Is Rainbow Dash a hated character?

MJNSEIFER

Hated? Really? EVERYONE has something with Rainbow Dash on it in MY school, hell, there was a room in which they had ponies everywhere. Don't have cool? TAKE A RAINBOW DASH! Don't have Ponies? RAINBOW DASH! YOU GET A RAINBOW DASH AND YOU GET A RAINBOW DASH! WE ALL GET RAINBOW DASH! 

In all seriousness, I can't see her being most hated. Hell, they ALL have flaws.

Apple Bloom:Impatience to the point where she'll give herself a potion to get a cutie mark.BLANK FLANK. CRYBABY. She has been prideful too.

Scootaloo:S-SCOOT SCOOT SCOOTALOO! (Jeez, I seen so many chicken jokes on her and it makes me sad.) DODO!  Those are the only in show names, but that isn't what the fandom really shows.BLANK FLANK.CRY BABY Her impatience, her pride, etc.

Sweetie Belle: Dictionary, Dumb Belle, Cry Baby, Blank Flank, etc. The fact she can't keep emotions in check. 

Twilight:Nerd, Egg head, all the flank she got for Alicorn Twi.  Her own paranoia. OCD. 

Fluttershy:Weak flier, afraid of heights, shy, "Clutzershy"

Apple Jack: "Best secondary character". Lack of episodes, her own stubbornness

Pinkie:The RANDOMNESS. Lack of taking responsibility. She couldn't have been taken seriously.

Rarity:Vanity.Her ego. 

By those standards, each can truly be hated. I mean....

Fluttershy can be so damn annoying since until Hurricane Shy or t Fluttershy episode before it, she doesn't LEARN to NOT be shy.Plus, her pony fears weren't really addressed.

Pinkie:Her SONGS can be annoying if over done. Plus sometimes her voice and randomness is annoying.

Twilight:The fact the idiot ball loves her during the starter episodes of each season is amazing. (Granted, the ball wasn't as big for the first two episodes of season 1 but during season 2, the idiot ball rolled. DISCORD TOLD YOU WHERE TO FIND THE ELEMENTS. 

Although you made a point about the flaws of the CMCs, it would be pretty unfair to call them crybabies, considering the bullying they usually go through and they they are younger than the other characters. To me, Sweetie Belle's crying in "One Bad Apple" was pretty understandable, considering the harsh treatment she and her friends went through.

From what I've seen...no, she's not. I seen her as a favorite as much as Fluttershy. She's honestly my least favorite mane 6, but there are quite a lot of people who like her. More people seem to hate Rarity (my favorite pony) or Applejack (3rd favorite pony), not Rainbow Dash. 

DZf4iNK.png

matching setups with my bff pathfinder

A lot of people would see Rainbow Dash as rash and arrogant at the get go. Nonetheless, over time, Rainbow Dash shows her loyalty and care for the rest of the Mane 6, so I guess that should make up for the hatred towards her. That said, a lot of people still love Rainbow Dash. Take my friend who just started watching MLP. Rainbow Dash is her favourite pony because she's a lot like her. I guess it depends on how well one can empathize with a certain character.

Although you made a point about the flaws of the CMCs, it would be pretty unfair to call them crybabies, considering the bullying they usually go through and they they are younger than the other characters. To me, Sweetie Belle's crying in "One Bad Apple" was pretty understandable, considering the harsh treatment she and her friends went through.

I'm quoting Babs Seed and the other bullies during One Bad Apple. I'm not calling them that, I'm just quoting. I can see the mistake. I should have clarified it better.

img-1263185-5-rFtf8Pv.jpg

SCOOTALOO Best CMC

PINKIE PIE=Best Pony

LUNA=Best Princess

I know people that hate Rainbow Dash. But I LOVE Rainbow Dash. I love tomboys because they're pretty fun to be around, and Rainbow Dash pretty much is a tomboy. Plus there's her arrogance, physical capabilities, and some of the things she says. Bottom line is she is, but the number of her fans complete blow away the number of haters.

I don't think RD is a hated character she has a unique personality. She's loyal to her friends. However I think at points shes concedied (example the hero episode) but deep down shes a kind hearted pony. 

28536_s.gif

MY SIGNATURE IS ON A ROTATE SO IT WILL CHANGE

Azusa Signature By the AMAZING Azura! Other Images by the amazing ~Chaotic Discord~

My Tumblr | My MLP Tumblr | Signature Rotate

i love rainbow dash she is a fantastic character an she is my fav of all time i love it thats pretty much it haters going to hate, and lovers goin to love lol that how i see it.

• Brohoof 1

i contral water an talk to fish....eeyeah

jtsgsigrequest.png

created sig and avatar by kyoshi

(edited)

She might be SOMEWHAT... But to most of us, likely not.

She is 2nd Best Pony to me, because she's loyal to her friends and also because of her tomboyish personality.

This is quite unrelated, but Twilight is best pony :P

Edited by Rainbow P.F. Sparkle

58fcd718b2e1f_NerdyLuigisSigII.2.png.fbb45443c27c58836244b7fd6f28b2f6.png

She isn't a hated character, if you ask me. Universally hated, at least. There will always be the few that don't like her, but she has quite a fanbase for herself otherwise. You could technically argue her as overrated if you play your cards right. (And actually care about that sort of thing...)

Even though she's my least favorite, I do think she has many redeemable qualities about her, and the struggles with her ego that she has to overcome over the course of the show are pretty good lessons to be learned. I just HATE the way they portrayed her in certain parts of Season 2. (Especially May the Best Pet Win. She was terrible in that episode.)

• Brohoof 1

I think a lot of the reason why some bronies hate Rainbow Dash is because of her flaws. She can often be arrogant, blunt to the point of rudeness, and a bit snarky at times. But she's developed a lot over the course of the show, and so I'd say no, I wouldn't consider her to be somepony who's hated overall.

Gilda, on the other hoof...

I've never bought into the idea that a character having flaws automatically makes them a bad character.  (I've also never believed that a character having flaws automatically makes them a *good* character.  It depends on the nature of their flaws, the writing, their role in the show, etc. - but mostly the writing.)  So while I don't like her very much because of her personality, I can see the value she brings to the show and why others favor her.  Have whatever opinion you want, but to me, just having these flawsdoesn't diminish my ability to recognize what she brings to the show.  Looking objectively, I think she's shown the most growth overall, especially due to Season 3. 

• Brohoof 3

img-1630605-3-sig_for_hawkflame_by_maggi

Sig by Thunderstorm

Check out my Rarity fansite!

• 4 weeks later...

Rainbow Dash and Rarity are by and large the most hated in the circles I go through. Between the arrogance and the whining it's kind of understandable.

I don't get it honestly, I love Rarity.

I am a Brony. I love being a Brony, Twilight is best pony.

Honestly, I don't "hate" Rainbow, she's just not as loved compared to the other Mane 6 in my list.

1. Pinkie Pie

2.Twilight (though, she does piss me off at times)

3.RAINBOW DASH/ Rarity tie. 

4.Apple Jack  (I just never seen her much..I wish I did though)

5. Fluttershy. 

Well, I do sorta think that people don't like her because of her attitude on a more regular basis. 

img-1263185-5-rFtf8Pv.jpg

SCOOTALOO Best CMC

PINKIE PIE=Best Pony

LUNA=Best Princess

Rainbow Dash's attitude is really one of the reasons why I like her the most out of all the characters on the show. I'm sure I've said this a million times on this website and probably in this topic too, but I love cool characters who are hard on others but have something deeper under that tough exterior.

Something about that is just... well, just makes me love that character. Plus, Dash has a lot of unique traits as well that I'm sure everyone else has already described, so it's just a no-brainer that she's my favorite.

Even so, I can understand why some might not like her, because we all have different tastes. Still, it's funny because Dash is actually one of the better liked characters at the same time. I guess it goes without saying that when a character has a lot of fans they'll also have a lot of detractors as well.

• Brohoof 4

RainblowHash.gif

#bringbackmerriwetherwillaims

Hated? Rainbow Dash? She has tons of fans. I can see why some may not like her but I see way way way more love for her than hate. On other sites She and Fluttershy seem to be everyones favorite pony.

crestbestsig_zps632b3d0d.png
*Siggy Made by Me*

3. Whenever she's shipped with another female pony, she is singled out like she is the only one who this happens to.

I've seen a lot of shipping with her and Fluttershy, or Twilight.....

To be honest I have not really seen many shippings that aren't 2 females :I

Unless you count the Spike x Rarity shipping O.o

5. Fanfictions that star, or mostly feature her, such as "Cupcakes" or "My Little Dashie" seem to be universally hated (I adore MLD, Cupcakes I can take or leave)

My little Dashie? Universally hated? It's the opposite .-.

Now cupcakes some people do hate others don't care, and then there are probably people who like it. I like cupcakes to a degree... I dislike gore, now average murder ok, ripping organs out ehhh.... My favorite fanfic is actually Rainbow Factory :3

I don't hate Rainbow Dash nor do I entirely like her, she is in my opinion better than Rarity :I though

7.jpg

Of-course Dash at moments isn't my most liked Pony of the Mane Six but surely I wouldn't hate her. Really I don't see much of a reason to hate anypony, yeah sure some have more bad than good at times but there all great entertaining characters.

AmsYnLz.png

Thanks to the lovely Pink Mist for the magnificent signature!

Rainbow Dash is among the most liked so I think in retrospect; she'd get a lot of people who'd dislike her as well.

She has her moments like in season 3 and to be honest, I didn't even like Rainbow Dash until then.

She Maybe disliked at times, but not hated, she isn't exactly my favourite character, But I don't hate her, hate is such a strong word.

she has plenty of fans to be honest, and well, She isn't hated.

post-3011-0-91073100-1377874427.png

✧ Made by Azura, Much Appreciated 

I have to admit Rainbow Dash is my least favourite out of the main six but I certainly don't hate her. It's just her character is the sort of person who gets on my nerves (aka always calling herself the best, if she is good for her, honestly well done she deserves to celebrate. But to me more than once or twice makes me feel like someone is pushing it in my face, whether it's a cartoon or not) I have to admit I love her design and she can be pretty cool.

However I admit she is slowly growing on me, so I like her a little better now. She's just not one of those people who I could get along with.

Edited by Bethielikesponies

I didn't even realized RD could be considered a hated character until I saw this topic. 

I don't think she is a hated character, but some people do dislike her. It's someone's opinion though, and nobody can change that.

Rainbow Dash, in my opinion, is like the best pony ever. Next to Vinyl, Octy, Colgate, and Derpy. 

I personally love Cupcakes and My Little Dashie, others don't. Everypony is entitled to their opinion.

Some people like her, others don't.  

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash, in my opinion, is like the best pony ever. Next to Vinyl, Octy, Colgate, and Derpy. 

I personally love Cupcakes and My Little Dashie, others don't. Everypony is entitled to their opinion.

Some people like her, others don't.  

Exactly! Although I personally find it hard to hate a fictional character, but it's alright if others have some disdain for her. We can't like everypony after all! But like you said, everypony has their own opinion!

But if their opinion is that Rainbow Dash sucks, then they're obviously just a hater and jealous of her swag.

RainblowHash.gif

#bringbackmerriwetherwillaims

Exactly! Although I personally find it hard to hate a fictional character, but it's alright if others have some disdain for her. We can't like everypony after all! But like you said, everypony has their own opinion!

But if their opinion is that Rainbow Dash sucks, then they're obviously just a hater and jealous of her swag.

Yeah, and we should just accept that, and move on in life. Unlike those people who hang on the topic of other people's opinions for days on end. Those are the people that annoy me!

Everyone has their opinions towards every pony.

However, the reason rainbow dash is so hated upon is because she's considered the overrated of the mane 6.

She's been used everywhere all the time, and makes the others look bad or not as great as the others.

She's a cool character, if not, a bit overused at times.

• Brohoof 1