Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Official Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate Thread!

Goodra

Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate  

26 users have voted

1. 1. Have you played any of the previous "Monster Hunter" games?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. What system are you getting "Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate" for?

• WiiU
    • 3DS
    • Both WiiU and 3DS
    • Neither
  3. 3. What is your favorite weapon class?

• Sword and Shield
    • Dual Blades
    • Great Sword
    • Long Sword
    • Hammer
    • Hunting Horn
    • Lance
    • Gunlance
    • Switch Axe
    • Light Bowgun
    • Heavy Bowgun
    • Bow

There was already a thread for Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate, so I merged yours into it. Please consult the search feature for similar threads before beginning new ones.

Thank you.

• Brohoof 1

I created this thread for the new Monster Hunter video game coming out, "Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate," on March 19th. Here you can talk about the game, arrange in-game meet ups in order to tackle hard quests, and give each other advice on the game. But first, tell me a little about yourself in the poll above. Also, my Nintendo Network ID is bigmacintosh.

im currently playing mh3 on the wii systym and i love it. ive been playing only asbout a month but i need one more rath talon to complete the items nessisary for camp and then i can go up against the ceadues. i love this game!

• Brohoof 1

There was already a thread for Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate, so I merged yours into it. Please consult the search feature for similar threads before beginning new ones.

Thank you.

Got it! Again, srry for doing this, I'm new to this new post thread thing. First time making a thread and already there was another one, Srry everybody.blush.png

• Brohoof 1

Looks like I'll be picking this up tomorrow on Wii U thanks to a Target deal,  i know I'm terrible at the demo but i am sure that with more practice with the full game and with friends online i can improve.

Can't wait to start hunting!

• Brohoof 1

Looks like I'll be picking this up tomorrow on Wii U thanks to a Target deal,  i know I'm terrible at the demo but i am sure that with more practice with the full game and with friends online i can improve.

Can't wait to start hunting!

Make sure you leave your Nintendo Network ID here so I can add you to the first ever "Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate" Brony clan. Mine can be found on my first post in this thread. 

I was actually planning to get it, but if there's absolutely no way to do non-local multiplayer without waiting for MH4, I might just get that one instead. I did try the demo though, and having the camera controls on the touch screen is a bit more awkward than a second analog stick but it's usable.

Alright my NNID is: supermariolinux

I'll add Big Macintosh right away,

cant wait to play with anypony else who gets the game tomorrow as well.

I just accepted your friend request, thanks for adding me ^^, make sure to add Stromz and anyone else in this thread as well. Can't wait to team up with you tomorrow!

Yippee cool.png  i finally beat Lagombi this time with the long sword. That would be the first monster i ever defeated biggrin.png. I believe it took me about 15 minutes or so. Now to try some other classes and maybe try out Plesioth. Cannot wait to play the full game tomorrow!

• Brohoof 1

Yippee cool.png  i finally beat Lagombi this time with the long sword. That would be the first monster i ever defeated biggrin.png. I believe it took me about 15 minutes or so. Now to try some other classes and maybe try out Plesioth. Cannot wait to play the full game tomorrow!

Lagombi was a pretty fun fight, I beat him with a hammer twice. I still can't beat Plesioth tho cuz the demo's hammer isn't strong enough. 

Was playing the demo today and finally beat plesioth. My group needs and first and anyone willing to play with us is fine. We're all just normal beginners mainly playing for fun. We're on the WiiU so you can just add me (my WiiU name is my forum name)

Lagombi was a pretty fun fight, I beat him with a hammer twice. I still can't beat Plesioth tho cuz the demo's hammer isn't strong enough. 

It didn't help that it's a Ludroth Hammer(water element), and Plesioth's head is kind of hard to reach on land. :huh:

Anyway, have some Capcom craziness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LSUxpDLkMM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Dunno if I like this or Tri's silly commercials better. :lol:

I'll be getting it sometime tomorrow, but 3DS only so no hope of playing with most of you :/

If any of you are in the University of Oklahoma that'd be great, but I think I'll resort to finding a group some other way.

Yup, waiting for this one to arrive :)  I'm a HUGE great sword fan.  How I wish the Wii U wasn't region locked...  I would much prefer to play this one in Japanese (plus, I'd get it earlier! :D)

• Brohoof 1

In our country, MH3U is out and is ready for people to buy it. :P I guess it is one of the earliest. I hope that my copy will come later. :P

There are limited stocks that if you reserve (not pre-order) but don't get it at the first day, they will give your reserved copy to someone else. That's why I HAD to get it today. XD Or else I'd have to wait for next shipment. Not sure when that'll be anymore.

Heh... Never did notice this topic before :3 Anyways, I have the game paid in full and waiting for me, though I don't think I can get it until tomorrow, what with having been to Disney World and coming back home today. But anyways... Grabbing the Wii U version, and am so far uncertain of which weapon group I wanna use yet

• Brohoof 1

Heh... Never did notice this topic before :3 Anyways, I have the game paid in full and waiting for me, though I don't think I can get it until tomorrow, what with having been to Disney World and coming back home today. But anyways... Grabbing the Wii U version, and am so far uncertain of which weapon group I wanna use yet

Sweet, make sure to leave your Nintendo Network ID here so that I can add you to the first ever "Monster Hunter 3:Ultimate" Brony clan! I got the game yesterday for both systems and so far, it's FREAKING AMAZING! I'm in 2 star quests in single player mode, haven't played the multiplayer yet tho. 

I have the game! Right now it is updating. Will play tomorrow though. It is midnight here. O.o

So far, it is really great. I looked at cutscenes, some gameplay, etc. and it is solid.

• Brohoof 2

I have it toooo!!!!! Can't wait to try it!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Now I need to start thinking of what to name my character :P  Also, I hope they have some good new great swords in this one :)

• Brohoof 1

I hope to be picking this up in about 2 hours or so (whenever my mother gets back from work). Pretty excited for it, hope everyone who already has it is enjoying themselves.

So, having played for almost an hour now (most of which was spent customizing a character) I clearly can make a good judgement on the game :P

Review: So far, it's just like all the other monster hunter games :)

• Brohoof 2

I've got it now, just for the 3DS, and noticed something: It says on the box that it can do multiplayer locally with a Wii U version. That's cool and all, but crazy out-there possibility, maybe you can do online multiplayer through someone else's Wii U if the chance arises? Probably not, but it would be cool.

Heh... You know how I may be unable to get the game today? Well... I might get back in time before my Gamestop closes, so I can get it! When I get home, first thing I'm doing is popping my disc in to get the update running, then get on here to give my NNID :3 Also, you remember Kid Icarus: Uprising, Big Mac? Good times, eh?

• Brohoof 1