Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

BIG Update about Equestria Girls

Red Diamond

This has been confirmed by a mate of mine, Equestria Girls will not interfere with regular MLP. They are competing against the Monster Girls dolls, in the toyline. I am greatly relieved about this. What do you guy's opinion about this? Discuss it below!

EDIT: And it is premiering on the Hub.

Edited by Night Light

Haha because what friends tells you is always true, right?

You need a reliable source if you are going to put out an argument like this one, mate.

Anyhow, wether this is some of your friend's speculations or not,  I believe that this might be correct.

Of course it is premiering on the hub. They announced it themselves with those pictures they put out there. Equestria Girls will air, just not anytime soon. I would say somewhere in 2014.

• Brohoof 1

I would believe you, but this little tidbit just popped up on Equestria Daily: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/04/hasbro-2012-report-pony-theme-growth.html#idc-container

It says that "In 2013, the magical storytelling behind our global animation will focus on an all-new theme and we will unveil an entirely new intellectual property based on the brand." It will unveil and entirely new property based on the brand. Sounds like Equestria Girls will, effect MLP to me.

/)

I would believe you, but this little tidbit just popped up on Equestria Daily: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/04/hasbro-2012-report-pony-theme-growth.html#idc-container

It says that "In 2013, the magical storytelling behind our global animation will focus on an all-new theme and we will unveil an entirely new intellectual property based on the brand." It will unveil and entirely new property based on the brand. Sounds like Equestria Girls will, effect MLP to me.

/)

Not...really. They're saying the staff who worked on Project A, categorized under 'MLP:FiM' will be refocusing their efforts on Project B, also under 'MLP:FiM'. The wording sounds intrusive but it's really not. It's already been stated numerous times that this is a totally separate show, doing fairly different things, so, frankly, if it influences MLP for you, you're letting it to some degree, because it's not trying to re-create MLP, it's just an optional branch you can either accept or deny.

As a side point, a toy company like Hasbro making a spin-off on a cash cow, in order to compete against other toys doesn't sound very implausible, even if there isn't tangible articles or anything at the moment to provide proof.

• Brohoof 4

/)

"an all-new theme." probably refers to the fact that Season 4 is going to be completely different from the rest of the series due to Twilight being a princess now, or could also be referring to the new theme song. Doesn't have anything to do With Equestria Girls.

"We will unveil an entirely new intellectual property based on the brand." This just means that Equestria Girls is a new IP. That's it. There's nothing here that implies that it will effect MLP.

• Brohoof 2

"an all-new theme." probably refers to the fact that Season 4 is going to be completely different from the rest of the series due to Twilight being a princess now, or could also be referring to the new theme song. Doesn't have anything to do With Equestria Girls.

"We will unveil an entirely new intellectual property based on the brand." This just means that Equestria Girls is a new IP. That's it. There's nothing here that implies that it will effect MLP.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up for me. I am not crazy about the whole Equestria Girls thing, but I'll give it a chance. Thanks so much.

/)

• Brohoof 2

My guess is EqG will be like the various cartoons based on the same comics that Marvel tends to run all at once and kinda do it's own thing independent of it's counterpart. The wording in that EqD post is saying their revealing a new IP, not updating a existing one, so it may be like the way Highlander ran at the same time as it's animated series, but they both did their own thing. 

It almost sounds like they just want to make a whole new IP, and they're just using the MLP paint-job to piggyback on a big name. 

Edited by Shoboni

• 2 weeks later...

Hasbro's purpose is to sell toys to little kids.  Hasbro's Hub network's purpose is to sell toys to little kids.  The shows appearing on Hasbro's Hub network's purpose is to sell toys to little kids.  MLP:FiM's purpose is to sell toys to little girls.  In a rare, unique happy twist of fate, the random assortment of producers, artists, songwriters, voice talent, animators, and everyone else involved in the show - are a wonderful assortment who have earned themselves a passionate fandom of adults.  Lauren Faust gets much of the credit for this happening.

Hasbro will of course go on to produce some other TV show, whose main purpose will be to sell toys to little kids.  If such a show is loosely based on MLP:FiM or not, it's no real concern of mine.  If someone is trying to attract an adult fandom and recreate what happened with MLP:FiM, then I'll take a look and see what I think.

• Brohoof 1

This has been confirmed by a mate of mine, Equestria Girls will not interfere with regular MLP. They are competing against the Monster Girls dolls, in the toyline. I am greatly relieved about this. What do you guy's opinion about this? Discuss it below!

EDIT: And it is premiering on the Hub.

I looked up "monster girls" on google, since i wanted to know what you were tallking about... i suggest no one looks them up before the age of 18. lol.

• Brohoof 1

I looked up "monster girls" on google, since i wanted to know what you were tallking about... i suggest no one looks them up before the age of 18. lol.

Oh, I love me some monster girls. Especially Arachne, Lamia, and Slime :)

Anyway, we don't even know if it's a show yet. A while back, they implied it would be a movie (they might've said it outright, I don't remember), and as far as I know, there's been nothing to indicate that is a show.

Anyway, yet more support for the fact that it most likely won't be MLP canon. Plenty of shows have non-canon movies :/

As long at it isn't interfering with the show then I guess I'm all for it. But since it will start competing in the toy industry, we don't have to be worried about that.