Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A curious thought about Stallions. :o

MyShiningArmor

It seems to me that all of the "royal" Stallions, meaning the big muscular ones like Big Mac, Prince Bluenlood, and Shining Armor himself might actually be born with their cutie marks! Do we ever see scense where they earn them? And do they not seem to have them at a very young age? I've also noticed that the boys' marks are very representative of future talents rather than earned talents. Like how Shining Armors cutie marl represents him being protective of Twilight Sparkle, and how Big Macintoshs mark shows that he is the "man" of his family. What are your opinions?

I'll have to disagree with the cutie marks at birth. If I recall correctly, Applejack mentioned that Big Mac was last in his class to get his cutie mark.

There are relatively few characters of this type, and only a couple given any significant attention, which is most likely why we just don't see much about their cutie marks.

• Brohoof 4

I don't think so, I think its just we haven't been shown any scenes with very young stallions in times prior to their earning cutie marks.

Besides isn't twist a male? I always had the impression he is and he didn't have his cutie mark.

If not I still think flashbacks just don't go far enough back really. I don't think theres enough evidence for such a thing, and it doesn't really make much sense.

I also thought Shinning armors cutie mark was specialization in protection spells.

• Brohoof 2

That's a very good point! Although I think AJ mentioned that Big Mac was the last in his class to get a cutie mark. But I would like to see how Shining Armor got his CM, either I've forgotten or I simply have no idea where that was covered.

@100 beasts kaidou, I've already gotten into one argument with your today, but this comment deserves thumping:

Implying Big Mac is a,man. being around females make ya soft partner

el66o2.jpg

• Brohoof 4

He doesn't mean royal. I think a better word would be bulky. 

And I believe that there would be no difference on how cutie marks are earned for males.

Shining Armor's cutie mark represents protection and protective spells in general, not just being protective of any one pony. He shielded the entire city of Canterlot during the S2 Finale, and it would have held if he had not been weakened by the Cadence doppelganger. 

Big Mac's cutie mark is an apple, just like the rest of his family has apple-related cutie marks, and I would assume it's a larger apple because his talent would involve those larger apples specifically, perhaps. 

We don't know that anypony developed theirs early. That's just not something the writers are likely to delve into.

Besides, Pound Cake is male, and we would have noticed if he had had a cutie mark seconds after birth.

Edited by Flareon

Besides isn't twist a male? I always had the impression he is and he didn't have his cutie mark.

No, Twist is female. They referred to her as a 'her' several times in the episode.

I hope that didn't come off as rude, I was just trying to let you know. smile.png

• Brohoof 1

No, Twist is female. They referred to her as a 'her' several times in the episode.

I hope that didn't come off as rude, I was just trying to let you know. smile.png

Its cool, I wasn't really sure due to her more um nerdy voice idk she kinda sounded like a guy somewhat. Idk why Xd.

Its no problem though thanks for the info, it didn't come off as rude at all don't worry :).

I'm a girl lol and by "royal" I did mean bulky. Forgive me btw for forgetting what AJ said about Big Mac. I do know that the purple six pronged star within the sheild in Shining Armors represents Twilight. Faust herself said that. And as I said its just an opinion. ^_^ . I really do think Shining Armor may have been born with all or part of his though.

That would be cool but pretty unusual. Like, a child knowing right away what his destiny is? I don't know, but it sounds like a cool idea for a fanfic to me! <3

Unless the main character is an alicorn OC whose destiny is "tu saev teh univarz" and is a complete Mary Sue. :P

Anyhow,I thought it was implied that everypony earns ther cutie mark.I don't think the writers of the show would encourage sexism like that since it's basically saying that males are blessed with knowing what their destiny is while females have to find it. :V

LMAO! Didn't even think of it like that! "Oh yes, you sweet little girls, you have to charge off into the unknown and go through serious self doubt before you know your destiny! What's that? Your brother already has his destiny? Well, he's a man, what did you expect? Boys will be boys, darling! Now ta-ta!"

Edited by Ms. J. L. Snickers
  • Brohoof 1

I'm going to have to disagree with this idea. It just seems odd that a pony would have a cutie mark as soon as they were born when the this world is defined as trying deferent things and then getting their cute marks. Shinning Armor could have gotten his at a young age. Maybe protecting Twilight from something, like in a comic page I saw or maybe he was inspired by a guard he saw and just worked on deferent types of guard work.

We also have a male character in the show who is probably stronger then both Big Mac and Shining Armor. Pound Cake is super strong, but he does not have a CM. Not sure if this helps, but I thought I just remind everyone of him.

And just to add I really didn't mean to imply sexism. I got the notion from the BBBFF song and from what Lauren Faust said.

It just honestly seems odd to me that she said that but that Twily is so much younger than him. Perhaps he just didn't get his cutie mark until after she was born.

I always imagined there was some uber-heartwarming story behind Shining's cutie mark, involving him protecting Twilight from bullies or some such due to her introverted nature :) Hopefully there'll be an episode about that sometime.

And we saw Featherweight get his cutie mark at around the normal age in Ponyville Confidential, so combined with AJ's mention of Big Mac being last in his class, I think it's safe to assume that cutie marks work the same for both genders.

And just to add I really didn't mean to imply sexism. I got the notion from the BBBFF song and from what Lauren Faust said.

It just honestly seems odd to me that she said that but that Twily is so much younger than him. Perhaps he just didn't get his cutie mark until after she was born.

Oh,I know you didn't mean to imply sexism.I was just saying that I highly doubt the writers would encourage sexism like that in a kids show.It would be interesting if they did though. happy.png

Also,I just realized something.TC's theory only works with buff stallions.We've mentioned Pound Cake and Featherweight,but they're not buff.We need to find Steroid Pegasus's (I forget his name) backstory and confirm this.

• Brohoof 1

There could be a really heartwarming story behind it. Shining Armor wouldve had to get his cutie mark late because of the age differemce.though. I dont know. Maybe most Stallions are like Big Mac and get them a little bit late or something. I really do want to know how Shiming Armor got his cutie mark though. ^_^

Yes! Thank you CaptainBlue808. My theory is DEFINATELY applied to buff stallions only. ^_^ This is why I nicknamed them as having a "royal" build. All the guards and princes have this build. And you would think the guards would be born into families of guards. So why not be born with a cutie mark related to your birthright?

Pound Cake may be strong, but I don't think he can pull a house by the roots and drag it through Ponyville...All while bouncing.

Oh yeah. XD

I don't know about that. He was able to break a bathroom faucet with no problem and was able to drag Pinkie Pie all over Sugar cube corner. I could see him moving a house and bouncing it and it's also adorable.img-1304992-1-laugh.png

Edited by pinkiefan1287

It seems to me that all of the "royal" Stallions, meaning the big muscular ones like Big Mac, Prince Bluenlood, and Shining Armor himself might actually be born with their cutie marks! Do we ever see scense where they earn them? And do they not seem to have them at a very young age? I've also noticed that the boys' marks are very representative of future talents rather than earned talents. Like how Shining Armors cutie marl represents him being protective of Twilight Sparkle, and how Big Macintoshs mark shows that he is the "man" of his family. What are your opinions?

In the season 1 episode "Call of the Cutie," Apple Jack mentions that Big Mac was the last in his class to get a cutie mark. Furthermore, in the season 2 episode "Ponyville Confidential," it's mentioned that the colt Featherweight has just gotten his cutie mark. This is proof that stallions aren't born with cutie marks.

Edited by Clover Heart
  • Brohoof 1

This theory is relevant only to BUFF stallions. Stallions with bodies like Shining Armor, Prince Blueblood, and all of the other Knights of the Royal Guard. Big Mac has the build but he's also a normal earth pony so maybe that has something to do with it

This theory is relevant only to BUFF stallions. Stallions with bodies like Shining Armor, Prince Blueblood, and all of the other Knights of the Royal Guard. Big Mac has the build but he's also a normal earth pony so maybe that has something to do with it

Implying we even know anything about Adult Blueblood, neverless his childhood.

Hey I think I will make a fanfi about his childhood wih his father as Tirek/Grogar/Sombra

I guess stallions are usually raised to have a very strong metabolism so they could be very muscular I think.

Maybe, we will learn more about stallions.