Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Spike Fan Club

Shift

Spike is such an interesting character with a lot of potential, you know I like him when I make a vid talking about the lil guy for like almost 12 minutes XD

• Brohoof 1

@Buck Testa, all speculation aside, you do juxtapose some pretty interesting facts that make for something quite thought-provoking either way. 

thank you! Thought provoking is exactly what I was going for. What I speculated was just ONE route you could take established canon facts about spike to make him a more fleshed out character. I hope they start using him in a more meaningful way at some point.  

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

I made a thread recently about questioning if something was wrong for liking Spike when he's not written that great. Nice to see there are other fans out there. 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After seeing today's new episode and the great things they did with the CMCs and Diamond Tiara, why do you think they choose to not at least TRY to give us Spike character development. Or at least one good episode? 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

Spike was born (well, hatched) in May or June & is thus either a Taurus or (more likely) a Gemini.  My reasoning

Spike was hatched during Twilight's entry exam for Princess Celestia's School.  (Cutie Mark Chronicles (S1 E23)) Here in the USA, this exam would have been after the end of Spring term & before Autumn term.

In the USA, the school year is 180 days (Yes, that is less than any other industrial country.  It's one reason our school kids didn't make the cut for top 20).  Depending on the state, it is either early Sept to early June OR early Aug to early May.  But which? Well,

Apple Buck Season (S1), nobody sees AJ for over 2 weeks & Twilight doesn't write a Friendship Report to Princess Celestia.  Thus, it is after Lesson Zero (S2).  The CMCs are in that episode, so it is after Call of the Cutie (S1) & thus after the start school.

According to Wikipedia (that invaluable compendium of meaningless trivia & drivel) apple harvest in the USA starts mid August.  Thus, in Ponyville at least, the school year is early August to early May.  This means the events of the 1st rainboom must have taken place between early May & early August.  Ordinarily, I'd go w July.  However, Secret of My Excess is Spike's birthday.  He is shown taking Scootaloo's scooter from the Crusaders.  Thus it must be either May, year 1 or June, year 2.  (In fact it is possible that this, Magic Duel, or One Bad Apple was the last episode before Magical Mystery Cure). 

So, IMO Spike hatched between say the 2nd week of May & the 2nd week of June

Edited by sweetolebob18

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Howdy all!

With Season 6 premere about a week away I cant wait for Spikes Episode Gauntlet Of Fire.

(Wich airs April 16TH you can check the synopsis on EQD)

I'm hoping he gets a kiss from a certain Fashonista  ;) or  heck all of the Mane 6 leaving him with all coated in lipstick.

Would be funny if someone did a fan art of that & put it up on DeviantArt :lol:

We will see.

I'm hoping he gets a kiss from a certain Fashonista   or  heck all of the Mane 6 leaving him with all coated in lipstick. Would be funny if someone did a fan art of that & put it up on DeviantArt

So basically, you mean this:

996529__safe_solo_twilight+sparkle_rainb

• Brohoof 1

I will admit, I'm not crazy about Spike's general design. I don't know what could make him better tho. Maybe cuz he's got a rounded belly or something, or his spiky fingers, or the color combo, I'm not sure, I am just not crazy about him. However, I do enjoy most of his episodes. Seems like his episodes get criticism for being mean to his character but I don't necessarily see that they are mean to his character. He is actually the voice of reason and common sense in alot of situations.

Spik is best background pony :P

I kid but seriously he merely getting pushd ou as of late. the whole inserted into photo joke like that large photo in castle sweet castle..ugh.

oh yeah and season 6 has a spke episdoe so let hope they give him Develpment this time