Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you consider MLP FIM as your all time favorite cartoon?

~Silver Essence~

153 users have voted

1. 1. Would you consider MLP FIM your all time favorite?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

MLP is not my favorite of all time, It's just one that i like at the moment. My favorite is Daria (happy to see I wasn't the only one remembering this one) ! Another one at the top is Futurama :)

I would really love to say "YES" I really would but, unfortunately I would be lying through my teeth. Is it ONE of my many All Time Favorite cartoons? DEFINITELY!!!!!!! Is it my all time favorite cartoon on RIGHT NOW? PROBABLY!!!!!!! But, and this is a huge but I am old and back in the 90's and early 2000's I never really had too many friends, so I spent most of my downtime watching a LOT of cartoons. So, I can't honestly tell you that it's my all time favorite cartoon. But, what I can promise you is it's on my list of All Time Favorite Cartoons. :)

MLP FiM is the only cartoon I frequently watch. So I don't really have a large scale of choices, but if I had to say, I would say "No."

At the moment I'm getting into the Regular Show. It's one of those shows that isn't too childish and not a serious adult cartoon like Family Guy, or South Park.

~Luna

Well i don't consider MLP as my all time favorite cartoon.. actually my all time favorite cartoon is adventure time because season 4 of mlp isn't out yet...

Its in my top  Five but

its not my whole out of this

world mind blowing off acid

fav cartoon in the world when

it comes to usa cartoons.

1.Avatar:  Anng

2.Korra

3.How to Train your Dragon

4.My little pony

5.TMNT

Depends on a couple of things?  Is it purely by what you enjoy, or if it's the best written/constructed.animated series you've ever seen?  And does anime count? 

I would say that MLP:FiM is the western animated series that I have enjoyed the most.  But if you want to go purely by writing, animation, and other production values, then Batman:TAS and Justice League/Justice League Unlimited would beat it out.  And if anime is included, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood trumps both.

Voted No. Several shows still remain above MLP:FiM for me. Avatar: The Last Airbender takes the crown for me; that show is flawless.

So it turns out, a majority of you decided on no and yes. 

With yes, being just a bit higher than no, according to the results, I guess I'm still undecisive at the time.

I do want to say thanks to everyone who voted and commented, and such interesting cartoons you guys have choosen.

Absolutely not.  I've been a fan of anime for a long time before watching MLP, so I've got hundreds of shows to compare this one to.  I've always claimed ZOIDS as my favorite "cartoon", or any one of a dozen anime.

Setting anime aside and only comparing western animation, even then MLP doesn't take the top spot.  I'd probably put Avatar: The Last Airbender, Gargoyles, X-Men Evolution, and Invader Zim above MLP.  I also liked Dragon Booster, Silverwing, and W*I*T*C*H, but not sure if I'd place them above MLP.

• Brohoof 1

Unfortunately no but MLP is up there. Although hasbro has the number one spot as well for the original G1 Transformers series back in the 80s. 2nd would go to MLP and third is Disney's greatest cartoon ever DuckTales.

(edited)

MLP is definitely my current favorite. There's a handful of decent cartoon shows on TV today, but nothing comes close to My Little Pony, except for maybe Avatar/Legend of Korra series, but it's tough to compare them because they're just way too different. Avatar is more like an anime, with its deeper meaning, more story driven and action oriented content. MLP fits the definition of what I think a cartoon should be. In other words, they're both animation, but they're two totally different types of shows, and I love both for different reasons. I'm a lot more active in MLP fanbase though, so it's a safe bet that it's my preference anyway.

It's hard to say if MLP is my all-time favorite cartoon ever simply because there's been so many that I enjoyed growing up as a 90's kid who lived on Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network. However, this show has definitely been the most impactful, because it's easier for me to connect with it because of its amazing all-female cast. I can't think of one other cartoon that had a large female cast that didn't bug me at some point. The animation is definitely some of the best I've ever seen. And I'm a sucker for cutesy animal characters, so that definitely helps.

I'd probably go out on a limb and say that's it's my personal favorite cartoon ever, but it's close. I stopped watching cartoons years ago because of how bad they had become, but MLP revived my interest in kiddy shows that I probably shouldn't be watching at my age anyway, and now I'm just plain addicted to it.

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 1

Perhaps. I was pretty fond of Spongebob in my younger years. But yeah, maybe first or second. There might also be a couple of anime series I've seen that were very well done, but I can't think of any in particular at the moment.

Well, maybe... but I'm also debating wether Danny Phantom is my favorite cartoon too. 

I super intrigued by It's writing and characters when I was younger. Danny Phantom stole the show for original and lovable characters, and I always couldn't stop laughing at Tucker Foley's geekiness. happy.png The whole thing was wildly inventive and original, and I also loved his other cartoon back then to pieces also, Fairly Odd Parents. Unfortunately, Danny Phantom cancelled, and Fairly Odd Parents fell apart, but that doesn't mean that they weren't fantastic. Perhaps this generation of MLP will get outdated, or even, heck, MLP itself, but I know that a new show will always come around that I'll fall into again, and just plain appreciate and relate to it. So, no... I don't think I'll ever just stick to one favorite cartoon.

• Brohoof 1

Well, Tual doesn't have favourites in the cartoon section. Grew up with much too many! And I like too many! GAAHH.

Cartoons are the best type of shows out there, in my opinion. 

But, MLP FIM is high on my thought list of course. It may have dropped a tad over the course of season changings, but I still of course love the show to bits!~ 

Hmmm... Possibly, I am both a huge fan of MLP: FIM , but I am also a big fan of the television show on Disney "Gravity Falls." they both are great, and I could never choose.

Im not sure. I really love two animated shows. I, of course love MLP: FIM (duh), but I also really like the show Gravity Falls on Disney Channel. I could never choose.

Well my answer to this depends on what you consider a cartoon. If you count anime like Naruto, Bleach etc. then no, MLP:FIM is not my all time favorite cartoon.

As much as I love the stories and morals FiM carries with it, I find the show Naruto (at least the japanese Shippuden series) portrays it in a more appealing manner to me.

However I can say the MLP:FiM fandom is my favorite, but that's another matter! ;)

When I was a kid, every since my television got blacked out, I didn't get to watch Disney and Nick.

I have to stick with Cartoon Network, and that became my favorite channel.

I loved the originals (Dexter's Lab, PPG, Courage, Grim Adventures, Ed Edd and Eddy).

At the present time, I stick with Adventure Time and Regular Show (both well-written animated shows in my opinion).

I really don't consider MLP:FiM as my all-time favorite cartoon, since it will always be Phineas and Ferb (Heck, I even memorized the first 2 seasons of this show!)

I would say no, but it doesn't exclude from being such a meaniful cartoon like it is to many others. I have many favorites and well this series will eventually be dated like the previous generations, but I can see this cartoon will last many years after its main run due such a passionate fanbase and how timeless the show is written. I still have nostalgia for many of my favorites form the 90's, but it comes with being a kid growing up with cartoons of the period (Dexter's Lab, Courage The Cowardly Dog, PPG, Cow & Chicken, Ed Edd Eddy, etc). Kind of like the current period with MLP, Regular Show and Adventure Time.

• Brohoof 1

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic is my favorite cartoon tv show right now. But when I was just a filly I found it rather silly to not spend all days watching Pokémon. So yea, I was totally obsessed with Pokémon and I loved it sooo much. The same with Scooby Doo

Edited by Jokuc

I wouldn't say that FiM is my favorite cartoon ever, no. And especially not because of the fandom. I mean, the fandom is great... well, parts of it. Other parts, not so great. So the fandom is not a deciding factor for me. Personally, I think my favorite cartoon is a toss up between Daria and Teen Titans. FiM is great, but I wouldn't really call it a deep show. The lessons are nice, the characters are fun, the music great, and the voice acting awesome. And yeah, the stories in the episodes are nice, but because of the target audience, there's frequently a lack of continuity. Anyway, FiM may be a great show, but not my favorite.