Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Future of My Little Pony and the Brony Phenomenon

planet news

End of the show and G4  

169 users have voted

1. 1. How many seasons do you think the show will last?

• Three. Next season will be the last, Im afraid.
    • Four. Not a whole lot longer...
    • Five. Might go strong for a while.
    • Six. Its still got some good time ahead.
    • Seven. The show isn't ending anytime soon!
    • Eight or higher. Its gonna be here for a long time!
  2. 2. Will you still be a brony even after the show dies?

• Still gonna be a very strong brony!
    • I might go down a bit, but still be a brony.
    • Im not sure yet.
    • I think Ill stop being a brony.
    • I'll forget I was ever a brony!
  3. 3. What do you think G5 will be like?

• Its gonna be awesome, just like FIM!
    • I think it will be nice, but not as good as FIM.
    • I dont really know yet.
    • It will not really be that good.
    • It will be terrible, just like G3!
    • There really might not be a G5.

Months after the show officially ends, The community will shrink, smaller and smaller. Years later, it won't really be a fanbase anymore, more like a "yeah, I was a brony" type thing. Every individual will keep their inner pony, their love for the show, and keep it in a special place in their heart. Like stated before, it'll be like gen. 1 of Pokemon. Forever adored, but not such a large part in your life anymore.

Let it be known, I'll miss (most) of you guys, and I don't wanna see the day when we all disband :(

This can take several years though, so yay!

Cannot stop. Will not stop. The pony express rides until the train breaks down, the rails degrade, and the conductors are all gone.

In a year, Season 3's hype will be over, but the next piece of FiM will carry the interest. The fandom will likely still be very strong.

In three years, FiM could be officially over, or near it's end. New bronies will be harder to find, but it will still be easy to refer people to the older seasons of the show. Again, the fanbase will be releasing non-canon episodes, animations, shorts, music, and such.

In five years, it's extremely likely that FiM is officially over. If not, there may be a trickle of episodes, or a special here and there. This is a point where there will be very little new interest in the show. Those that stuck for the show will move on, and the numbers of the community may decline. The activity of the few, however, will not! Less animations and videos may be made, but art, music, and roleplay still go strong.

In ten years, do not expect to see FiM at all. You could see a 10 year anniversary episode, maybe. At this time, the brony culture would be flatlined. People still remember FiM, and they still love it, but things change and we've moved on. There will still be a small fanbase for the dedicated and bored. Artistic content would be minimal.

In twenty years, we will have our first generation of young teenagers that never grew up with FiM anywhere in their lives. Only the adults, middle-aged, and a few of the elderly will be bronies. Most bronies will be anywhere from 30-50. It will be an underground love, much like old star wars fans. Little to no community activity, but still love.

In fifty years, most adults and middle-aged people have no experience with FiM. At most, film and show history majors may learn about it. It'll be an entry in wikipedia and other history sources. Only some bronies will be alive, most being in the late 60s to 80s. Trust me, at that point, the brony fanbase is gone. We may not even remember it from being so old.

In one hundred years, it is very likely that no human still alive will have experienced FiM. Again, it will only be in the history resources for those few that study it.

Oh, I must've been pretty bored to do that mini-timeline. Well, don't fear so badly! Lauren Faust is still active in animation and cartoon-making, and even when she retires, someone else will be passed the torch. The Powerpuff girls were huge back in the day, and now most of that fanbase has fizzled out. Here we are with FiM, and although the staying power and following of this show makes PPG look like a comic strip in the newspapers, we can expect the same result. The next best thing will eventually come along and sweep us all off our feet. It's not so sad, once you think about it. If FiM lasted forever, would that be very special?

This is literally perfect. I was trying to say this, but alas i was too lazy. It will be a sad but inevitable day when the last brony, the last fan of generation 4 of My Little Pony dies. Unfortunately (or fortunately), I'll be dead by then. I highly doubt I'll be the last fan standing.

Edited by Twilie'Zorah (ADOR)

The community can last for some time after the show ends, but it won't last forever... Once everything about FiM dies down, and nothing new pops up, I think some will just move on. I will personally remember FiM for what it was, and will always love the show.

Not looking for stuff like, "MLP is amazing it will live on forever." I'd like to know your opinions on about how long you think (seasons) the show will go on. Truthfully. Explain if needed or wanted.

Considering the fact that it's a TV series based on a children's toyline, I won't expect it to live on forever. I'm guessing it'll last for at most 5 seasons. 5 because 4 is too little and 6 is too much.

Then again, the classic Transformers cartoon went on for freakin' ever. There were like trillions of seasons for that. So I dunno.

I honestly believe 6 seasons, maybe less. They'll "milk" the show until it becomes dry, and I would expect them to do so. But it won't last for a extremely long time no matter how much you, or I want it to.

I would say that it depends on the size of the fanbase (basically how many people go to conventions, etc.), the revenue received (merch., conventions, etc.) and the number of ideas the writers have for the show (most writers would have a lot of ideas anyways). So 5-6 seasons. I wonder why season 3 is supposed to have 13 episodes... I hope Season 4 won't be the last season >n> .

Hard to say exactly. As long as it's a profitable venture, MLP will continue. Personally, I'm in agreement with letterONE. Five seasons seems like a pretty good number. I'd be pretty dang surprised if it reached upwards of nine or ten. Then again, there are shows that go on and on like Simpsons and Pokemon so it's never set in stone. As long as I can watch MLP and smile, laugh, and simply enjoy the show, I'd like for it to continue.

Personally.. I have no idea..It's pretty hard to scale without knowing how much income MLP is bringing in..I hope it doesn't end any time soon because I will most likely not even think about watching G5

There's no way to really tell. They could just end it in a couple seasons when the ideas run dry.

Or they could keep it running so long that truly new and original episodes are seldom seen. It really depends on the marketability, since the show is designed to sell a toy line.

Well the show has a fairly wide fanbase and it is getting alot of attention. I think considering it is the most productive generation yet it will certainly go on for quite a while. I would be most happy if they stopped making episodes every week and just made a few new ones one at a time like spongebob does. If MLP has as many episodes and seasons as Spongebob or South park I would be a happy camper. However the hub doesnt have to many shows and MLP is its most succesful so im not sure they are going to let go of this franchise any time to soon. I guess we wait and see!

To quote The Oracle from the end of The Matrix Revolutions: "As long as it takes."

I suspect that the over-under is about five seasons, maybe six. The length of the seasons will also matter, too.

With the ambitions the writers and the animators have for the show and the fans to back them up, I believe the show will last for another three seasons. Right now, we should enjoy the ride while the show is hot.

Edited by Deeмo

I always hate topics like this, so I'm just going to comment on it because I really just want to get through with it. I honestly can't possibly think of it ending. It makes me feel depressed so that's why I still say it will just transfer into G5 after 6 seasons of G4

We obviously can't predict the future, and just saying stuff like: "The show will suck after X seasons" I will just wait to see what happens. To me, the show is getting better, and the 2 S3 songs have surpassed my expectations! I don't think we have anything to worry about any time soon.

This may be a bit high but I believe 7-9 seasons, I mean, we spent TONS of money on the franchise (Obviously we earn more than a 6 year old girls allowance) well for the people that work, so they will try to milk it, but lets try to stick together on the forum, because, we KNOW the show will make a comeback, well, we can dream ...

Im guessing a max of 8 more years... I don't know how many seasons that would be, and I dont want to think about the number of season, just gonna hope it lasts for years and years more.

Posted Image

Sorry, couldn't resist that. I'm personally hoping for at least 10 seasons, and the fanbase will stay alive years (decades perhaps) after the show has done airing.