Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Future of My Little Pony and the Brony Phenomenon

planet news

End of the show and G4  

169 users have voted

1. 1. How many seasons do you think the show will last?

• Three. Next season will be the last, Im afraid.
    • Four. Not a whole lot longer...
    • Five. Might go strong for a while.
    • Six. Its still got some good time ahead.
    • Seven. The show isn't ending anytime soon!
    • Eight or higher. Its gonna be here for a long time!
  2. 2. Will you still be a brony even after the show dies?

• Still gonna be a very strong brony!
    • I might go down a bit, but still be a brony.
    • Im not sure yet.
    • I think Ill stop being a brony.
    • I'll forget I was ever a brony!
  3. 3. What do you think G5 will be like?

• Its gonna be awesome, just like FIM!
    • I think it will be nice, but not as good as FIM.
    • I dont really know yet.
    • It will not really be that good.
    • It will be terrible, just like G3!
    • There really might not be a G5.

There are plenty of shows, books, movies, and other types of media that have never updated that still possess communities twenty, thirty, forty years after they were first published. In particuar, considering the sort of creative frenzy this show has driven the fandom into, how large its grown, and the basic message of friendship the show carries, I think that communities for the show will last long after it ends. It's already too beloved for that not to occur, even if the fandom dwindles to a mere fraction of what it is now.

The show has already had a major impact on my quality of life. I won't be abandoing my love for it for a long time, if ever.

Ha, this is simple. Even after the show ends (wich I hope wont happen for some time), Bronies will last forever. I know it. Have you seen Star Wars fans? There are still people nowadays who get introduced to things like that.

I know that long before the show actually ends, bronies will stop appearing in the news and stuff, but that's not because we will loose importance or simply die, it's because people will get used to us. Bronies will be just another fandom, sure, one that will last forever.

And of course there's G5, who knows? Maybe it will be the adventure show I thought FiM was gonna be

I almost started to cry about the thought of MLP:FiM would end. :(

But I will be a fan of the show forever and after :D

Don't worry you're not alone, on either aspect.

I've actually planned on becoming a politician, and then once retiring going into some sort of educational help, and I was totally thinking the same thing, to incorporate ponies, and other things of our time, into lessons.

We must also take into account future history. Europe is desperately failing, and if things take a turn for the worse ponies might get wiped out or ignored in the resulting madness.

Of course, I also never plan on forgetting ponies, but they'll definetly, as Zero said, fall out of the spotlight. Because honestly, it WILL get boring after a while. The MLP fandom is already breaching the corners of the fandom box and creating obscure art, music and fanfics; how long till we begin to lose ideas?

It WILL die down.

Not to be rude or anything, but I must respectfully disagree. We've already accomplished more artistically in a few months what larger and older fanbases have taken years to do! I've begun to write my first fan-fiction. (I've been telling myself for years to start writing and THIS show got me to do it!) Even if the show is canceled, bronies will still be around. I once saw on a comment for "Epic Cupcake Time" somepony said something to the effect of "the bronies have transcended fandom. When the show ends they will MAKE more episodes!" Even if it was meant in jest I think he had a point. That clip, along with "Luna's Lament" are pretty dang close to the show in animation quality and voice acting accuracy. Groups of bronies COULD get together for projects like that! Even as we move forward with our lives, we'll look back on these times fondly and remember all the fun and even friends we made BECAUSE of this fandom. I'll be an old man and there will still be a BroNYcon, hopefully. Not to sound unrealistically idealistic, that's just my two bits. (Wow! My first forum post. Am I supposed to feel something?)

I'll be like 90 and say

"listen kids, back in my day, ponies were the hip trend on the internet, we were going to change the world"

Correction. We DID change the world.

We'll be around for a while. I think the size of the fandom will depend on the quality of G5. If it's good, we can continue to introduce people to G4 through their love of the new show. I know I'll certainly stick around if G5 is good. ;)

• Brohoof 1

I'm actually not as worried about this as I once was.

-On Wednesday January 11, 2012, Equestria Daily reported its 100,000,000th pageview, and the ticker is still climbing. That's how awesome ponies have become, in just under a year-and-a-half.

-In adition, my friend is an artist who frequents deviantart. She said the day Derpy spoke, there was sketches updated every half-hour of her!

-Star Trek premiered on September 8, 1966, the first convention was hosted in January 1972. Now how long did it take for BroNYcon to become a reality?

-Fan artists like Acoustic Brony and Beatle Brony put out songs faster than some professional bands have in the past.

-The entire creative team, including Lauren Faust herself, have talked to the fans and responded with enthusiasm. The posts Lauren herself responded to have ranged from major topic discussion, to just complimenting fan art, to actually comforting bronies talking about traumatic life events!

-The adobe flash animations, Epic cupcake Time and Luna's Lament could easily be mistaken for episodes in their animation and voice acting quality. (Even if the former, is a parody, it still captures Dash's attitude and Pinkie's manic behavior.) Bearing that in mind, if the show is ever cancelled. It might be possible for a group project to MAKE THEIR OWN!

-According to John de Lancie, "Roddenberry warned me that I had no idea what I was getting into with Star Trek. Someone should have warned me about My Little Pony! Egads!" . . . Bronies out-fanned Trekkies!

The youngest brony will be an old man by the time it dies down, and by then it's impact will have been felt. We will tell our children these stories of how we actually made friends and became better people because of this fandom. We will show them Equestria through the official material and the beautiful creations of our little circle. All in all, I think we're in it for the long haul. What do you think?

Big Macintosh:"Eeyup."

Edited by Steelquill
  • Brohoof 4

Every show needs to end at some point... How many seasons will you think FIM will last?

Also, will you still be an Friendship is Magic fan even after the show dies? Me, I would just rewatch the show on YouTube, and still be a brony.

And! What do you think G5 will be like?

Edited by TwilightRubix

Judging from the sheer number of this fanbase, I doubt this show will end anytime soon, might as well goes to ten season! Posted Image

Even after the last episode of the season airs, I'll keep buying the merchandise and downloading stuff from the internet.

G5... It's gonna be nice, but it won't be as brilliant as Faust's creation

I wish there was an option for a "I don't think there will be a G5", because MLP:FiM is a reboot, and if may just be me but this could possibly be the end of the pony TV series. The toy line will last.

No idea. I know the show can't last forever, but I will stick around as long as the community still cranks out great fanfics and art. I will always be a brony. I demand that they play Giggle at the Ghosty at my funeral (and some Oingo Boing and the Eagles).

• Brohoof 3

I wish there was an option for a "I don't think there will be a G5", because MLP:FiM is a reboot, and if may just be me but this could possibly be the end of the pony TV series. The toy line will last.

I added that option in!