Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Spike Fan Club

Shift

I want an episode where Starlight gets a crush on Spike.

Sounds like my Head Fanon Fan Fiction involving my Ponysona, Will Guide. :blush:

Only StarSpike sounds more likely to succeed than WillSpike would, tbh. :blush:

Anyone know what this strange wrap is that he has tied around his head in today's season premiere? Could it be that those frills flop down in front of his eyes and become a nuisance when they get wet? It looks so strange, and doesn't seem to be anything like a shower cap.

post-25740-0-44803700-1459047003_thumb.jpg

I should redo this pic with just his face in the mirror with the faucet removed - that happy, optimistic expression while he's brushing his teeth is too cute to be obscured like that!

Also, I wonder if the ponies are jealous of his ability to grab onto a toothbrush so easily?  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
(edited)

I think if Spike had consistent characterization, he'd be a borderline Gary Stu. Let's see:

• Assistant to a princess
  • At LEAST as smart as Twilight
  • Has a wide variety of skills (Cooking, cleaning, playing drums and piano, ice skating, helping people)
  • Is strong for his age
  • Is incredibly durable, even by dragon standards
  • Has connections to important people, such as Hoity Toity

Think of how easily he could have solved the problem in episodes like Cutie Map.

Some people call him useless, but really, he's a jack of all trades. 

Edited by VG_Addict
  • Brohoof 1

I think if Spike had consistent characterization, he'd be a borderline Gary Stu.

The thing that saves him from being a Gary Stu is he's impeded by the emotional baggage he carries over his unknown origins and outsider status. It makes him feel insecure and fear abandonment - whether such insecurity is merited or not. This causes him to overcompensate and is one of the reasons he takes on learning all these skills he now has but also he can come off as overconfident which leads to him making mistakes. (Equestria Games for example.)

Some people call him useless, but really, he's a jack of all trades.

You can also add stubborn to a fault when it comes to friendship and loyalty. "Gauntlet of Fire" showed how he refused to give up on Ember even though she didn't want anything to do with him at first.

In fact, once the Mane 6 pass on I could see it deeply affecting him, causing him to fill their shoes and become the embodiment of the elements, serving as an example to others.

Could you see Spike becoming a dragon version of Superman?

Considering his love of comic books and superheroes, he might decide to try that out if his wings ever grow out. Whether he has enough of a sense of responsibility to not go overboard with it, is another matter. I guess it depends how old he is at the time if he were to take up that role. Given enough time, he's bound to become wise enough to wield that kind awesome dragon power without causing more problems than it fixes.

(edited)

Considering his love of comic books and superheroes, he might decide to try that out if his wings ever grow out. Whether he has enough of a sense of responsibility to not go overboard with it, is another matter. I guess it depends how old he is at the time if he were to take up that role. Given enough time, he's bound to become wise enough to wield that kind awesome dragon power without causing more problems than it fixes.

If he became a superhero now, he probably wouldn't be responsible enough to do a good job.

Maybe he'd worry more about looking cool and showing off to Rarity. 

Then Twilight would give him a "With great power comes great responsibility" speech.

Also, Spike would have one thing over Superman. Superman can be affected by magic, but Spike, being a dragon, is immune to magic. 

Edited by VG_Addict
  • Brohoof 2

Anyone know what this strange wrap is that he has tied around his head in today's season premiere? Could it be that those frills flop down in front of his eyes and become a nuisance when they get wet? It looks so strange, and doesn't seem to be anything like a shower cap.

attachicon.gifSpikeBrush.jpg

I should redo this pic with just his face in the mirror with the faucet removed - that happy, optimistic expression while he's brushing his teeth is too cute to be obscured like that!

Also, I wonder if the ponies are jealous of his ability to grab onto a toothbrush so easily?  :lol:

Hands..h e had hands!!  which si why I like to be turned inot a dragon or griffin, they have hands!

Also any clue where Spike was during Saddle row? I mean he wouldn't have worked in the episdoe but still any idea. Mane six minus spike

(edited)

I'm thinking about writing a fic where Spike becomes a boxer. I think he'd be a good boxer.

He'd have great punching power, excellent stamina, and thanks to his scales, a granite chin (That means he'd be able to take shots very well).

I think a weakness he would have is he wouldn't take punches to the body very well (dragons have soft underbellies).

Maybe he bumps into a famous boxer named Sugarcube Robinson (Based on Sugar Ray Robinson, pound for pound the best fighter who ever lived).

Edited by VG_Addict

Also any clue where Spike was during Saddle row?

Hanging out with Starlight Glimmer back at the castle. Twilight told Spike to keep an eye on her but then also told Starlight to keep an eye on him. So they're in this mutual closed loop of surveilling one another and can't move an inch. XD 

• Brohoof 1

Sorry to double post, but you know what would be cute? If we saw Spike and Starlight play-fighting as a superhero and a supervillain, respectively. I even wrote some dialogue:

Starlight: You're strong, SuperDragon. But can you deal with THIS? *Starlight levitates a feather*

Spike: No! My one true weakness: Tickling!

Spike: No! My one true weakness: Tickling!

Neat, I totally get a Toothless & Hiccup relationship type vibe from that dialogue, except here it seems like the roles are reversed and Spike is Hiccup and Starlight is Toothless.