The Future of My Little Pony and the Brony Phenomenon

planet news

End of the show and G4  

169 users have voted

1. 1. How many seasons do you think the show will last?

• Three. Next season will be the last, Im afraid.
    • Four. Not a whole lot longer...
    • Five. Might go strong for a while.
    • Six. Its still got some good time ahead.
    • Seven. The show isn't ending anytime soon!
    • Eight or higher. Its gonna be here for a long time!
  2. 2. Will you still be a brony even after the show dies?

• Still gonna be a very strong brony!
    • I might go down a bit, but still be a brony.
    • Im not sure yet.
    • I think Ill stop being a brony.
    • I'll forget I was ever a brony!
  3. 3. What do you think G5 will be like?

• Its gonna be awesome, just like FIM!
    • I think it will be nice, but not as good as FIM.
    • I dont really know yet.
    • It will not really be that good.
    • It will be terrible, just like G3!
    • There really might not be a G5.

(edited)

there are fans of many TV shows and movies, even many years after they ended.

im sure we will be fine, especially with the power of the Internet.

Edited by superponylinux

We are like trekkies, we will never die. 40-50 years later, their still going strong! We will too!
  • Brohoof 5

(edited)

We are like trekkies, we will never die. 40-50 years later, their still going strong! We will too!

That's a good point.

And just like Star Trek, the show might get a reboot some time after it's dead. (Even if it's just a couple movies (I just found out that there's a sequel to the 2009 movie)

Edited by Tom
  • Brohoof 1

This has been the most amazing community I've been a part of, so I don't think it will just vanish. I plan on being a Brony for as long as i can, even when the show ends. I say when because there is an end for everything, that's a known fact and the truth, but that doesn't mean we have to stop the love for this show :) this fandom will continue on!

I hope so too

The mlp community cannot be taken down as quickly as it it was brought up. I'd say we have plenty of time before the community starts fading if it ever does.

• Brohoof 1

I'll stay brony as long as the fanbase is big. Because I don't really know what I would do if there was like only 1000 bronies left.

• Brohoof 1

One of my fandoms' Canons closed in 1969 (almost 10 years before I was born), with the exception of a couple of reunion albums/specials. The community certainly isn't like it was back in the day, but there are still stalwarts who pass around pics, write fanfic and keep up on what things there are to keep up with. At that point, the fandom is less about the fandom, and more about the People you meet through the fandom, and the other interests you share. Doesn't make it any less a part of your life though.

Let us hope that this fandom is not like pop music: takes the world by storm, only to taper off rather quickly.

I do feel that there will always be dedicated fans who will remain admiring this fandom for years to come. Even when new episodes stopped being made, there will always be the possibility of attaining new fans because of curious internet newcombers who sees all the work that the fandom has done. The music, the art, the stories, will remain in the internet forever and it is bound to capture someone's attention...even in the far future.

Many memebers will of courses fade away because of life or new interests, but that happens with any fandom.

• Brohoof 1

I hope I dont grow out of it,but if I do.I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU GUYS...............MY FELLOW BRONIES!

I will never forget the ponies that inspired me to think posotive.

I will never forget how vinyl scratch got me to like electronic music(The best type of music I never heard)

and other stuff too.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

So how long do you think the Brony community will survive?

I know that in the here and now, it'd be easy to shout out "Brony 4 Life!" but do you think that will be the case? Once the show is over and done, will it be time to pack up the ponies and years later, look back upon this part of your life with fondness (or ruefulness or bemusement) or will the ponies still be displayed proudly and you'll be gearing up for that next Brony convention or meet-up without missing a beat?

I am genuinely curious, because as I was looking around for a good MLP forum to join, I would often come across people announcing that they were leaving the community, and while I realize interests wax and wane more than ever these days, I considered the whole of Bronydom and wondered if they could be comparable to the fans who remain true to series like Star Wars, Star Trek, Firefly, and Doctor Who, where despite there not being new content for many years, continued to be devoted, erstwhile followers.

For some reason there is a lot of Sci-Fi that persists through the ages, but given how creative and open Bronies are, could this be just the same as those enduring classics? Can MLP:FiM become a real classic?

I honestly think it could.

I mean, think about the entire brony fandom. Not just any show would have got a group like that to support them. There's something about FiM, and I think it will stay around for a very long time.

I'm a brony and all, but honestly, no.

It's a great series, but I don't think it's anything special. Series like Spongebob before it have done the exact same thing in terms of attracting all demographics and securing a very large fan base of all ages. I don't see it going anywhere past seven seasons, at the MOST.

I can see it becoming like spongebob where episodes keep coming out but no one actually watches it

Spongebob actually's become REALLY great in Season 8; a lot of the episodes could've easily fit into the Season 1-3 era.

(edited)

The fandom will last...

Posted Image

Seriously though, I think the community will shrink after saturation is reached and the novelty starts wearing off for some people. I think it has strong potential to be a lasting force though.

Edited by SageWise
  • Brohoof 2

i personaly will stay with it for the rest of my life, the show has had too much of an impact on me for me just to walk away from it after the last episode airs

Time for Discord to go on a rampage of necro-bumping. Everypony loves zombie topics <3 Oh, and don't worry Omnipony, because:

Posted Image

I, too, am a believer in what Lauren has done in the past being a good ball-park measurement. The Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends both lasted for six seasons, and neither of those shows became an absolute global internet phenomena like this show has. Lauren may be 'off' the staff now, but the fact remains that she originally brought the show into existence, and who runs it now is doing a fantastic job of keeping that spark of what interests everyone, still inside the show. The way I see it, five or six seasons is in the bag.

And so, it eventually ends. So what? The fanbase for something this utterly massive and ground-breaking in terms of media and gender neutrality will not die suddenly just due to the show officially ending. That's not how fanbases work. And with this one especially, one that has proven to be both mature, and full of talented artists, musicians, writers and other artists that have created literally, mountains upon mountains of amazing fan-media, this show will take a decade or more to become all but forgotten, perhaps even more.

• Brohoof 2

You know, I think it might stay for awhile. I can't name many cartoons that have conventions solely dedicated to its fandom. In fact, I think ponies are the only one that I can name.