Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Your favourite Videogame Box Covers

FinalGamer

So I was talking to a friend about videogame box covers and how awesome some of them are. I wanna ask you all this now.

What are your favourite videogame box covers, for whatever reason? Whether you find them beautiful, absurd, or just plain awesome?

One of my absolute favourites is the box cover for Harvest Moon on the Gameboy Colour.

Posted Image

This is a very strange cover apart from the others in the series which are normally all very chibi-like. The farmer's returning home after a hard night's work, on a most beautiful moonlit night, the harvest moon itself shining in the sky. His dog is happy to have him come back to the house and relax within his abode.

This is...just...a beautiful and somewhat romantic scene for me.

Edited by Artemis
added prefix
  • Brohoof 1

Nuff' said.

Oh you just reminded me of the first game.

Posted Image

Whatever you wanna say about Kingdom Hearts, the covers are gorgeous on these games, especially the first one for me for its lighting and background.

• Brohoof 1

Interesting...

Have I ever told you how I despise American Box Art...

post-461-0-73202200-1327972344_thumb.jpg

post-461-0-50841200-1327972345_thumb.jpg

The North American release looks SO stupid! I hate the how in American Box Art where they feel they have to include as much as possible on the front cover so they make people's torsos and heads float in the background like they're ghosts!

The European Box art looks SO much better. Not a single character just the symbol of the game! Awesome...

But the last one is the Japanese box art! WINNER! That shit looks awesome!

Though that's not my favorite box art though, that's just my best example of how much better Box Art looks in other countries!

post-461-0-30759300-1327973089_thumb.jpg

post-461-0-75164100-1327973078_thumb.jpg

There's also this example...

I really don't mind how simple Mother 2's box art looked! It was just MOTHER 2 on a red box! While the American Earthbound release had to add a big Starman on the front which I never really liked for the final cover. I do like though that if you look at the Starman's visor you can see a reflection of Ness... at least they did something cool!

• Brohoof 2

Interesting...

I really don't mind how simple Mother 2's box art looked! It was just MOTHER 2 on a red box! While the American Earthbound release had to add a big Starman on the front which I never really liked for the final cover. I do like though that if you look at the Starman's visor you can see a reflection of Ness... at least they did something cool!

Yeaaaaah covers in different countries do tend to be quite absurd, and Americans get a lot of WEIRD decisions to make their covers worse. I had no idea Heavy Rain had that cover art, I thought they had the same as Europe's.

Also what is the deal with making American Kirby hardcore? It's KIRBY.

On another note:

Absolute sucker for this AWESOME game. Lot of people love or hate this, but damn did this game have some amazing art, from an official fantasy/sci-fi artist too! Boris Vallejo.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

Interesting...

post-461-0-73202200-1327972344_thumb.jpg

post-461-0-50841200-1327972345_thumb.jpg

The North American release looks SO stupid! I hate the how in American Box Art where they feel they have to include as much as possible on the front cover so they make people's torsos and heads float in the background like they're ghosts!

The European Box art looks SO much better. Not a single character just the symbol of the game! Awesome...

But the last one is the Japanese box art! WINNER! That shit looks awesome!

Though that's not my favorite box art though, that's just my best example of how much better Box Art looks in other countries!

post-461-0-30759300-1327973089_thumb.jpg

post-461-0-75164100-1327973078_thumb.jpg

There's also this example...

Whoa...That Japanese box art is one awesome case. Time to go check eBay for just the case.