Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

I just watched Abraham Lincoln Vampire Slayer. It was actually entertaining and had some good action to it. That was probably because we expected nothing from it and thought it would be ridiculous though...

You must be from some country that is not the United States because when I saw it in theaters, it was called Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.

I keep looking around the Internet and see no indication that is was renamed in other territories; it just looks like people are getting the title wrong. The 2010 book is also called "Hunter".

I saw Life of Pi on opening day. My ma wanted to see it and it is probably one of the better movies in theaters now. I came in avoiding knowing much about the story and it was worth it. I picked up discarded My Coke Rewards caps from the littered ground and trash bins for months to get the 485 points to have a Silver AMC Theatres voucher mailed to me, and it was worth it.

Just saw The Avengers again for a class. It is so epic on the big screen (although, I imagine its pretty good on the small screen as well).

After the movie, I got to thinking about how I would rank the Avengers as characters, but it was really difficult because I really like them all!

I think if I had to, though, it would be:

1) Iron Man - I mean, come on, duh. It's Iron Man!

2) Thor - His hammy/cocky personality and way of talking is funny/cool to me and I love his relationship with Loki

3) Hulk - Quietly awesome in his human form and hilarious as "the other guy" too

4) Black Widow - Scarlet Johanson is great in everything and Black Widow kicks butt, even without super powers!

5) Captain America - I enjoyed most of his "fish out of water" scenes and his earnestness is a fun contrast to Tony Stark and company. He's also really hot, IMO

6) Hawkeye - Really kickass and totally holds his own with his superpowered teammates. I like his relationship with Nat, also.

7) Nick Fury - Not sure he counts as an Avenger per se, but he's Samual L. Jackson. Need I say more?

And I liked Coulson too ( :( RIP)

It's too bad the sequel is years away now, but I can't wait for Thor 2, Captain America 2 and Iron Man 3, though.

I just watched Brave on DVD it was ok since it from Pixar which is my favorite childhood movie making studio. Thank goodness for Redbox because nothing beats watching a movie for $1 compared to Direct T.V.'s $5 to watch it.

You must be from some country that is not the United States because when I saw it in theaters, it was called Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.

Nope, just getting it mixed up with Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  Another good movie too by the way.  They all kind of blur together when you watch as many movies as I do...

Get the Gringo

It's in no way the perfect movie, but for an action flick, it hits the mark. Plus, it's Mel Gibson going back to what made him awesome in the 80's. So, what's there not to like?

I just ordered The Dark Knight Rises off of Direct TV cinema. I have to say it was a good movie and ordering off of direct tv isnt half bad if the whole family wants to see it. Normally we would spend about $20/30 on the movie tickets (snacks not included) or we have to wait awhile for it to come to redbox so i think i just got the best out of my 5 dollars :D .

Edited by ~Chaotic Harmony~

the Dark Knight Rises.  Saw it for the first time last night after picking it up on BluRay.  I heard things about it and thought it was going to end one way.  Thankfully it didn't and I like the way they ended the movie.  Don't want to ruin the plot for those who haven't seen it.  Let's just say I was surprised about several twists at the end.   Good movie...

Last movie I watched was Fight Club.  Great movie by the way, it was one of those films that has been on this list of movies I plan on watching for ages... it and a bazillion other films since I don't watch movies very often. 

post-5726-0-64529500-1354780208.jpg

Act of Valor, it's a pretty good movie. It's violent so not for everypony.

(It's rated R I'm pretty sure) It is still a good movie regardless. It made me cry at the end though.

Why such a sad ending? :(

Anyways, here's the trailer if you want to watch: (Has some violence.)

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Gwoemul (The Host)- Saw the trailer a couple of years ago, but I never really found the time till' recently. Glad I did though, because this one proves to be a contender for best monster film of the past decade.

Les Miserables! UGHHHHHHHHHHH  I don't think any movie made me cry as much as les mis did!  for the last 37 minutes of the movie i had tears running down my cheeks.  although they stopped briefly for a wedding scene.  I've seen it twice already, I plan on seeing it one more time.  sometime this weekend i think.  I have never gone to a movie more than once!  but I am making an exception this movie is just incredible. 

Rise of the Guardians. I was expecting the movie to be overly silly. How could a movie where Santa, The Tooth Fairy, The Easter Bunny, Sandman, and Jack Frost team up to fight evil not be silly, right? I was pleasantly surprised, however. In the first five minutes, I had already fallen in love with the story. The character of Jack Frost was amazing, and hit me remarkably close to home. Santa was awesome for one reason: RUSSIAN. ACCENT. No more explanation needed. Easter Bunny was a bit over-the-top, but enjoyably so. The other two Guardians were kind of meh, but that's not really a big issue. Pitch Black was a pretty awesome villain, who seemed more three-dimensional than a lot of characters in kid's films. 

All in all, an outstanding film. I'm very glad I got the chance to see it.

Edited by HylianTwilian

I watched a Swedish movie called Hamilton 2.

Sweden rarely make any action movies and this was an attempt at doing so. It's nice to see that we tried but imo it failed on many levels.

Though it was kinda enjoyable so it's not trash. 4/10

The movie I saw was well, Spiderman 3. I know it's not a current movie, but I saw it when I bought it on my xbox.

Not the best movie, but it has Venom and Sandman.

Watched "Evolution" again for the umpteenth time. Absolutely love the sci-fi feel, and the comedy is outlandishly hilarious. Favorite scene: Where the "bug" is in Orlando Jones, and the doctor has to remove it!!

Sweden rarely make any action movies and this was an attempt at doing so. It's nice to see that we tried but imo it failed on many levels.

Is it in English? Or Swedish with English subs? I love action movies, and am willing to give anything action related a watch, just to pique my interest!

I watched expendables 2 last night, and I thought it was pretty amusing as well as action pack. Though there was several times I asked "How did he get there?" But it was a good movie.

I watched expendables 2 last night, and I thought it was pretty amusing as well as action pack. Though there was several times I asked "How did he get there?" But it was a good movie.

I haven't seen it yet, but heard it's pretty good. Still a fan of the basketball court fight scene in the first. Oh, and Terry Crews with an AA-12 was pretty badass too.

Last night I got together with some friends and watched the first Lord of the Rings. I have a friend who'd never seen it before (@LittleSis), so it was pretty fun seeing her reaction. It was also my first time seeing the extended edition, it was pretty awesome.

• Brohoof 1

I watched The Island for the first time yesterday. It's a surprisingly good film - great acting, even better soundtrack (Steve Jablonsky, of course it is), but I just think they could have treated the ethical side of things better than it did.

If it's floating around Netflix or a random TV channel, stay and watch it. It's worth it. Not my favourite film, but it was downright good.

• Brohoof 1