Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology Have you ever dropped your mobile device?

Cuhpcakes

I dropped my iPod about three times, the only damage is on the back

However, when I dropped it in my tub full of water I nearly cried! It works completely fine, I notice no severe damage. I am so grateful it didn't short curcuit, or land on its screen (it would have definately cracked).

So, have you ever dropped your mobile device? :D

(edited)

The real question is, who hasn't? I've dropped my phone a few times, kindle fire HD, PsP, and DS ever so often. Luckily though I'm smart enough to buy cases for these things, and I haven't dropped any in water.

Edited by Assassin✮Derpy
  • Brohoof 4

If by mobile device you mean toy pedometer, then yes. My poor digivice landed right in the toilet when I was young, but somehow my father was able to bring it back from the dead. My save was gone which was quite saddening, but somehow it lived to take another step and my journey with Agumon continued!

As for my mobile phone (as opposed to my stationary one), I'm pretty careful with it and I rarely drop it. I keep it inside an OtterBox case whenever I'm out and about for some extra protection and it usually isn't in any danger of falling into water.

(edited)

If I ever drop something, I'm usually pretty good about snatching it out of the air like a ninja. My iPod Touch has survived a massive collision with a van going 70 mph I had a couple years ago though. No damage at all. I'm cheap, so I take VERY good care of my stuff.

Edited by Melancholy
  • Brohoof 1

Who hasn't? I drop all sorts of things. But specifically, I have dropped my iPhone from time to time. Back when I had an iPhone 4, I thought it would be cool to go without a case for a while. I was on a fishing trip and was walking out of my hotel when it slipped out if my hands. It landed on the corner and broke the back glass. I thought I was boned when it came time to get the iPhone 5, but it shot craps a week before it came out and I got a fresh one gratis from apple. So I was able to sell my fresh out of the box 4 to pay for the 5. FTW!

• Brohoof 1

I have dropped my phone a few times, but it never has damaged it. It has only made for embarrassing moments. Like one time I dropped it at the store and it slid underneath an aisle and I had to get a broom to retrieve it. -_-

• Brohoof 1

I drop my phone constantly. All the time. You know why it hasn't sustained a single blemish? It's a Galaxy Nexus. Those things are super durable. My old phone had a crack in it, but that was after I had left it in a drawer for 3 days. I hadn't even dropped it recently. I guess it just doesn't like being piled with socks. Other than my phone, I have never dropped/broken any other electronic device ever.

My Samsung Galaxy S II has had a couple of impacts before, from hard stuff like tiles and concrete and soft like rugs and grass.

Luckily my Otterbox has always saved it from my clumsiness.

I've dropped my iPhone 4 fair few times, but it hasn't cracked once. Yet. In fact, I've dropped quite a few things, and none of them sustained any real damage. My dad did once drop (and break) my sister's DS once, though.

Yup, dropped mine a couple of times. My phone is surprisingly resilient, as it still works properly and remains in good condition.

• Brohoof 1

Yup, dropped mine a couple of times. My phone is surprisingly resilient, as it still works properly and remains in good condition.

Yeah same with mine as well. I am quite delicate with my iPod, mostly because it was a gift; I will never abandon it, unless when I leave my home. I never let it leave home, it's too dangerous out there!

Just comes to show you, proper care goes a long way! :D

Yeah same with mine as well. I am quite delicate with my iPod, mostly because it was a gift; I will never abandon it, unless when I leave my home. I never let it leave home, it's too dangerous out there!

Just comes to show you, proper care goes a long way! biggrin.png

:) that's good. It's nice that you treat your iPod extra carefully since it was a gift; I'm sure whoever gave it to you would be happy to hear that.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I've dropped my phone (an HTP Inspire for those who are curious) a couple times but it's always in a durable casing so everything's fine.

I dropped my PSP just once but it had a terrible landing; the disk drive stopped working. It was a sad day.

It was a really long time ago but I used to  have a Nextel phone. That thing was so sturdy that I used to play catch with,  tossing it some 20ft in the air and occasionally failing to catch it. That phone was a brick; no matter how many drops it felt, it worked perfectly.

Edited by MuteMutt

Before I got my first smartphone, I had a Nokia "brick." Can't remember the actual model number. That thing was invincible. It survived dozens of drops on concrete floors and parking lots. The worst that ever happened was the battery popped out and the face plate came loose, both of which were easily rectified. That's Nokia for you.

My old Droid X and my Galaxy S III have taken a few dives, but the rubber skins I have for them have prevented any damage from occurring.

Yep, I dropped my iPhone once and the screen cracked I didn't have a cover on it though because I like the feel of the phone better. I should probably invest in a cover :).

When doesn't that happen to me. It's either my cellphone or my tablet, sometimes they'll fall onto the floor. Luckilly nothing serious has happened and still work.

Only a few times, though my Blackberry Torch never got damaged, considering as how I always  put the Blackberry Torch inside of my pocket so that it'll never slip off and hit the ground again. :P

(edited)

I've dropped my phone, my DS, my MP3, the remote control for my TV, basically if it can be dropped I have had it slip from my hands at least once. Nothing's broken yet amazingly! The worst though is when I drop my phone, cause it's a cheap one with an easily removable backplate and battery, both of which fly in opposite directions across the room every time   

Edited by PoisonClaw

I treat my electronics like gold, I take as much care as possible with them, even though I always end up scratching or breaking them somehow... Like when my dog decided to rip up my 3DS case, and cause £80 worth of damage to the 3DS itself angry.png

Well, I had 2 phones.
First one, nokia 1208

imgNokia%2012084.jpg

Yeah, i've dropped it many times! :o
I remember that i've dropped it from 5th floor and it still works like a charm.
My current phone "Samsung Galaxy Mini"
Samsung-Galaxy-Mini-S5570-Android-4.2.1-

Well, i haven't dropped it yet....
Lucky me!

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, i've dropped mine plenty of times, however it never ended up damaging it really. So it ends up fine for the most part.

I don't drop it nearly as much as most people though.

I think everyone who has one has atleast once though..

All the time, I’m quite clumsy and drop stuff quite a lot and have had instances where I’ve broken stuff. I drop more than just my mobile phone, I used to annoy my mother by constantly dropping the remote for the TV, and because of this the door on the battery compartment went missing. And every time I dropped it the batteries would roll on the floor and I’d be down on my knees looking for the batteries. I try to be more careful with my new mobile phone, it scares the heck out me when I drop that which I’ve done about 10 times already in the two weeks or so I’ve owned it. But my dads got me a red protective cover for it because he paid for it and he knows about my butterfingers biggrin.png