Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Future of My Little Pony and the Brony Phenomenon

planet news

End of the show and G4  

169 users have voted

1. 1. How many seasons do you think the show will last?

• Three. Next season will be the last, Im afraid.
    • Four. Not a whole lot longer...
    • Five. Might go strong for a while.
    • Six. Its still got some good time ahead.
    • Seven. The show isn't ending anytime soon!
    • Eight or higher. Its gonna be here for a long time!
  2. 2. Will you still be a brony even after the show dies?

• Still gonna be a very strong brony!
    • I might go down a bit, but still be a brony.
    • Im not sure yet.
    • I think Ill stop being a brony.
    • I'll forget I was ever a brony!
  3. 3. What do you think G5 will be like?

• Its gonna be awesome, just like FIM!
    • I think it will be nice, but not as good as FIM.
    • I dont really know yet.
    • It will not really be that good.
    • It will be terrible, just like G3!
    • There really might not be a G5.

I will be sad if it ends but I'm hoping this won't happen for a long time, I hope the community grows and doesnt die out just because the show ends. Heck, new people will start watching it and more people will join the community. xD

I hope that when it ends the community will just become stronger than ever, because really we are one of the most dedicated fandoms I've ever seen. I can see us doing something like all pulling together and continuing it as a fan series or something.

And even if we didn't I hope we would still produce fanfics, art, music and animation anyway.

Wasn't there a thread made on this elsewhere?

The livelihood of the show is not only in the show itself, it feeds off of the desire in the community. If no pony watched My Little Pony, it wouldn't have continued... So, as long as we stay strong with our interests, we will never disappear!

MLP is gonna last forever. It's a long existing franchise. When G4 ends, there will be a G5, and I believe it's possible this show will be better than FiM, better than any pony show ever before.

Yes, that they will come

• Brohoof 1

The end...a sad thought. The fandom will survive longer then the show of course but how much longer is unknown. In the end it will be the die hard fans left, perhaps a hundred or two hundred people who still love the show. I don't believe the Gen 5 would follow in Gen 4's footsteps. Even though Gen 4 is very popular, its popularity sprouts from older males then the 7 year old girls it was aimed at and I think that the Gen 5 makers will try and revert the show back to the old girly creation that it was meant to be in the first place.

*Purposeful Doctor Who sad gif in the spoiler below*

Posted Image

I don't want it to go.

• Brohoof 1

Well, based on my knowledge of other shows that've ended, MLP:FiM will definately live on. :)

I mean, look at the Invader Zim fanbase. Sure, we're kinda small, but we keep on producing fanmade art, and there's even a small group that's animating the unfinished episodes!

And that's just with a small fanbase. With a fanbase as big as MLP:FiM's, it's almost guranteed that once it ends fans will still be producing artwork :)

With the size of the fanbase, we could probably continue the show with our own animators and script writers who volunteer to do it...

I've pondered this too. I feel like for maybe 6 months we will all continue to thrive and produce fan content but after that...I think we'll fall apart. I hope it isn't the truth but i get this nagging feeling that when the end is here, we'll disappear with it.

It's not something I really like to consider, but it is always a thought that won't leave the back of my head. I know that one day the series itself will eventually end, and I wonder "What'll happen to the community after it all ends?" Will we continue to strive and produce more fan stuff? Will we just slowly die down? Or will we just remain at a point between the two? What are your thoughts on this? Just the thought makes me feel sad.

(I apologize if this has already been posted before).

with how active this place is, i think we'll be around for a long time, like pokemon

The community will probably be significantly less active, though I doubt it will disappear. Around 20 years after say, the original Sega Genesis Sonic the Hedgehog titles, people are still talking about them, remixing tunes, making their own flash versions, modding the games for emulation, etc.

I doubt MLP will end anytime soon, though. It's beloved by fans and probably a nice, fat cash cow for the people in charge, so it would be foolish for them to not eventually start making games, spinoffs, more merch, etc. Pokemon has been going for probably ten years strong, even after it lost its fad status. Final Fantasy VII was such a well-recieved game that fans clung desperately to what they had and eventually recieved more games based off of it, and a film. If MLP is truly more than a fad, it has a very good chance of living beyond this series as we know it.

Edited by Harebrained