Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Spike Fan Club

Shift

Hub

sig-1383515.i_of_course_mean_me_by_galek

This is Spike. Unlike other characters of the cast, he's a dragon! Commonly known as Twilight Sparkle's number one assistant, he can use his flame breath to send and receive letters from the princess. He's a baby dragon, however he's around the age of the mane six. Twilight is like a mother to him, and his best buddy, Owlowiscious, is a brother, not to mention his pet phoenix Peewee. However, due to being a dragon, his greed can get ahead of him. He's sensitive to being replaced, as it's his worst fear, which is one of the main reasons it took a bit to get along with Owlowiscious. His biggest secret; which you better not tell anypony; is that he has a crush... on Rarity! Gosh, who would've guessed?! Despite being carried away at times, and being a bit of a klutz, he's everypony's reliable and favorite dragon!

The Dragon Code:
1. No spamming posts to become the biggest Spike fan.
2. No NSFW, or Not Safe for Work content allowed in the Spike Gang.
3. Why'd you post a Rarity picture here? I know Spike thinks Rarity is hot stuff, but please post Rarity in the Rarity fan club. This club is for only Spike to bask in glory.
4. Do not hate on another fan club/pony: ESPECIALLY Spike. But Spike is so awesome that no one would hate on him anyway.
  An example would be like if you went onto the Rainbow Dash fanclub and said 'Spike is so much better'! I mean, it is true, but you should talk about how awesome Spike is here, not there
5. I have the fabulous ability to decide if you are doing something inappropriate. If I ask you to stop, please, stahp.
6. All of MLP Forums rules still apply here.

7. Ah! My eyes! Don't post anything inappropriate or explicit! Two ponies (or one pony and one dragon... hint, the pony is a unicorn with purple hair) kissing is cool, but any farther than that is a no-go. Children come on here, think of them. Think of their pure and innocent, not-yet-introduced-to-what-yuri-hentai-or-yaoi-is minds!

8. If somepony saves your life, you are in their eternal debt.

We highly advise you to show off fanart/fictions/videos. And obviously if they are shown off, Spike must be the central point.

Pony Dragon Post of The Week: N/A
Biggest Fan: N/A

Tomiix inspired Spike, who inspired me to make this fan club. So go give him a thanks or something else.

Edited by Shift
  • Brohoof 14

Okay I freaking love Spike and always refer to him as best pony. Not only is he just a lovable character but he's the kind of character that can be in genuinely funny situations without being out of place.

• Brohoof 1

I think Spike is going to play a role in keeping Twilight sane in Season 4. I have a feeling that "baby dragon mode" will be phased out, and he'll show some serious growth (mental, not physical...but who knows?) in the next 26 episodes.

I see him having a heart-to-heart of sorts with Celestia re: Twilight at some point. He's gone to her in the past when Twilight's been a little off, but I think we might actually see a scene with the two of them.

I believe Spike is the most complexed character in the show.ohmy.png

Why you might ask? Because of his backstory. How did he come into the ponies' care? Where are his mother and father? Will he ever find them?

Post people's reactions to this:396915_463214330365058_2102533688_n.jpg

But, Spike is awesome. I'll like to be in the fanclub.

• Brohoof 4

ooo I love spike hes just a funny character. I'm sure hes the best character thats not a pony :). I love his lazyness at times and how hard he tries to get Jewels or when he hits on Rarity

Spike is an awesome character, second best character who is not a pony (Gilda is the best non-pony) and is so awesome, I think he deserves some fanart that I found.

AgiftforSpike.png

• Brohoof 5

I'm a fan of Spike the Dragon!

SpikeMovie-3.jpg

I'm going for the Dragon Post of The Week with this one! Also, to toss in for the Biggest Fan, I've been a fan of Spike for around 15 years! biggrin.png

Edited by MyLittlePonyTales
  • Brohoof 2

I love spike! He comes just before Rainbow Dash in my favorite characters of the series. I like all of them so it's so hard to choose but spike is definitely one of my favorites.

Don't ask how I know this, but...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_My_Little_Pony:_Friendship_Is_Magic_characters

Under this Wikipedia entry and the description of Rarity, it used to say:

"She realizes Spike's crush on her, and she is extremely fond of him."

It now says:

"She realizes Spike's crush on her, and she is fond of him at times."

Can't anypony make up their mind?! :D

• Brohoof 1

Spike gen. 1: Never watched gen 1, but I do like the design of Spike.

Spike Gen. 3: ...

Spike Gen 4: Spike is one of the best side characters in the entire show! I simply adore spike!

Have a cute picture of Spike

Canterlot_Castle_Spike_2.png

Also, Spike is one of the cutest characters in the world! Just look at that face!

• Brohoof 5

• 8 months later...

*cracks knuckles*

Let's revive this thread!

First: Have some art!

large.png

He's my favorite character. Period. Sarcastic, yet caring, responsible and... simply a character I can really relate to.

So I say...

Spike is best pony! Even though he's a dragon! He's that awesome!

• Brohoof 3

• 3 weeks later...

This thread has a criminally low post count. Let's change that!

Spike is constantly mistreated by his friends, and he's an afterthought far too often...

5paVKJ1.jpg

And he may be greedy at times...

RQ9Gw9e.png

But that doesn't stop him from being awesome and the best character in the show! He's always there for his friends no matter what,

4GlfVFg.jpg

He's my favorite character because I love his humor, his antics, and I can relate to him often. Here's to Best Dragon!

ksTfEYU.jpg

• Brohoof 4

• 1 month later...

Wait... WHY HAVEN'T I SEEN THIS BEFORE

Nooooo! We must have more Spikie!

It's time to officially get this fan club on the road. Better late than never, right? I shall never let this fan club die or on my own head be it.

hero_by_kp_shadowsquirrel-d779fex.png

• Brohoof 5

Nooooo! We must have more Spikie!

It's time to officially get this fan club on the road. Better late than never, right? I shall never let this fan club die or on my own head be it.

I'm with ya on this one! Spike fans, wake up and let's inject some life into this thread

bKUYUaq.png

• Brohoof 2

What do you club members think of Spikeabuse? Personally, I think it's really funny whenever he's the subject of slapstick or characters are really cruel to him but I know lots of Spike lovers hate it. I'm not asking this to troll, I'm generally curious what you guys think because I love cartoons with slapstick and I don't have to hate the character for it to be funny when they experience pain.  :)

What do you club members think of Spikeabuse? Personally, I think it's really funny whenever he's the subject of slapstick or characters are really cruel to him but I know lots of Spike lovers hate it. I'm not asking this to troll, I'm generally curious what you guys think because I love cartoons with slapstick and I don't have to hate the character for it to be funny when they experience pain.  :)

it gets repetitive. it's a little irritating when he's knocked around and his achievements are generally forgotten but as long as they don't overdue on it then it would be alright to have a few slapstick jokes every now and then but they usually do it at the wrong time and too often

• Brohoof 2

What do you club members think of Spikeabuse?

It's not fun to watch.

his achievements are generally forgotten

RIGHT? Like, let's all forget that he FRIGGIN' SAVED EQUESTRIA in the Crystal Empire two-parter.

Spike is a hero.

D8bNuEh.png

• Brohoof 2

RIGHT? Like, let's all forget that he FRIGGIN' SAVED EQUESTRIA in the Crystal Empire two-parter.

Spike is a hero.

D8bNuEh.png

That can be applied to the Mane 6 saving Equestria from Nightmare Moon and Discord too, though. The citizens of Equestria are just really hard to impress. :P 

• Brohoof 2

That can be applied to the Mane 6 saving Equestria from Nightmare Moon and Discord too, though. The citizens of Equestria are just really hard to impress. :P

Yeah sure, but the fandom is absolutely bonkers about the mane six. Spike always seems to be pushed into the shadows, which makes me sad. :(

• Brohoof 1

Because there are not enough people who'd post in this thread, so it was basically kinda "buried". :(

What do you club members think of Spikeabuse?

Well, you know these little scenes when he gets hurt for no reason at all, except for what the writer or storyboard artist seem to consider as working comic relief? I hate them...

• Brohoof 1

Well, you know these little scenes when he gets hurt for no reason at all, except for what the writer or storyboard artist seem to consider as working comic relief? I hate them...

Personally I think those scenes are the best part of the show.  :derp: