Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How are you going to watch Season 4?

~Scootaloo

196 users have voted

1. 1. Are you going to watch each episode as it is released?

• Yes - I like to be on the bleeding edge (the latest episode)
    • No - I prefer to let a few episodes come out then watch them all at once
  2. 2. How do you plan on watching it?

• YouTube / Internet / iTunes / etc.
    • TV
    • Other?
    • Equestria.tv
  3. 3. How do you plan on obtaining the episodes?

• Cable
    • iTunes (or another legal source)
    • Arg! (if you don't get this option then disregard it)
  4. 4. What do you do to prepare to watch MLP?

• TIME TO GET BLUTTERED!!! (get drunk in some way shape or form)
    • Get a cold drink and watch it!
    • Other?

This is mainly a poll for those who are hyped about Season 4 coming out.

I plan on buying and watching them as released on iTunes. I hope they are released the same day on iTunes as they are everywhere else... or else I may have to find another means.

Youtube as well sorry itunes you need to get your act together and then maybe ill give you my business. If you were refering to what manner I am going to watch season 4, I would say with a cold drink in my hand and watch the episode about 3 times after it releases.

• Brohoof 1

Youtube tongue.png It's free, and always available at least the day after it's released tongue.png

I'm a cheapskate, I know, but I don't care ;D

Youtube is best tube.

Youtube as well sorry itunes you need to get your act together and then maybe ill give you my business. If you were refering to what manner I am going to watch season 4, I would say with a cold drink in my hand and watch the episode about 3 times after it releases.

Well if iTunes is going to release them weeks later than I will probably go with the "Arg!" option.

I dis-advise YouTube for two good reasons...

1) People sometimes enable ads and they profit off of something they shouldn't be making profit off of.

2) Generally YouTube is going to be lower quality.

Hello!

Really interesting question. Well of course i'm going to watch like i always did. I don't always watch the episodes immedietly, sometimes i just have other things to do and a few weeks worth of episodes pile up on me. I do watch them on youtube. And for the last poll question, i choose "Arg!".

Well if iTunes is going to release them weeks later than I will probably go with the "Arg!" option.

1) People sometimes enable ads and they profit off of something they shouldn't be making profit off of.

Well, I have ad-block Plus, so ads don't show up for me anyways.

Secondly, 1080p is good enough resolution for me :P I don't know if itunes has anything better...

• Brohoof 2

Poll updated!

Also I am not trying to promote "arg!"....

Well, I have ad-block Plus, so ads don't show up for me anyways.

Secondly, 1080p is good enough resolution for me tongue.png I don't know if itunes has anything better...

Well ya you can set it to 1080p however the video is still compressed to an extent... I mean it looks good however it looks better to me when I view a rip... well it doesn't really matter in the end as long as you enjoy it I guess.

I would say yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me but this is a show that actually deserves all my money. As for how im preparing, im going to get "bluttered" as well as surround myself with MLP plushies. I prefer to let the season get halfway though until i start watching it.

I subscribe to a channel with 1080p uploads 1 hour after release. I assume they are recording it through their cable provider and then riping it off the hard drive or something along those lines. As for the ads... Idk really if they make any money at all. From what I understand you have to have like 10,000 views to make anything worth noting.

• Brohoof 1

I subscribe to a channel with 1080p uploads 1 hour after release. I assume they are recording it through their cable provider and then riping it off the hard drive or something along those lines. As for the ads... Idk really if they make any money at all. From what I understand you have to have like 10,000 views to make anything worth noting.

Well the quality thing... I don't want to talk too much because my knowledge is limited in that category. 

For the ads. thing: its more of a matter of principal if you ask me - its the fact that they are doing not so much the amount.

Well the quality thing... I don't want to talk too much because my knowledge is limited in that category. 

For the ads. thing: its more of a matter of principal if you ask me - its the fact that they are doing not so much the amount.

I'm sure its not ture 1080p but its close enough as far as I'm concerned lol but I wear glasses so what do I know right......sad.png

now I'm sad

I'm sure its not ture 1080p but its close enough as far as I'm concerned lol but I wear glasses so what do I know right......img-1277600-1-sad.png

now I'm sad

If you really want to get full quality... go to wherever the heck MLP is made and demand that they give a copy of the show on blu ray. That's the only way you're going to get the absolute best quality... however you'll probably get your butt kicked in the process.

___

Anyway just watch it on YT if you want it should be good.

If you really want to get full quality... go to wherever the heck MLP is made and demand that they give a copy of the show on blu ray. That's the only way you're going to get the absolute best quality... however you'll probably get your butt kicked in the process.

___

Anyway just watch it on YT if you want it should be good.

I think I might I live in riverside 15 minutes from L.A. so maybe they have a distribution center near here cuz I think its made in Canada. Though I wear glasses I can be pretty intimidating....grrrangry.png

I think I might I live in riverside 15 minutes from L.A. so maybe they have a distribution center near here cuz I think its made in Canada. Though I wear glasses I can be pretty intimidating....grrrangry.png

LOL

Well I think for the show 85% of distribution is done digitally. I think so anyway - maybe they send an actual tape (or copy something).

I usually just watch it on my Ipod using youtube. However, when my internet is really slow or something else happens, I would get it from youtube using a downloader and transfer and watch it on my ipod from there. The reason I don't watch it on my computer is becuase my audio jack is semi-broken, sometimes working, others not. I wouldn't want to be watching the episode late at night and suddenly have the sound blasting out of my laptop speakers instead of my headphones.

I usually watch it at home on YouTube since it's not avaliable on TV over where I live. It's usually uploaded on YouTube within a day of release so I don't really mind waiting a few extra hours compared to nothing at all.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I usually just watch it on my Ipod using youtube. However, when my internet is really slow or something else happens, I would get it from youtube using a downloader and transfer and watch it on my ipod from there. The reason I don't watch it on my computer is becuase my audio jack is semi-broken, sometimes working, others not. I wouldn't want to be watching the episode late at night and suddenly have the sound blasting out of my laptop speakers instead of my headphones.

Ya I can understand that however I would see if maybe you could get like a USB To 3.5mm Jack Audio Adapter (basically you plug the USB into one of the ports then you plug the headset into the adapter) and that way you can watch MLP or whatever you want on it without having to worry about the broken jack...

I would invest in one mainly because though you still get to watch it on an iPod/iWhatever, but it is not the same as watching it on a nice computer screen. Ultimately its your choice if you want to spend like $15 bucks on it so you can use your computer (with headphones and all).

There is also the option of bringing it into a repair shop: they could probably fix it, but I can almost guarantee it'll be more than $15.

Edited by ~Scootaloo
  • Brohoof 1

-snip-

I've got to get my hands on one of those! i'll make sure I have one before he next season. I could probably just pick one up Futureshop or something. I'll loom around!

Youtube is for when I can't wait to see an episode on Saturday. Then it's "Avast ye scurvy dogs, we be swarmin' after treasure!" round about the following Thursday. At the end of the season I have a friend who then converts everything to "Play in ANYTHING" AVI files for me. Right now I have every single episode burned onto three DVDs, with no ads, watermarks, or HUB pop-ups! Season four will follow this pattern!

(edited)

Youtube is for when I can't wait to see an episode on Saturday. Then it's "Avast ye scurvy dogs, we be swarmin' after treasure!" round about the following Thursday. At the end of the season I have a friend who then converts everything to "Play in ANYTHING" AVI files for me. Right now I have every single episode burned onto three DVDs, with no ads, watermarks, or HUB pop-ups! Season four will follow this pattern!

Ya I have *cough* acquired *cough* all three of the seasons most of the episodes have no watermarks. Only a few from season three do. However the logos are not that intrusive though at least.

Edited by ~Scootaloo
  • Brohoof 1

I will watch it from YouTube with my (hopefully) converted uncle :D

I would go the legal route, but here are my options:

1) Watch it on Netflix (But currently the Canadian Netfilx onlil has seasons 1 and 2.)

2) Pay for it on iTunes (I am currently broke, all my money is in my savings account so I can finally get a laptop.)

3) Watch it on TV (We don't get the hub in Canada. :()

So you can see why I'm going with Youtube.

I will watch it from YouTube with my (hopefully) converted uncle biggrin.png

I would go the legal route, but here are my options:

1) Watch it on Netflix (But currently the Canadian Netfilx onlil has seasons 1 and 2.)

2) Pay for it on iTunes (I am currently broke, all my money is in my savings account so I can finally get a laptop.)

3) Watch it on TV (We don't get the hub in Canada. sad.png)

So you can see why I'm going with Youtube.

Ya I read your thread about you "converting" your uncle. It's nice that he seems to like it however forcing it on him is not really going to make him like it anymore than he normally would.

Since I don't get the hub in germany I'm gonna watch the episodes in livestreams when they come out; then I get them from Youtube via mlp-fim.com. I would buy them as well but I don't use iTunes; anyway I'll maybe order DVDs someday.

Watching on my PC while eating muffins if I have any.

Ya I read your thread about you "converting" your uncle. It's nice that he seems to like it however forcing it on him is not really going to make him like it anymore than he normally would.

Well, I am not "forcing" him too... Here is the shortened version of what happened.

Family discusses ponies and such.

I ask if my uncle would watch an episode.

He says sure.

We watch the ponies.

Uncle agrees to watch another episode.

If you look at the above example carefully, no, I am not forcing ponies on my uncle. He is watching them through his own free will.