Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Future of My Little Pony and the Brony Phenomenon

planet news

End of the show and G4  

169 users have voted

1. 1. How many seasons do you think the show will last?

• Three. Next season will be the last, Im afraid.
    • Four. Not a whole lot longer...
    • Five. Might go strong for a while.
    • Six. Its still got some good time ahead.
    • Seven. The show isn't ending anytime soon!
    • Eight or higher. Its gonna be here for a long time!
  2. 2. Will you still be a brony even after the show dies?

• Still gonna be a very strong brony!
    • I might go down a bit, but still be a brony.
    • Im not sure yet.
    • I think Ill stop being a brony.
    • I'll forget I was ever a brony!
  3. 3. What do you think G5 will be like?

• Its gonna be awesome, just like FIM!
    • I think it will be nice, but not as good as FIM.
    • I dont really know yet.
    • It will not really be that good.
    • It will be terrible, just like G3!
    • There really might not be a G5.

We will all grow beards and live in the mountains and create large murals on the walls of caves so that any travelers or archaeologists who happen to pass by will see in pictures who we were and what we worship. And in the summertime, we will dance in the valley to the songs of MLP and all should be glorious.

But really, once the show is done only the real, real diehards will stick to the fandom and continue to create art and stuff while the not-so-diehards and casuals or perhaps maybe diehards who move on in life and take on increased responsibility (i.e. college, marriage, or starting a family) will drop MLP completely

• Brohoof 2

In my opinion bronies will at least last the same length as the show. Likely longer. It's such a massive fan base and there are always people making fan works of it that they aren't likely to die off without a fight.

Now on the topic of these forums, I doubt these will be gone in a while too. These forums are more then a discussion about the show. It's an all out place to hang and chill if you know what i mean. The other sections allow so much freedom of content people will be talking about it for months, maybe even years to come.

Either way, the show isn't likely to end in a while with how much they are making off this anyways, so bronies will probably be around a long time still.

I feel that Bronies and MLP will never die. Sure, the show will end, but remember this, there is still a young generation of teens watching it. They have their future ahead of them, and what they do could be inspired by certain aspects of the show. I.e. a great writer could pop up, and claim to have based characters or stories off of MLP FiM. Or a big idealist could come about, spreading the brony message of 'Love and tolerate' (not that it hasn't been done before)

• Brohoof 3

Well MLP has been around for a LONG time, but it was just never really as popular as FiM.

Hopefully, when FiM eventually ends, the next generations will have learned a thing or two from this generation and future generations will continue to grow and improve.

I know this generation can only last so long but I highly doubt that MLP will just end suddenly, especially after the huge success that Fim has brought. They're a fairly major part of western popculture now. MLP will be around for awhile and so bronies will always have a reason to stick around.

We bronies will NEVER change! If Hasbro suddenly wants to cancel the show in the future, then we shall form a riot outside Hasbro headquarters! And we won't leave until they bring back MLP FIM! And if that fails, then I guess bronies will just sit back, watch reruns and...*sniff*...cry...

• Brohoof 1

We'll all still be bronies. At heart. We will forever hold our love, our feelings, our amazement of thia show forever. This may seem corny but it's true. I will never forget the amazing times I've had as a brony until the day I die. The fanbase may fall, but in the end, MLP FIM is still going to be a part of us. And who knows, maybe it will inspire other cartoons to be great, dare I say maybe (most certainly not) better. If so, FiM will live on forever. And we can always hope for a Gen 5!

• Brohoof 1

I think we'll end up like the Invader Zim fanbase or the Powerpuff Girls fanbase. We'll remember the show (and heh, there will be fanimations, why the hell not?) and maybe our kids will watch it as well. Hopefully.

We will retreat to our mountain fortresses and await the end of the world.

Nah, but really. The show was really nice, and I love the show for what it is-a masterpiece of animation that's helped change my life. But the fanbase behind the show is what really drives it, from spectacular artwork to riveting fanfics, hay, even just chatting on forums with other bronies. And as long as we stand united, we shall not fall.

Long live Equestria!

• Brohoof 1

What we are and what we do will live on throughout time. I think a time will come(most likely long after MLP:FiM has ended) when our pony zealotry will no longer rival what it is now. However, within our hearts and minds we will always remember and love the ponies and what we have learned from them and most likely spread this to our children and those close to us. From time to time we will fondly reminisce this pony era we enjoy now. Some will completely forget and move on to something else, yet others will still be bronies as they draw their final breath. We stand strong in the face opposition. We break age and gender stereotyping and better ourselves and accept others and their ideas with open minds. We are friendship. HUZZAH!

• Brohoof 1

Oh, we'll just pave the way for humanity to a peaceful future by setting an extraordinary example of how people should relate to each other, feel about themselves and behave in society.

The ripple effect of positivity started by this show can't be stopped now, we are too many for it to truly dissipate back to nothing.

• Brohoof 1

Heck, even if there was no more show left for us to enjoy tomorrow to the very least you could always reminisce back to these moments and be thankful that they happened.

I personally love Bronies, I even have a shirt that says: "I (pony) Bronies." I did a research paper on the Brony culture (I don't consider it a sub-culture) and i know that Bronies will last for a while. It's like the children of the ninetieths will always love Pokemon! It's just something that will be around for much longer then many people believe it will.

<3 Bronies!! <3

• Brohoof 2

I personally love Bronies, I even have a shirt that says: "I (pony) Bronies." I did a research paper on the Brony culture (I don't consider it a sub-culture) and i know that Bronies will last for a while. It's like the children of the ninetieths will always love Pokemon! It's just something that will be around for much longer then many people believe it will.

<3 Bronies!! <3

I just wanted to write a comparison to Pokèmon. The fandom and cult is still alive after 14years and I think the same will happen bronies. :)

• Brohoof 2

I know this may sound a bit silly in retrospect when I see this tomorrow, but I had a sudden strange revelation/feeling in my gut about the whole brony phenomenon. What will become of bronies in years to come? How long will MLP last? Will there eventually be no bronies or all bronies? I just had a flow of questions gush through my mind dam. What are your opinions on these leaking questions?

Don't hold back! ;)

Ya know, when people dwell a lot on the uncertainty of the future, I'm reminded of probably my favorite (and surprisingly deep) quote from the movie "Kung Fu Panda," when Master Oogway encourages Po:

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it's called the present."

Don't dwell on what may be someday my friends, not when we've got such a fun community right now. And besides, it's not etched in stone or anything that the community will fall apart whenever the show ends; plenty of fandoms for shows back in the 80s even still exist. But come what may, let's revel in our wonderful community right now! :D

I hope that the fandom keeps thriving a long time after the show has ended

I love you all, and I don't want to lose this. Not gonna cry, absolutely (Really, I'm in a public aisle)

Edited by Flutterash