Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I like trains too, trains are awesome, trains are just so, train like. I mean, how could one deny the train-ness of locomotives? Trains are just too epic to deny!

• Brohoof 7

Since ASDF was already taken, I had to go with a Big Bang reference. Can't beat Sheldon Cooper.

Shame they're becoming less and less used, really.

Edited by Flareon
  • Brohoof 2

i love train to!

AWESOME_TRAIN_by_gr33n_sl33ves.jpg

This one looks so cool! like it has a massive jet engine on the back of it, defiantly the most wacky design for a train ive seen at least :P

• Brohoof 2

i love train to!

AWESOME_TRAIN_by_gr33n_sl33ves.jpg

This one looks so cool! like it has a massive jet engine on the back of it, defiantly the most wacky design for a train ive seen at least tongue.png

its a snow plow, looks to be a self propelled version (steam), ive seen that one up close, it is weird looking, but it preforms its job perfectly.

• Brohoof 4

I love trains. Trains were my childhood biggrin.png

I love the old Steam Engines myself, I just love how they look.

Now, let's see...ASDF is taken, Sheldon is taken..I'll step in with Pinkie Pie.

• Brohoof 1

I think they're pretty cool. It's interesting to watch a train go by, whether it's a freight train or a passenger train. I think train travel is pretty underrated. Although I've never seen an active steam train. Only diesel trains.

@, Wow that's amazing, i watched that video 3 times and in the comments it said that sometimes it has to go through 14ft snow drifts!!!!!

Trains are awesome!

I like trains. Ive been on every type of train except a steam train and freight train. I love hearing the sounds of the freight train and the bells on the front of it as they ring along as you listin to them at night. Personally I wish i could hijack the trains in red dead.

When i was young I use to be really into trains, I'm not as much anymore, but they are still cool.

Plus while riding them its so relaxing to listen to the trains driving over the tracks, that constant rhythm is one of the best things to put me to sleep :).

Electronic trains don't look as good typically, although that MLP one might come close :P.

I LOVED trains as a child. I still find them fascinating and nostalgic. It amazes me that they use to be the primary transportation for so many people 

Hahaha I love all you people.... This thread basically combines the two best things in the world... MLP and trains. Never would have thought :P

we still use trains as the main transport, beacuse ive never seen a normal transport truck carry hundreds of tons of freight across the entire country. trains will always be used for passenger and freight service.

I was like AviatorRaven and loved trains as a kid; even had a model railway set. Nowadays I mostly confine myself to doing a little bit of trainspotting, mostly on a freight route paralleling a road I travel on fairly often. Still think they're cool and would take a train if practical (but I don't travel long distances often and live in the US, so...)

I was like AviatorRaven and loved trains as a kid; even had a model railway set. Nowadays I mostly confine myself to doing a little bit of trainspotting, mostly on a freight route paralleling a road I travel on fairly often. Still think they're cool and would take a train if practical (but I don't travel long distances often and live in the US, so...)

living in the US shouldnt be a problem, we have AMTRAK, its a very decent way to travel biggrin.png

also, if you really want something cool theres a bunch of songs i listen too, by a man named james coffey, and some of his songs are featured on the kids videos (that i watch) called "i love toy trains."

one of my particular favorites, legends of the rails, my favoite line, "a black sillouette against the moonlight, a whistle echoing into the night."

then theres another that i love called "streamliners." another one of his famous songs

"people stared in awe and wonder, they were fast and sleek and full of thunder, they followed the path of smoke and fire, they were called, streamliners."

Edited by Queen Nightmare

I live in Oklahoma, and the only passenger rail service we have is Amtrak from OKC to Dallas, which I have taken before and loved it. It's such a relaxing, efficient way to travel. And you see so much more in terms of scenery, rather than just highways and billboards. I've also ridden the commuter trains around Dallas, Metra and the CTA overhead trains in Chicago, and rode a commuter train on the northeast corridor once. (wasn't one of the high speed electric amtraks, it was Maryland something-or-other commuter, I was young. 

I still have a shitton of HO scale stuff in my closet. I'll have to sort through it sometime. I use to always take the apart as a kid, and take the electric motors out and wire them back in and such. try to mod them to be faster

I really enjoy trains too! I've ridden a couple of trains and it's actually quite nice.

I'm surprised that nopony has posted a picture of this famous train yet:

img-1294425-1-hogwarts-express-train-1.j

ehh, the hogwarts express is okay, its just basically a repainted flying scotsman.

O%20Gauge%20BL%20A3%204-6-2%20Flying%20Sits a beautiful locomotive, but i prefer more american steam,, they just have power behind them.

biggest and best steam locomotive in the world, the Up 4006 big boy, a 4-8-8-4 steam locomotive, capible of pulling fully loaded trains 1 mile long without help.

78990875_e11c7968b7_o.jpg

@blue

actually i think the ICE is faster, they got it up to 300-400 KPH, but i dont think either of them compairs to the japanese bullet train XD

Edited by Queen Nightmare
  • Brohoof 2