited by Betez

Dashie has the cute adorable voice crack singing while, Rarity has the elegant Canterlot beauty singing like out of a opera. Pretty much, Dash has the very adorable singing.

• Brohoof 1

Dashie. Partially because of my personal bias and partially because I think she really has better singing than Rarity. I just love RD's voice anytime, anywhere, in any form.

I love Rarity's 18th century accent

Wait. I know several people who sound like that. I think I may sound like that. It's not 18th century accent, it's absolutely normal. Right... Right?!

Edited by Jessper

Gotta go with Rarity here. Not only does she have the more talented voice, she uses it to a greater capacity than Rainbow. There's a reason why she's been given two songs to herself.

Not faulting Dash here, but Rarity knocks her clean out of the park.

• Brohoof 2

I love RD, including her singing, but sorry, as a choral singer I simply have to go with Rarity on this one.  Her vocals have ALWAYS impressed me the most out of the whole group ever since I heard her first full length number in "Art of the Dress" and I'll take her lovely, refined singing voice over RD's any day.  And again, it's not like I don't enjoy RD when she sings, it's simply that musically I just think that Rarity's singing voice is both immensely impressive and the most aesthetically pleasing, refined, and matured of the whole group.  Sing on Rarity, sing on!  :D

3.png

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 3

umm hello!? there's no match here, actually I think it's unfair to Rainbow Dash to be compared to Rarity's singing, when it's obvious that Rarity has the best singing voice of the mane6 (not to be a fanboy but as a neutral opinion). 

• Brohoof 1

I dunno, they're both really good singers I think. Hard to pick..

I guess I'll go with Rainbow, her voice cracks and stuff are cute and sometimes sound pretty cool to. Shes also a pretty good singer overall I think, something about her voice is just really cool with singing idk.

However Raritie's voice has more range and is a bit more professional sounding. She's also had more time to sing so I can get a better opinion on her, so ugh idk.

I'm quite torn really, I voted for Rainbow for the sake of it, but Its really a close one for me.

• Brohoof 2

Ummmmm....

Rainbow Dash, Rainbow Dash is best lead singer. Atleast as far as ponies go.

V

But if you wanna think rarity, go ahead, your wrong :P

Hey now, hey now, let's be fair, this has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not the characters' actual VA's do their singing, this is purely concerning the characters' singing itself.  As an aside, I will say that I think it's awesome that Ashleigh Ball has always done the singing for both AJ and RD; the only other VA of one of the Mane 6 who does singing for any of her characters is Andrea Libman, and she only sings for Fluttershy.  So yeah, that's amazing, but still, gotta go with Rarity on this one, I just love, love, LOVE her singing voice so very much!  :wub:

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 2

I find it peculiar that most of the Rarity voters never gave a point to back up their vote, probably because they couldn't think of one. :o See, the Rarity voters are just jealous of Dashie's amazingly adorable voice, so they're trying to bring her down, but she'll always be the top singer. :wub:

• Brohoof 2

Only voting for Rarity because she's already gotten two solos fit to her character while Rainbow Dash has barely got to sing at all.

It's sort of an unfair comparison really. I think Rarity vs Twilight's singing would be a much better comparison

• Brohoof 1

I find it peculiar that most of the Rarity voters never gave a point to back up their vote, probably because they couldn't think of one. :o See, the Rarity voters are just jealous of Dashie's amazingly adorable voice, so they're trying to bring her down, but she'll always be the top singer. :wub:

Rarity has had how many solo songs? I can't quite remember...I think I'm dazzled by her stupendous, wonderful singing voice.

Oh, hey, look! More votes for the finest mare in Ponyville.  :wub:

I'm going with Rarity because I love most of the songs she sings and her voice too. I think most people would vote rainbow dash because they think she's good at everything when she clearly isn't . That's my opinion, but I would have to say Twilight's my second favorite singer.

Applejack.

Oh? I can't vote for her. :P

I think Dash and Rarity are both great singers. I think Rarity is the better singer, but one thing Rainbow has going for her is that it's the same voice as her regular speaking voice. Rarity's singing voice is a bit too different from her speaking voice.

• Brohoof 1

I wasn't gonna post cause I didn't know if I could word it right, but you've prompted me to :'D

I basically agree with everything Batbrony said. Rainbow's voice is cute and spunky - she picks things up in At the gala in a really great way. However. I don't know much about professional singing or anything, I was never in choir, but Rarity really sounds much more professional, mature, and refined. Rainbow can carry a melody and still sound like  Rainbow, but Rarity does that and makes it amazing. She really takes it to another far more refined level.

• Brohoof 1

Howdy folks!

I think Ashleigh Ball, (AJ & RD) & Kazumi Evans (Rarity) sing great.

Also Shannon Chan Kent (Pinkies singer) & Andrea Libman (Fluttershy) Rebecca Shiochet (Twilight's Singing voice)

I have no complaints.

Nicole Oliver (Princess Celestia) Singing that ballad at the finale was superb!

Same with Britt McKillip in Canterlot Wedding. (Princess Cadence)

Give these lovely ladies credit.

:wub:

See ya!

Edited by OtakuBrony

Oh, please. It's a no-brainer. Rarity is easily the better of the two. Better tone quality, for one, and Rarity just has the most beautiful vibrato, while perhaps not applicable to all songs, certainly comes across quite nicely when you look at her songs, and often in others. 'A True True Friend' and 'Winter Wrap Up' come to mind immediately.

Although I do have to admit Rainbow sounds good on 'Been Dreamin' during her portion of 'At the Gala'. That's the only Rainbow song/solo I felt truly fit perfectly for her. She needs more rock ballads.

And this is all coming from a moderately skilled musician and vocalist myself. I kind of know what I'm talking about.

Edited by Descant ♫
  • Brohoof 2

Dang!  Can't say I've ever seen Rainbow get blown away like this in ANY poll before, at least not in a one-on-one competition with another pony.  Way to represent Rarity's-singing-voice lovers!!!  B)

• Brohoof 2