Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

44 minutes ago, Sir Punicpunch said:

Also Hearthstone.

Plants vs Zombies here. Plus upcoming finals and a bunch of homework to finish, on top of a bunch of doctors I also have to visit afterwards. Guess how my week is gonna go.

Just now, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Plants vs Zombies here. Plus upcoming finals and a bunch of homework to finish, on top of a bunch of doctors I also have to visit afterwards. Guess how my week is gonna go.

Busily.

Just now, Sir Punicpunch said:

Busily.

I want the academic year to end so bad so I can finally go splat on the ground in exhaustion and hopefully not worry about my mental status or capabilities to the point of depression.

• Brohoof 1

Whelp, after a fun and exciting trip.  I am back home. Well.... I got home yesterday, I have just been sitting and doing nothing today. Visited every new england state plus Canada, and even got North and South Carolina added to my state bucket list.

Now I gotta get back to work sadly tomorrow... But.. My next big thing is moving out. I am tired of living with my parents heh

44 minutes ago, Lil'Cinnamon said:

Whelp, after a fun and exciting trip.  I am back home. Well.... I got home yesterday, I have just been sitting and doing nothing today. Visited every new england state plus Canada, and even got North and South Carolina added to my state bucket list.

Now I gotta get back to work sadly tomorrow... But.. My next big thing is moving out. I am tired of living with my parents heh

Kinda wish I could drive around the area for fun, but a kjghpillion things happened right before finals even began.

37 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Kinda wish I could drive around the area for fun, but a kjghpillion things happened right before finals even began.

You could at some point.. What areas of the US would you wanna explore? I wouldn't mind going to California to explore. (I wouldn't wanna live there, I know you do but I wouldn't want to. xD) Califonia, Oregon, Washington, and the other western states. I need to complete my map, here...

states2sm.png

My goal is to eventually turn all the states blue, including alaska and Hawaii. The only states I have NOT set hoof in is Nevada and Wisconsin, (obviously Alaska and Hawaii too) But the rest I have been to. California was only for a trip to disneyland when I was younger... West Virginia I only pass through the small sliver in between Ohio and Pennsylvania on a family trip. Manitoba was 10 minutes.. And North Dakota I don't remember being there at all, though that same trip my parents said I have been there I remember the other states just not that one.

15 minutes ago, Pinkie_Pi said:

I noticed Wisconsin mentioned.  There's a MLP convention in late October.  It's in Milwaukee, called Ciderfest.  

I need to go up there at some point, I have a friend in that area and I want to check that state off my list.

Also welcome to the forums! I saw you on the welcome thread so I may as well say welcome here!

• Brohoof 1

This is my first year going to Ciderfest, and I am volunteering with the children's events.  I haven't met all of the staff in person yet, but online they all seem very nice and we'll organized.

16 minutes ago, Lil'Cinnamon said:

You could at some point.. What areas of the US would you wanna explore? I wouldn't mind going to California to explore. (I wouldn't wanna live there, I know you do but I wouldn't want to. xD) Califonia, Oregon, Washington, and the other western states. I need to complete my map, here...

I can't find any formal names for the subregions of SoCal, but I've been to, lived in, and drove through a lot of them; mainly the San Diego, Los Angeles, San Bernardino and Riverside, San Francisco, Bakersfield, and Coachella Valley areas. Only other state I ever visited was Nevada and technically Arizona. One of these days, I just wanna drive all over the place. Can't even remember the route we took going to San Francisco.

capture_socal_map.thumb.png.e75e5e5640c86ae66da9709284d976b8.png

OK, know what? There is a name for one of the regions, but it's the collective name for two adjacent counties: Inland Empire.

The biggest gripe I've had growing up was moving to the middle of nowhere where there were no big roads or big power lines or even trains to be seen, and I loved seeing them all the time; only times I ever got to see them was during those rare times we get to go on vacation or something. Sure, there's wind turbines, but it get boring after a while. At least now, I get to see this more often:

29 minutes ago, Pinkie_Pi said:

This is my first year going to Ciderfest, and I am volunteering with the children's events.  I haven't met all of the staff in person yet, but online they all seem very nice and we'll organized.

Ah that's nice. Well if you want a pony to chat with I am always here. ^^ Welcome to toe site, and that is cool!

22 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

I can't find any formal names for the subregions of SoCal, but I've been to, lived in, and drove through a lot of them; mainly the San Diego, Los Angeles, San Bernardino and Riverside, San Francisco, Bakersfield, and Coachella Valley areas. Only other state I ever visited was Nevada and technically Arizona. One of these days, I just wanna drive all over the place. Can't even remember the route we took going to San Francisco.

OK, know what? There is a name for one of the regions, but it's the collective name for two adjacent counties: Inland Empire.

The biggest gripe I've had growing up was moving to the middle of nowhere where there were no big roads or big power lines or even trains to be seen, and I loved seeing them all the time; only times I ever got to see them was during those rare times we get to go on vacation or something. Sure, there's wind turbines, but it get boring after a while. At least now, I get to see this more often:

Oh I see, that's cool. I need to visit California some day, I mean gas prices will be through the roof due to too much tax, but I wanna see San Fransisco, and some of the other areas. I better avoid sketchtown though in each city. And same here, I wish there were big power lines here. What are the biggest ones you enjoyed seeing?

18 minutes ago, Lil'Cinnamon said:

Oh I see, that's cool. I need to visit California some day, I mean gas prices will be through the roof due to too much tax, but I wanna see San Fransisco, and some of the other areas. I better avoid sketchtown though in each city. And same here, I wish there were big power lines here. What are the biggest ones you enjoyed seeing?

The weirdest/biggest ones I've ever seen were in the LA area and towards it. I'll post the links.

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.0531712,-118.2290327,3a,75y,191.58h,92.2t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sBI1-RDaBdM_96gmiUZD6og!2e0!7i13312!8i6656 - How did they cram three circuits onto one tower?

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.3136351,-118.488435,3a,75y,251.8h,82.91t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s_gzNCz2JDuzio0JzUliedw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656 - Includes a rare sighting of an HVDC line.

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.0776662,-117.239348,3a,60y,76.26h,120.66t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sm35TnsLvn9gXhA7mw5_VcQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656 - Only just found the substation/power plant these things come from.

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.370557,-117.5532999,3a,75y,29.65h,67.5t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s3uOW6KQ5948vEvwZs9CiHA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656 - Used to go by this all the time when I was younger (like 4 years old), and never even knew it was a nuclear power plant.

24 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

The weirdest/biggest ones I've ever seen were in the LA area and towards it. I'll post the links.

Those are nice! The first one you posted, the towers are quite plentiful in Colorado, at least the Denver area. Here is a picture I took back when I was still living there before I moved here.

101_2207.JPG

The circuit with the polymer one I think was added after the original tower. I used to explore the lines all the time when I still lived there, but I haven't done that here cause there aren't as many, There are a lot by the dam but most of them kinda disperse and kinda go to different areas out of reach.

14 hours ago, Sir Punicpunch said:

I am dead.

This weekend killed me.

Monday will bury me.

Save me a spot in the cemetery.

No, I said to myself once that I would be cremated when I die. Just scatter my ashes somewhere or turn it into a diamond or make a statue out of it.

19 hours ago, Count Paradox said:

For a while, yeah. Saw an old friend had PMd me, so...

Hai Hai. Long time noo speakers. How are you doing? And... I have two days off, after three days of work after my vacation. I got some work to do the next to days though around the house.

1 hour ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

RIP in pieces context. And quotes. And my sanity.

Hai Ganny, here, have a cinnyboop. -boops-

5 hours ago, Miss H said:

Why would you ever willingly go to Tenneessee and stay there for any amount of time for any reason.

This place sucks, stay away from it.

Also fuck quoting things.

Who are you talking to? And what do you mean by that? xD I mean on my trip I only cut through Memphis on the way back here cause it was the fastest way. Memphis is meh, though other parts of Tennessee aren't bad I'd guess. The state is only a 3 and a half hour drive away from me and all.