Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does Rainbow Dash deserve her own spin off show

TheMarkz0ne

I think the background ponies deserve their own spin-off show/comic, something like that. It'd be nice to see Derpy x Doctor Whooves :) 

As for RD, I think she's too much of a show-off, no offence. She'd steal the camera time if it was completely centered on her. I think it'd depend on which characters they'd involve, like the Wonderbolts, but it still wouldn't be like the original; maybe a comic would be ok, but  if it followed RD the whole time, without some conflict, it'd be boring. 

What? Alicorn Dash? No way. Rainbow Dash is amazing the way she is, she doesn't need alicorn traits to look cool. And besides, Twilight was a one-off; she was the one of the Mane Six that was always destined to be a princess. Rainbow Dash's destiny is to be a Wonderbolts. :) <3

Rainbow Dash could always have a show like Adult Swim's space ghost from coast to coast.

As for FiM itself, we need Alicorn Dash.  Why should Twilight have all the fun?

Eh I dunno I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work on, not everyone totally adores Rainbow, while I'd probably watch it because its MLP it would give Rainbow a sense of importance over the others. Which probably isn't a good thing to purposely try to do.

Plus idk it would be strange, it would be like MLP but not MLP, it would just be odd I guess :P.

• 1 month later...

I'm sick of hearing "why just her?" The answer is simple. Her spinoff would be the most exciting! She is a lot like sonic, just give her a bad guy and her own show and it could be awsome (or fail horribly).Just saying, her own show would probably be the most likely to succeed, it would be like normal mlp, but 20% more action... and rainbows.

• Brohoof 1

RD is a big fish in a little pond, in a lot of ways-she stands out from a lot of the others because she's cocky and headstrong, and it works in relation to the other characters.

Put her on her own tho, I think the whole act would get stale pretty fast. Like a lot of shows, this one is more than the sum of it's parts.

People may love RD, but she doesn't deserve her own show. Pinkie pie is also pretty big with hasbro and let's face it fluttershy is catching up pretty fast. RD is just the same as all the other ponies, but I personally think Apple Jack would be a better choice for a spinoff since her family is so big.

That would probably be a bad idea. Rainbow Dash is a nice character and all (not my favorite though), but by herself she comes off as rather brash and annoying. All of the characters alone wouldn't really make for a good show. Twi or AJ alone would be boring, and the other characters would be really annoying alone because their characteristics are very exaggerated. The point of the show is that all of the characters compliment eachother nicely, making for an overall good show. An RD spinoff would probably be bad.

Please no. This would make it look like Rainbow Dash is treated better by the company and doesn't care as much about the others. Which isn't true, of course. As cool as Rainbow Dash, she doesn't deserve that kind of spotlight.

I liked the Family Guy and The Cleveland Show analogy.

In other words, I feel that a Rainbow Dash spin-off show would not work.

No, no, and no. I don't hate Rainbow Dash, and she is in my top 3 favorite mane 6 characters, but her getting her own spinoff? She doesn't really have a whole lot of characterization, aside from her arrogance, athleticism, relative laziness, and traits that I guess many viewers could relate to. Otherwise, I don't really see a spin-off being too successful. All I see it as is half-assed fanservice.

For me the answer is no. What would about? Most likely her in the Wonderbolts. Yes, that expand on them. Though, it would be boring and cliche. RD's character might be wose than what is on the show (at least during season 2 and some moments in season 1). Really that would just make me really really and I mean really hate her a lot!

I don't particularly like Rainbow Dash, but I don't think this would work for other reasons. Rainbow needs other ponies to work with. By herself it wouldn't be much. "Oh she's doing a flying thing again!"

• Brohoof 1

No, the ponies are better as a unit.  It's the combination of the characters that make it desirable for a lot of people.  Also Rainbow Dash probably couldn't hold up a show on her own.

Please no. This would make it look like Rainbow Dash is treated better by the company and doesn't care as much about the others. Which isn't true, of course. As cool as Rainbow Dash, she doesn't deserve that kind of spotlight.

and twilight does? We can all try and say its about all of them, but its clear twilight gets WAY too much attention. The majority of the episodes are about her, and she always ends up saving everyone. If you ask me I think not only dash, but all the 6 deserve more attention. The show might as we'll be called my little twilight and friends.

and twilight does? We can all try and say its about all of them, but its clear twilight gets WAY too much attention. The majority of the episodes are about her, and she always ends up saving everyone. If you ask me I think not only dash, but all the 6 deserve more attention. The show might as we'll be called my little twilight and friends.

Well, did Twilight get her own show? No. Having a whole show than yourself is on a different level than being the main character. Sure, she has had a bigger focus on her, but the writers were just giving her a story. And it looks like Twilight's story is almost done. She has become a princess and graduated from her stories. This now leaves room for another character to complete their story. This means the show could put a focus on Rainbow Dash in the next season, making it completely unnecessary for her to have her own show. Also, even though Twilight had alot of focus on her character, they still had a lot of episodes starring the other characters. So no, most of the episodes are not all about her. Some of the episodes she isn't even them. Also, take season 3 for example. How many episodes actually starred her?. There was only Magic Duel and Magical Mystery Cure. Two episodes out of the whole season starred Twilight! Only two. That isn't the majority at all. She hasn't had many episodes throughout the whole show that have mainly starred her too. Most of the episodes with her gave equal attention to other characters as well. Meaning if they did decide to put a focus on Rainbow Dash, they would still give episodes to the other characters to be fair to everyone.

RD is my fav character in that show. lol In the random universe where it could happen, I'd even write a spin-off myself, but I do think it is a bad idea. The strongest point of MLP, IMO, is hte collective of the Mane 6 and the great complementarity. When you take that away in a spin-off, it just wouldn't function very well. You'd lose a lot of the dynamic. 

I'd wholeheartedly support a set of side story comics though, perhaps focusing on each of the M6 in an arc. That could be interesting. 

Well, did Twilight get her own show? No. Having a whole show than yourself is on a different level than being the main character. Sure, she has had a bigger focus on her, but the writers were just giving her a story. And it looks like Twilight's story is almost done. She has become a princess and graduated from her stories. This now leaves room for another character to complete their story. This means the show could put a focus on Rainbow Dash in the next season, making it completely unnecessary for her to have her own show. Also, even though Twilight had alot of focus on her character, they still had a lot of episodes starring the other characters. So no, most of the episodes are not all about her. Some of the episodes she isn't even them. Also, take season 3 for example. How many episodes actually starred her?. There was only Magic Duel and Magical Mystery Cure. Two episodes out of the whole season starred Twilight! Only two. That isn't the majority at all. She hasn't had many episodes throughout the whole show that have mainly starred her too. Most of the episodes with her gave equal attention to other characters as well. Meaning if they did decide to put a focus on Rainbow Dash, they would still give episodes to the other characters to be fair to everyone.

actually, now that twilight is an alicorn, they willmake even more episodes about her as a princess. They just gave her a new set of problems, and more sceentime. I bet there will be some about the others, but it seems to me there just giving her more problems so she can stay interesting to viewers. Its going to be like that overused disney princess cliche.