Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When I can't sleep...

DrawMe

(edited)

I draw ponies! Who in this sub-forum doesn't? Anyway, I might post a few more pictures later, but here are the two I wanted to show:

img-1232571-1-cL5Qors.png

And the shining beauty that I'm way to excited about:

img-1232571-2-UuJY3Lq.png

Yeah. So, like, tell me how good they are. [/sarcasm]

Edit: So you guys don't HAVE to look through all the posts and spoilers, here's the rest of the stuff I've posted here:

Stylized Rarity:

img-1232571-3-eL98L3K.png

Stylized Fluttershy:

img-1232571-4-2mgW8Cy.png

Peachy Scandal, the only steampunk pony every to be created in the history of OCs. Ever:

img-1232571-5-zh7tKYZ.png

Peachy and Pudding, being idiots:

img-1232571-6-6x4hzmC.png

Death and Famine, two of the four Ponies of the Apocalypse:

img-1232571-7-Zcr8nUF.png

A manticore:

Nk87kqk.png

Some Word-based sketches:

76hVU7l.png

More PeachPuddin':

KcluDvr.png

Edited by DrawMe
  • Brohoof 16

Okay, admittedly I say this about a lot of art, because I'm so bad that everything seems exceptionally good to me, but these are great, especially the first one. I'd give you more useful criticism if I could, but I'm not really an art person.

• Brohoof 3

Not a bad thing to do when unable to sleep. Especially considering all the other alternatives....noice works.

Are you still awake, or did drawing equines put you to beddybye

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

[...] these are great, especially the first one. I'd give you more useful criticism if I could, but I'm not really an art person.

Heh, thanks! And good sir, you are quite certainly not as under leveled in the ways of the arts as you claim. Of this I am sure.

Not a bad thing to do when unable to sleep [...] Are you still awake, or did drawing equines put you to beddybye

Unfortunately, I am. Delusional and slightly deaf in one ear, but still awake. Though it appears my internet is getting tired of all my forum nonsense... 

Edited by DrawMe

Unfortunately, I am. Delusional and slightly deaf in one ear, but still awake. Though it appears my internet is getting tired of all my forum nonsense... 

That's just your body trying to tell you you need sleep, fight it,  fight hard.  It'll give up in a little bit and start tapping into your reserve energy.  Then you can draw even moar! Sleep is so overrated. 

That's just your body trying to tell you you need sleep, fight it,  fight hard.  It'll give up in a little bit and start tapping into your reserve energy.  Then you can draw even moar! Sleep is so overrated. 

Take that, stupid body! Oh wait... Maybe this isn't such a good idea...

Nah, I think I'll tackle a Rarity sketch I've had for a while now; maybe grab a snack. What time is it where you are, Sky?

Take that, stupid body! Oh wait... Maybe this isn't such a good idea...

Nah, I think I'll tackle a Rarity sketch I've had for a while now; maybe grab a snack. What time is it where you are, Sky?

It's currently  4:35 AM here.........

Been sick the last 2 days,  lots of heavy naps so everything sorta thrown out of whack.

A rarity sketch sounds rather nice.    Think I'll grab hold my own sketchbook and see what happens.....

It's currently  4:35 AM here.........

Been sick the last 2 days,  lots of heavy naps so everything sorta thrown out of whack.

A rarity sketch sounds rather nice.    Think I'll grab hold my own sketchbook and see what happens.....

Wow, I'm really sorry about that. I'm glad that you're better, though! You're also an hour ahead of me... Does that mean you're already done, time traveler? :P

Very nice. I like Little Luna.

I'm not as keen on Applejack, but that's not because anything's wrong with it. The style's just not my cup of tea.

Thanks! And thanks for giving me an honest opinion, too. Is there a non-canon style you like that I could try? I really want to exercise my pen.

It's actually already drawn, but due to the time delay, you wont be able too see it for another hour.  (Add another one because of the forums dying for a second)  

If I'm not feeling awful with the final product, I'll post it.....but yeh...that's a big "if"

It's actually already drawn, but due to the time delay, you wont be able too see it for another hour.  (Add another one because of the forums dying for a second)  

If I'm not feeling awful with the final product, I'll post it.....but yeh...that's a big "if"

Curse you and your timey-wimey ways!

You should so post it, I'm posting mine. See? Here I go. Posting it. Now. By pressing this button.... Ugh. I know how you feel now.  :unsure:

eL98L3K.png

I don't care for it much; the proportions are all wrong and I was hoping to put more clothing on her. But I've tried another new style and I've learned from it, so there's that.

• Brohoof 1

See, here in lies the difference between your drawings and my own..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0p7r4h4hbv2vbw7/IMG_3547.JPG?m

see what I mean.  I'm not really out for people to say "good job" or "you're getting better"  because I'm more than harsh on my own works (and others, just ask New Calamity).   So eventually, it'll get good....for now...just gonna keep at my own pace.  

Also also ,,  Rarity! your tail!  Croppppped

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I'm not really out for people to say "good job" or "you're getting better"  because I'm more than harsh on my own works (and others, just ask New Calamity).   So eventually, it'll get good....for now...just gonna keep at my own pace.  

See, even though you say that I'm still going to say that you're good (because you are). A lot of people say that you are your worst enemy, and that's completely true for each and every "normal" person. But that's good, in my eyes! You don't like what you're doing? Do it better, simple as that. And then you just keep pushing yourself. Bt you probably knew that. I'm so tired.

I wish I could truthfully say that I don't want compliments, but I know deep down I really do. Mostly though, I want feedback on how to improve. Anyway.

Rarity! your tail!  Croppppped

Photo Finish said short manes were in, so naturally something had to be done. (Also, I like that style on horses irl; not only is it fashionable, but it keeps the poop out too.) 

Edited by DrawMe

See, even though you say that I'm still going to say that you're good (because you are). A lot of people say that you are your worst enemy, and that's completely true for each and every "normal" person. But that's good, in my eyes! You don't like what you're doing? Do it better, simple as that. And then you just keep pushing yourself. Bt you probably knew that. I'm so tired.

I wish I could truthfully say that I don't want compliments, but I know deep down I really do. Mostly though, I want feedback on how to improve. Anyway.

Photo Finish said short manes were in, so naturally something had to be done. (Also, I like that style on horses irl; not only is it fashionable, but it keeps the poop out too.) 

She would keep in the height of fashion......   As per your artsyness,  you already recognize what you do,  so there isn't much to really say. Someone who can spot faults in their own work  is already head of shoulder higher than the standard fold.   My comments are only useful to those who can't do that.    That being said,  I rather like your rarity,  tail crop and all, 

[..] That being said,  I rather like your rarity,  tail crop and all, 

Heh, why sank-a-yous. Wait until she hears that next season, EXTRA long manes are in?

I'm not really sure what to talk about now. Is that okay, to be chatting it up in an art-post thread? Anywho, who was that pony you posted? They look so familiar....

Another shot at that style, now with short-mane Fluttershy.

2mgW8Cy.png

Man, I feel like I've forked out more pony art in one night than I have in a whole month! Should I add these to the first post so that other people don't have to sift through so many posts?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

All of those drawings are wonderful, beautiful works of art. I especially like the Applejack one. You are a really good artist, DrawMe! :)

Thank you very much! I hope to get better than I am now and that people will want my art hanging in museums! Kidding, of course.  :P

I actually created this account specifically to give you that drawing for your fanfic! (I had to check that was actually you, I'm no good with usernames. Man, I'm so tired I don't know when to stop talking... Oh well. XP)

Edited by DrawMe
  • Brohoof 1

I haven't been able to draw anything good within the last few years, ever since I started using photoshop and simply editing them. I find your drawings rather inspiring, I suddenly feel the need to start drawing more often. Thank you c:

• Brohoof 1

I haven't been able to draw anything good within the last few years, ever since I started using photoshop and simply editing them. I find your drawings rather inspiring, I suddenly feel the need to start drawing more often. Thank you c:

Oh man, really? I'm... I'm not sure how to respond to that other than I'm really elated to hear that!

And you know what? You should draw all the time! At least once a day, if not more. And post your art here if you want, I'd love to see it!

• Brohoof 1

Thank you very much! I hope to get better than I am now and that people will want my art hanging in museums! Kidding, of course.  :P

I actually created this account specifically to give you that drawing for your fanfic! (I had to check that was actually you, I'm no good with usernames. Man, I'm so tired I don't know when to stop talking... Oh well. XP)

Really? Thank you! I'm so honored! Your art really is amazing, and I can't wait to see more of it! ;) Maybe it actually will be hanging in museums one day.  :P

• Brohoof 1

I make pixel art (about ponies), but I find this way better then what I do. Really good work I like the first one better, but they are both really good.

Thank you very much! (I'm assuming you were just talking about the drawings in the first post) Consensus seems to be that the more normal-looking piece is better.

And your avatar is really cute!

• Brohoof 1

Thank you very much! (I'm assuming you were just talking about the drawings in the first post) Consensus seems to be that the more normal-looking piece is better.

And your avatar is really cute!

You did sleep didn't you?

Or did you stay up all night drawing ponies? (I personally fell asleep on mah sketch pad) 

I spy more cropped ponies,   they are quite cute,  and it's sorta neat to see your colour with pale flats. It's sorta like a Whinnie the Pooh book.

• Brohoof 1

Wow, these are really good! I draw too, and need to post some of my drawings sometime soon, I might go do that pretty soon, I'd like to see some more!

• Brohoof 1

Wow, these are really good! I draw too, and need to post some of my drawings sometime soon, I might go do that pretty soon, I'd like to see some more!

Thanks~ I'm not sure what to draw next, more Crop-Shopped ponies or maybe go back to the original style and do some stuff with that? Who knows.  And you should totally post some, I'd love to see!  :lol:  

You did sleep didn't you?

Or did you stay up all night drawing ponies? (I personally fell asleep on mah sketch pad) 

I spy more cropped ponies,   they are quite cute,  and it's sorta neat to see your colour with pale flats. It's sorta like a Whinnie the Pooh book.

SHH, don't let them know that we actually slept! (I accidentally sat on the couch for too long.) 

Heh, I thought the desaturation worked well with the style. I'm not as happy with Flutter's mane and tail, and her eye makes her look emo, but her wings and her pose makes me happy.

So... Did you drool?  :P