Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does Rainbow Dash deserve her own spin off show

TheMarkz0ne

Does RD deserve her won show. I think it is fair after all. She is for a lack of a better term a strong selling point for the show. Rainbow Dash merchandise dominates the pony merch aisles of any hot topic or toys r us, or at least where i live. I think it would be great. RD is basically Hasbro's Sonic The Hedgehog. Maybe make Chrysalis her arch enemy. Or better yet make a new villain just for rainbow dash. So what do you guys think

I don't think so. Rainbow Dash is aright, but I don't think she could hold a show on her own and it would get kinda boring seeing just Rainbow Dash all the time. That and most people may like another character in the show.  

• Brohoof 3

Lemme guess, you'd call it "The Rainbow Dash Show" right?cool.png

To be honest i'v had this on my mind too, and if any of the mane 6 were to have their own show, it would be her, and it would have a lot of high speed action, although some people would probably complain.

Rainbow Dash could always have a show like Adult Swim's space ghost from coast to coast.

As for FiM itself, we need Alicorn Dash.  Why should Twilight have all the fun?

• Brohoof 1

I don't see why only Rainbow should get a spin off show. Why don't we have one for all of the ponies?

Equestria_Girls_February_14_2013_charact

OH GOD NO! I'VE CHANGED MY MIND! TAKE IT AWAAAAAAY!!!

• Brohoof 7

I don't think it would work, fankly.

Don't get me wrong, I love Rainbow Dash (2nd Best Pony). She's awesome, has an intresting and layered personality, and can certainly hold an episode on her shoulders.

But if it's just her doing her thing the whole time, it'd get redundant. Without the other characters there to break up the monotony and provide differing personalities for her bounce off of, Rainbow Dash would get boring.

Rarity_%22we_can%27t_let_that_happen%22_

And we can't let that happen.

• Brohoof 1

I say no. While I'm a bit biased with my answer due to my fairly strong dislike for Rainbow Dash, it simply..wouldn't work. A spinoff is simply another show- the issue is filling all that time. And what would they do with the spinoff that they can't do in the original- only better?

I don't see a need for it, maybe if it was some sort of prequel to the show, but there are other ponies I'd be much more interested to hear about as far as their life before the time period the show takes place it.

Me, at the title of this topic: :lol:

Oh wait, you're serious? :P

Anyways, although it would work if FiM never existed, I don't think it would work as of now. The show is about all of them equally, if not focusing more on Twilight. If Rainbow Dash got her own show, all the other ponies would need one too, just to make it fair, and then you might as well combine them all into one show about all of them! Anyways, that's just my opinion. :P

• Brohoof 1

Nopony is really deserving of their own spin-off. It would never be the same. The show is as magical as it is because all six of them are together. I'm perfectly fine with everything as it is.

• Brohoof 3

I'd watch it if she got one, but I don't think it'd be terribly successful outside Dash fans; who, as an amount of bronies inside the fanbase is quite large, but not enough to keep an entire spin-off going for quite a while.

I don't really know about that. I'd say if she does get her own spin off show, it would either be called My Little Dashie or the Rainbow Dash Show. But, even though our fanbase is large it wouldn't be able to keep a spinoff alive.

Haha, no. She's no better than any of the Mane 6, but no worse either. I don't think she needs her own show That's gonna lead to each Mane 6 character having their own show, in my opinion. "If RD has her own show, why can't Fluttershy?"

Edited by Link
  • Brohoof 3

Only if each season is a different alternate universe showing how her life would play out if shipped with a different character tongue.png

Season 1 with Fluttershy of course. But she honestly ships adorably with every one of the mane 6, not to mention Spitfire, Soarin, Derpy, Scootaloo... heck, you could even do an episode with Tom and it would be entertaining.

But as a general action/adventure type show, I'd say no. She's better off staying with her friends. It would be depressing if she left them to join the Wonderbolts and have adventures that way, and it would just be confusing if it was a totally alternate universe where the others don't exist.

If Rainbow Dash deserves one, then everypony deserves one. She's no better than the rest of her friends. Yes, she can fly fast and all, but that's not a good reason to get her own show. 

• Brohoof 4

If Rainbow Dash deserves one, then everypony deserves one. She's no better than the rest of her friends. Yes, she can fly fast and all, but that's not a good reason to get her own show.

As much as I would love to see a Rainbow Dash spinoff, I have to agree with this. She doesn't deserve it any more than the rest of the mane 6.

• Brohoof 4

Oh god no. there should not be any spin off shows, most spin off shows are not great. And what would it be about anyway,She does not deserve it anymore that the rest of the mane6

It's a fun thought to poke at. It may or may not work out. I'm reminded of the Family Guy spin off: The Cleveland Show. If they were to do a spin off for Rainbow Dash just imagine what the fans of other mane 6 ponies would feel. The fandom would be separated and chaos would follow. Just my opinion though.

It's not something that really appeals to me. even if it was a show based around my favourite character. They would have to come up with a new cast of regulars for her to interact with or it would be boring. And then what would the point be since she has amazing characters to go with already.

First thing that popped into my head on this was from the TV show Friends with the Joey spinoff -.-

Truthfully, I'd rather see a spin-off show featuring Rarity and Applejack before I'd want a Rainbow Dash show. RD's personality lends itself to cause her to steal the spotlight already. A show of her own would just cause her metaphorical ego to reach critical mass.

• Brohoof 1

As for FiM itself, we need Alicorn Dash.  Why should Twilight have all the fun?

po795_zpsdedea841.jpg

This pony's swag is already maxed out. Slapping a horn on her would only mar perfection.

Now then. While something completely about Rainbow Dash would be awesome for one episode or a TV movie of some kind, it would be a challenge to come up with new ideas for her every week. The Dash's ALPHA-ness can't stand alone forever; it needs other ponies to truly shine. wink.png Plus it could divide the fandom between the big RD fans and others who think she's already getting too much attention. So I'd have to say no to this idea.

• Brohoof 1

There's not really enough about Rainbow Dash to really warrant her own show. Sure, a spin off about her and her squadmates in Wonderbolts Academy, but they were just kinda background characters. Plus they'd have to give the rest of the mane 6 their own shows just to be fair and....yeah, it's too much work, and I'm fine with just RD episodes

I'd still watch the hell of that show though

Now a video game on the other hand

Edited by Megas75