Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Humanized Ponies?

Adente

Hey guys, I would like some opinions on this, since I feel like I'm in the minority about my stance on humanized ponies. In a blurb, I don't like them. At all. Honestly, there's something that I think is fundamentally wrong with humanizing the ponies. They belong in Equestria as, well, ponies. I kind of view the characters as, for lack of a better word, sacred, but not in a religious sense. More in the sense that I think that turning them into humans ruins the innocence and simplicity of it. I like the show for many reasons, but one of those reasons is not how Twilight or Applejack would look as human girls. It ruins the mystique for me, to the point where if I see fanart of ponies humanized, I avert my eyes and keep scrolling. The other reason I don't like the idea of humanized ponies is because I feel its just that much closer to clopping images/r34. I mean, some of these humanized pony pics are pretty much hentai. Is this just me being intolerant and ignorant, or is this a prevalent opinion in the Brony community?  All opinions welcome. Thanks! 

• Brohoof 1

It's just your opinion, and I think it's a valid one. You're not being intolerant or ignorant unless you start getting pissed at people for liking humanized ponies.

I wonder; you say the main reason you don't like humanized ponies is because ponies are meant to be ponies, but does it work the opposite way? Do you dislike ponified humans either?

Personally, I like humanized ponies more than I like ponified humans. Most ponified humans are just pallet swaps with different hair (which, admittedly, is what pretty much all ponies are, because of the art style), but because they're not from MLP, they don't have the personality or anything from the show to back them up. There are exceptions, of course.

I like humanized ponies simply because I like to see how people interpret the ponies into humans. Also, I do like R34, but ponies aren't exactly arousing, so humanized is the only way to go :P

It's just your opinion, and I think it's a valid one. You're not being intolerant or ignorant unless you start getting pissed at people for liking humanized ponies.

I wonder; you say the main reason you don't like humanized ponies is because ponies are meant to be ponies, but does it work the opposite way? Do you dislike ponified humans either?

Personally, I like humanized ponies more than I like ponified humans. Most ponified humans are just pallet swaps with different hair (which, admittedly, is what pretty much all ponies are, because of the art style), but because they're not from MLP, they don't have the personality or anything from the show to back them up. There are exceptions, of course.

I like humanized ponies simply because I like to see how people interpret the ponies into humans. Also, I do like R34, but ponies aren't exactly arousing, so humanized is the only way to go tongue.png

I get what you're saying. I guess I wasn't very clear in my OP about why the idea of humanized ponies bothers me so much. It almost 'taints' the show. I can't watch the show without seeing the humanized ponies in place of the actual ponies. And the worst part is, some of those humanized ponies are very well drawn, and are really good looking, so yeah, on a base level, I do like them. And that's what I view as wrong, because those pictures are of the completely innocuous and innocent characters from a show that never had any intentions of being sexual. I suppose that's my whole issue with all R34, including humanization, is the tarnishing of the stainless, perfect innocence of the show.  The idea of being attracted to anything derived from the show is a very negative one to me. Do you get what I mean?

• Brohoof 1

I get what you're saying. I guess I wasn't very clear in my OP about why the idea of humanized ponies bothers me so much. It almost 'taints' the show. I can't watch the show without seeing the humanized ponies in place of the actual ponies. And the worst part is, some of those humanized ponies are very well drawn, and are really good looking, so yeah, on a base level, I do like them. And that's what I view as wrong, because those pictures are of the completely innocuous and innocent characters from a show that never had any intentions of being sexual. I suppose that's my whole issue with all R34, including humanization, is the tarnishing of the stainless, perfect innocence of the show.  The idea of being attracted to anything derived from the show is a very negative one to me. Do you get what I mean?

Perfectly understandable. There is a lot of sexualized humanized MLP, so it would be kinda hard to avoid.

Although, if your problem with humanization is that they also get sexualized, how do you feel about equally innocent humanized ponies?

As for it tarnishing the innocence of the show, I don;t see it that way. Fan art, including R34, is separate from the show. Yeah, it's derived from it, but it's not like they'd ever sexualize the show like it is on the internet. I guess in my head, at least, the line between canon and non-canon is a lot wider clearer than in yours :P

• Brohoof 1

I'm fine with ponies and humanized ponies, what I don't like is the anthro/mixed ponies. They are just a little too much like furries for me. Don't get me wrong, I have no beef with the furry community, it's just I'm not a fan of that style.

Edited by TheSteampunkNinja (TSN)

I don't really mind the humanized ponies. For people who are aroused by those or ponie? I don't get it... I've stumbled upon clop pictures before and I can safely say nothing had arisen (and no I don't have blood flow issues :P).

I think ponies like Scootaloo will always look cutest as they were intended to look.

I'm not a huge fan of them either, mainly because something just feels sort of off about it to me and it always has. A lot of it might just be that a lot of the artwork doesn't look anything like how I would picture them :P. I've found some good fanart and fanfiction involving humanized ponies, so I guess there are always a few gems :). Better than anthro though, that just looks completely unnatural to me :(.  I pretty much agree with you , I feel like they are meant to be ponies.

I like humanized ponies simply because I like to see how people interpret the ponies into humans. Also, I do like R34, but ponies aren't exactly arousing, so humanized is the only way to go tongue.png

@, Yep I agree ponies are meant to be ponies. I mean who in their right state of mind would want to make this look like a human?

img-1267111-1-pJMkjSe.jpg

[credit]

No one [in their right mine would] or so I hope.

Evilshy, I get what you're saying, but the idea of innocent humanized ponies isn't a good one either. In my OP, I said one thing I fundamentally like about the show is that the characters are ponies, not human girls. I don't know, I guess humanized art makes it harder to see them as just ponies, since it turns them human in our minds for us, even if we don't want to. huh.png  And Scoots, you hit the nail on the head my friend! laugh.png

I like humanized ponies a lot, especially Celestia. I don't understand your points, I can't really relate to the feeling you are describing.

@, Yep I agree ponies are meant to be ponies. I mean who in their right state of mind would want to make this look like a human?

img-1267111-1-pJMkjSe.jpg

[credit]

No one [in their right mine would] or so I hope.

I like humanized ponies but I don't count because I have several mental illnesses and am thus not "In the right mind"

I've never been a fan of humanized ponies, that's why I wish that new Equestria Girls spinoff didn't feature them as humanized characters. I much prefer them as ponies, that's that way they were meant to be.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...
(edited)

i recently found out that people don't really like humanized ponies, i personally like them a little img-1478742-1-sleep.png

when its not R34 of coarse, but this isnt about me its about your input so id like to know if you like them or not, and why?img-1478742-2-wink.png

Edited by Pelate077

If certain upcoming movies are anything to go by, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say, 'Everyone LOVES human ponies :D'

:3

I'm okay with them usually, but prefer regular.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

It depends. I don't really like the humanized ponies which are drawn with anime or manga style. I mean whatever that sharp chin and pointy eyes style is called. Like this (BEWARE!):

Humanized-ponies-17-humanized-my-little-

I don't like the half-humanized (like Equestria Girl) or anthro ponies either.

I've seen some humanized ponies picture with... I don't know what those styles are called, and they're adorable. One of them is a picture of humanized Fluttershy (sitting politely) and Appejack sitting around a round table (looking at Pinkie), and Pinkie Pie (grinning as usual) holding a bowl of dough. I lost the picture, but it was very adorable. Let me search it for a while... ah, here it is:

img-1478769-2-tumblr_ly875pczsJ1r2mm87o1

I like this kind of humanized versions of ponies. I wish they were real. :3

Edited by Sky Warden
  • Brohoof 1

I do like the Humanized ponies to be honest, not as much as the normal ponies (Pfft of course nothing will be cuter then the poines) but I still find the design and style "Fitting" for the Mane 6, I mean if they wouldn't have made them with different skin color and just made them Human color Im sure almost everyone would have been Ok with the designs.

(edited)

I don't particularly care too much for them over their pony counterparts. It really depends on the artist's style.

Also, a list of people who do not like humanised ponies:

EqG haters

Calm down, I know it's different because it's "canon."

And because they're not fully human.

And because they're just flat-out ugly.

Edited by Homura

The inly problem i have with humanized ponies ( in the Equastria girls movie mainly), is that there skin colour stays the same as theyre pony fur colour. They should be normal skin colour, it just looks really weird ..

@, The topic you have brought up is already being discussed in an existing thread, so I have merged your into that one. It's usually a good idea to use the search function to check if a topic has been discussed elsewhere.

While I don't really like the Equestria Girls designs all that much I have seen several humanized pony designs that are quite good so yes if done right I do in fact like them. I especially like a lot of the Applejack ones, she looks so sexy in those cowgirl outfits.

• Brohoof 1

What!! Humanized ponies are the shit man!! Vinyl scratch looks awesome humanized...usually. If they're drawn right humanized ponies look awesome and in some cases...hot

• Brohoof 1