Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music So whos your fav group

♥рluмъзяяy♥

(edited)

If it wasn't obvious enough, my favorite band is the almighty powerhouse of rock, ACDC, a band which originated in Australia in 1973 and for 40 years has been rocking around the globe with their world famous songs. And they're still going!

When it comes to top hits, I really can't say what the all time greatest hit is, because that's very opinionated, however, I would have to say that my all time favorite songs (both of which are their hits) would have to be Highway to Hell and Back in Black. I can't choose one, because both of them are sung by different singers, both of which I love very much.

The cool thing about ACDC, is that they never give up. As Angus Young (lead guitarist) even said himself, "We're not going down without a fight". Proof of this is the fact that the band has went through over 20 members, including their singer, the late Bon Scott (may he rock in peace) who was replaced by the legendary Brian Johnson. Many bands would quit after their singer died, but not ACDC. In fact, Angus Young and Malcolm Young are the only original members!

The second awesome thing about ACDC is that they've never stopped playing "good ole rock 'n' roll". Unlike some bands, ACDC has stuck to their recipe for success, never letting fans down with their raw power. Their album "Back in Black" has claimed around 50 million copies sold, topping at the second best selling album of all time.

The boys in the band themselves get along real well. From left to right, Brian Johnson, singer, Cliff Williams, bass player Angus Young, lead guitarist (This dude is so badass I can't even begin to say) Phil Rudd, drummer, and last but very not least, Malcolm Young, rhythm guitarist.

img-1351016-1-ac_dc_band-1600x900_zps792

And here is Bon Scott, the bands' first singer.

img-1351016-2-Ronald-Belford-Bon-Scott-J

And lastly, if you're interested, here's some of their songs you should check out.

Back in Black

Highway to Hell

For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)

You Shook me all Night Long

Thunderstruck

Shoot to Thrill

Hells Bells

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

Jailbreak

High Voltage

T.N.T

Let There be Rock

Sin City

Riff Raff

Dog eat Dog

Moneytalks

That's the way I Wanna Rock 'n' Roll

Who Made Who

Rising Power

Sink the Pink

Shake Your Foundations

Ballbreaker

Rock 'n' Roll Train

Whole Lotta Rosie

Go Down

Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be

Big Gun

Edit: I really should put at least one song from every album. So even though Stiffe Upper Lip wasn't their best album, I would say go check out Satellite Blues and Safe in New York City. img-1351016-3-wink.png

You cats like videos? Cause I like videos. Have a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkPI5i8qTcs

If you don't want to watch the whole video, than all I ask then is that you skip to 4:30.

Not many people can play guitar with one hand, that's for sure. Almost nobody can play guitar with their tongue.

Edited by Angus Young
  • Brohoof 4

I constantly get a new favorite band of mine, though as of now my favorite band is Nine Inch Nails, as for NIN's greatest song, that's kind of tough to say though I'm pretty sure that the majority of people would say Closer, at least that's the song that I would choose. They went on hiatus for a while though now they've started touring again, so yeah, hopefully there will be new material by them.

Queen

Queen in concert, 1984.

John Deacon (far left), Freddie Mercury (centre stage), Brian May (foreground), Roger Taylor (drums)

Background information

Origin London, England, United Kingdom

Genres Rock

Years active 1970[1]–present[2]

Labels Capitol, Parlophone, EMI, Hollywood, Island, Elektra

Associated acts Smile, The Cross, Queen + Paul Rodgers, David Bowie, Adam Lambert

Website queenonline.com

Members Brian May

Roger Taylor

Past members Freddie Mercury

John Deacon

See also: Early members

Queen are a British rock band formed in London in 1970, originally consisting of Freddie Mercury (lead vocals, piano), Brian May (guitar, vocals), John Deacon (bass guitar), and Roger Taylor (drums, vocals). Queen's earliest works were influenced by progressive rock, hard rock and heavy metal, but the band gradually ventured into more conventional and radio-friendly works, incorporating more diverse and innovative styles in their music.

Before joining Queen, Brian May and Roger Taylor had been playing together in a band named Smile with bassist Tim Staffell. Freddie Mercury (then known as Farrokh/Freddie Bulsara) was a fan of Smile, and encouraged them to experiment with more elaborate stage and recording techniques after Staffell's departure in 1970. Mercury himself joined the band shortly thereafter, changed the name of the band to "Queen", and adopted his familiar stage name. John Deacon was recruited prior to recording their eponymous debut album (1973). Queen enjoyed success in the UK with their debut and its follow-up, Queen II (1974), but it was the release of Sheer Heart Attack (1974) and A Night at the Opera (1975) that gained the band international success. The latter featured "Bohemian Rhapsody", which stayed at number one in the UK Singles Chart for nine weeks; it charted at number one in several other territories, and gave the band their first top ten hit on the US Billboard Hot 100. Their 1977 album, News of the World, contained two of rock's most recognisable anthems, "We Will Rock You" and "We Are the Champions". By the early 1980s, Queen were one of the biggest stadium rock bands in the world, and their performance at 1985's Live Aid is regarded as one of the greatest in rock history. In 1991, Mercury died of bronchopneumonia, a complication of AIDS, and Deacon retired in 1997. Since then, May and Taylor have infrequently performed together, including a collaboration with Paul Rodgers under the name Queen + Paul Rodgers which ended in May 2009.

The band have released a total of 18 number one albums, 18 number one singles, and 10 number one DVDs. Estimates of their album sales generally range from 150 million to 300 million albums, making them one of the world's best-selling music artists. They received a Lifetime Achievement Award from the British Phonographic Industry in 1990, and were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2001.

post-14523-0-81887300-1365453977.jpg

post-14523-0-75120900-1365453988.jpg

• Brohoof 2

Band Group: Daft Punk

Top Hit: There are so many, but I would say One More Time, Da Funk or Around The World

Got Together: 1993

Split Up in: HAHAHAHAHA, NEVER!

Although, I have a lot of favorite artists... huh.png

Like Justice, DJ Falcon, Modjo, SimGretina, Kraftwerk.... laugh.png 

• Brohoof 3

Freddie Mercury said

" have you heard queen is breaking up *boos in the crowd*

You know what say *swears* no we are gonna do this until we die"

And they do..........

Freddie Mercury said

" have you heard queen is breaking up *boos in the crowd*

You know what say *swears* no we are gonna do this until we die"

And they did..........

Hello!

Well, if I really need to fill out the form... :P

Band: Ozzy Osbourne

Top Hit: Crazy Train, Mr Crowley.

Got Together: 1980

Sure, i love almost everything that Ozzy did. Black Sabbath also is a huge inspiration to me, but the most inspiring songs to me were definately from the first 2 albums of his Solo career.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

SUMMER NIGHT CITY is actually my fav ABBA song cause its really disco sort of and I like disco songs wait why did I say that?

Im so weird

And I thought "Disco" was defined by songs like "I will survive", "hot stuff", "staying alive" (bee gees in general)...

My favourite band is "SSS" (Siamese Sex Show, a horrible unfitting name) by the way, it´s a band from the 90s, they mainly did a mix of RnB, rock with a bit of rap with it, very smooth music, though.

Edited by Friendship_Cannon

(edited)

Hmmmmmmmmm........

Group: My Chemical Romance

Top Hit: I'm going to say "Welcome to the Black Parade"

Got Together: 2001

Split Up: 20013

I absolutely love their music. I love the song meanings. I love the band overall. I love Gerard Way's voice the most ^.^

MdHeUl1.jpg

Edited by Eureka
  • Brohoof 1

The Beatles!

My all time favorite band all around. The way they write the lyrics, and how they delve into deep meaningful lyrics in their later lifespan of the group. Such a unique style that few to none have ever been able to replicate. They also have such a diverse amount of songs that mix genres that makes it very easy to listen to.

Without a doubt my favorite band. They didn't necessarily have a 'Top Hit', but their most covered song is Yesterday. (Know that by heart for some reason)

They lasted pretty much through the 60's, but exact dates were getting together in 1958, but Ringo didn't join till around 1962. They broke up in late 1969 or 1970 (One of those, I forgot). Then they legally broke up in 1975.

• Brohoof 1

Band: The Clash

Top Hit: Every Song in London Calling

Got Together: 1976

Split Up in: 1986

Band: Gorillaz

Top Hit: Tomorrow Comes Today and November Has Come

Got Together: 1998

Band: Green Day

Top Hit: At The Library and Basket Case

Got Together: 1987

These have to be my favorite Bands overall

and even though green day isnt punk anymore they're still awesome in my book.

Name: Depeche Mode

Top Hit: They have a few that could qualify...so instead I'll list my top three favorites.

Got together: 1981 (I think)

Split up: Still together. They just released a new album.

Depeche+Mode+103.jpg

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm... I have a mix of favorites

-My chemical romance

-Paramore

- Bon Jovi

-Fall Out Boy

-Skrillex

tongue.png Im a fan of I guess Punk music. I'm not a big fan of rap or pop though. I'm sort of a fan of dubstep. I also listen to some classics like Billy Joel or Frank Sinatra.

I <3 Paramore if I was to pick newer music I have a CD of them :)

Fall out boy has new SONGS YAYA

Bon Jovi :)

those are awesome bands so big thumbs up :)

Well I've got a good bit of music I listen to from various artists. I think some of my favorites are skillet, red, thousand foot Krutch, and breaking Benjamin, although I like a lot of other ones I didnt mention.

Band: The Beatles

Top Hit: Yesterday/Hey Jude/Let it Be

Got Together: Originally 1958. Their most famous line up (John, Paul, George, Ringo) didn't begin until 1962

Split up: 1970

I love The Beatles because of how masterful some of the lyrics are, both the meaningful ones and the not so meaningful songs. Really pay attention to some of the lyrics. Also, each member could play music and could play it well. And I love her how diverse the songs were. There are acoustic ballads, fast rock n roll songs, country/western influenced music, psychadelic experimentation, whatever Revolution 9 is, blues, silly songs such as Yellow Submarine, orchestral numbers, Indian style music, the list goes on.

Edited by Dr. Callisto

My avatar kind of gives it away i guess

Band: Periphery

Top Hit: Scarlet/Make Total Destroy/Jetpacks Was Yes!

Got Together: 2005

Periphery is one hell of a band, their awesome vocalist Spencer Sotelo has absolutely incredible clean vocals, especially for someone who's self-taught and their 3 guitarists, Misha Mansoor, Jake Bowen and Mark Holcomb write really creative and crazy sounding guitar riffs that never cease to impress me.

Here's some of my favourite songs by them:

Edited by ThatFinnMetalhead

Band: Sigur Ros 

Top hit: Hoppipolla

Got together: 1994

Split up: Never still a very active group smile.png

Going to see them live in November can't freaking wait! smile.png

• Brohoof 1

I'm pretty much a fan of most '80s metal, particularly NWOBHM, thrash, power, and speed metal. With such a wide range of different sounds that come with these genres, it's very difficult to choose a band to call a definitive favorite. But if there's one band I can listen to no matter what kind of mood I'm in (although it's most effective when I'm pissed off), it's:

Band: Slayer

Top Hit: Probably Mandatory Suicide, though my own top 3 would be Angel of Death, God Send Death, and Silent Scream.

Got together: 1981

Split up: Never, these old bastards are still going strong! \m/

2125346163_l.jpg

Band: Altan Urag

Top Hit: Davalgaa ijii Mongol

Got Together:2002

Split Up in

g69729wfiaq.jpg

Band: Sweet People

Top Hit: Une Chanson Italienne

Got Together: 1977

Split Up in

Edited by Ulrik Raben

• 5 months later...

At the moment

Band: Queen

Top Hits: Bohemian Rhapsody, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, Another One Bits the Dust, We Will Rock You, We are the Champions

Got Together: 1970 England

Still together all though two members are no longer in the music industry (Freddie Mercury and John Deacon)

post-7528-0-08757700-1381020670_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1