Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

Just now, Cloggedone said:

Charter used to have a policy where you couldn't bring your own modem and had to use the one they provide.

I think they calmed down on that after they bought Time Warner Cable and Bright House, but I'm getting conflicting reports from their customer service. I've heard yes and no.

Oh, I see...

I don't know much about ISPs so I really have no idea.

1 hour ago, gali-la said:

I'm really struggling to try to decide if I should buy a 3ds/2ds. I'm suddenly very tempted now that Metroid Samus Returns has been announced. 

Make it a 3ds if anything. 2ds is kind of a waste of money.

• Brohoof 1

22 hours ago, Cloggedone said:

You mean that thing Charter says I cannot use my own of, yet I still use anyway?

Fucking... probably.

Cause I can't use the damn thing and it pisses me the hell off.

22 hours ago, Cloggedone said:

Charter used to have a policy where you couldn't bring your own modem and had to use the one they provide.

I think they calmed down on that after they bought Time Warner Cable and Bright House, but I'm getting conflicting reports from their customer service. I've heard yes and no.

It's Spectrum now. And with the new name comes a "spectrum" of new problems.

Edited by Sir Punicpunch

Just now, Sir Punicpunch said:

Fucking... probably.

Cause I can't use the damn thing and it pisses me the hell off.

It's Spectrum now. And with the new name comes a "spectrum" of new problems.

I don't know, I'm just guessing I can use mine because I was on Bright House Networks before they became Spectrum, and they allowed you to bring your own. Maybe things are different on the Charter and TWC ends.

I don't know, I'm just guessing I can use mine because I was on Bright House Networks before they became Spectrum, and they allowed you to bring your own. Maybe things are different on the Charter and TWC ends.

TWC is Spectrum, not Bright House.

I think, I dunno, I just want the damn thing to work.

Just now, Sir Punicpunch said:

TWC is Spectrum, not Bright House.

I think, I dunno, I just want the damn thing to work.

TWC and Bright House became Spectrum. They all became one company.

2 minutes ago, Sir Punicpunch said:

Oh... cool.

Anyways, do you know how I can figure out why my ports are closed after being forwarded?

I don't know on the TWC end since Charter tends to operate their accquired ISPs on their old network (instead of merging them into their own network). It's basically like they're still their own ISP, just with a new name. I'd guess TWC's IPs are NATed, which I don't get fully since I don't have THAT certification... yet.

I don't know on the TWC end since Charter tends to operate their accquired ISPs on their own network (instead of merging them into their own network). It's basically like they're still their own ISP, just with a new name. I'd guess TWC's IPs are NATed, which I don't get fully since I don't have THAT certification... yet.

Okay, well... Maybe I'll try contacting tech support again then.

Just now, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

@Cloggedone, so I poked my head into ST for the first time in forever. Yeah...

Also, guys, does this look OK to you? I say this since I have an IPS monitor and you probably have TN monitors instead.

capture_ezerona_request_wip.thumb.PNG.01893e2df5e818cb93b7248f7319fa6f.PNG

The body kinda looks a bit too small, but that's really the only issue I can see.

5 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

@Cloggedone, so I poked my head into ST for the first time in forever. Yeah...

Also, guys, does this look OK to you? I say this since I have an IPS monitor and you probably have TN monitors instead.

capture_ezerona_request_wip.thumb.PNG.01893e2df5e818cb93b7248f7319fa6f.PNG

Simpleism. Nice.

I don't even know what my display name is on ST anymore. I used to have it under Suzaku (the one character in Code Geass that Code MENT made really, really dumb), but I cannot find out what it is now.

Just now, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Oh, I'm not sure if you've ever seen my new art style at all. Here's some samples, and yes, I did take a 5760*1080 screenshot.

capture_flatdesign_samples.thumb.PNG.10687259e09304f2cfe878a18b9405ae.PNG

That middle one makes me think of something like in a design framework (Material, maybe?). Same with that last one.

That middle one makes me think of something like in a design framework (Material, maybe?). Same with that last one.

I think you're thinking material design, which is something for app GUIs. It's just regular old flat design; I'm too much of a fan of it, and I've used some of these pics in some of my own assignments.

@Cloggedone, I also tried this search query:

site:community.simtropolis.com/profile/ suzaku

1 hour ago, Sir Punicpunch said:

Finally.

It's Friday, and I'm going to sit back, relax, and probably message tech support later.

41 minutes ago, Olly said:

finally it's friday. I can sit back, relax, and nvm still busy all weekend

Moving day is upcoming so I can't have any of that.