Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Your First Time watching a Anime.

Guyra

My first anime was propably...'Howl's Moving Castle' or 'Oban Star Racers'. I'm not sure. I was about 5-7y old when I saw it ^__^
Oh... and I watched Pokemon obviously :3

(edited)

First anime I've watched? Hamtaro. Well this show was actually way before I knew what anime was actually. Then I really started to realize what anime was when I heard of Cardcaptor Sakura and Spirited Away.

img-1687271-1-leaf-hamtaro-the-hamster-2

Edited by Lunar
  • Brohoof 1

• 7 months later...

My first anime was ... uhh ... I think ... either ... Sailor Moon or Hamtaro (I think, I can't remember exactly) when I was much younger. Now of course at the time I didn't watch them in their entirety or anything, nor was I dedicated, I just saw them on TV every so often, and I liked them. :squee:

Hmm, first it was pokemon. Then it was digimon, then it was a little bit of the black butler. Now, it's pokemon.

I've been wanting to get into anime for a while, but I literally have no clue where to start, so the first anime I ever watched was RWBY, which premiered a few days ago. :P. So yeah I haven't really gotten into any, so if you all have any recommendations, recommend them!

I Say POKEMON ALL THE WAY! Probably because i'm such a pokemon fan.

Well, I've watched a few.  However, my first anime I watched was obviously Pokemon.  The others following were, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Gundam, Dragon Ball Z, and Robotech.

Hamtaro, Sailer Moon, Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh, and Digimon were all favorites of mine as a kid.

I started watching Naruto when I was 9, or 10-ish when it first came out on Cartoon Network. Naruto is what got me into Manga, as it was the first series I bought manga for. (Or even read for that matter.)

I started watching Pokemon when I was only four. It's the first anime I've ever watched, but definetly not one that I'm familiar with.

My first anime was a show called Hamtaro!

I used to be so obsessed with that show as a kid, even way before I knew what anime was. Plus, it was the show that made me want a pet hamster :3 And I still love hamsters they're so cute. Oh yeah this was also the first anime that got me into J-music!

Oh dang I can't remember.... well I know Pokemon was first but since I think many of us have seen that I'm gonna go with either Yu-Gi-Oh or Naruto as my second. I think I saw Yu-Gi-Oh before Naruto but Naruto is still my favorite to date heheh.

Ah I can still remember my child hood waiting till Saturday at 7:00 pm to watch them on Cartoon Network... and my mom putting on that "What the hell are you watching" face...

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Not sure..

I grew up back in the mid-late 80's into the 90's and the line between american and japanese animation was so skewed until about the mid 90's.. its hard to know what was what... And the dubs that were brought around were often so heavily edited, the only thing left of the show was the animation itself *Cough*Robotech*cough*.....

First I recall though, and knowing it was anime, was probably either Venus Wars, or Record of Lodoss War.

Edited by GrimCW

Original Dragon Ball, along with some Saint Seiya to top it off; maybe Sailor Moon too, if you count how my sister made us watch that everyday after school.

Sorry Kamehameha, but you're second to the Pegasus Meteor Fist.

I think my first time was either Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh or Sailor Moon. Or even that anime with the blue and white cat, I can't remember the name to.

• Brohoof 1

blue and white cat, I can't remember the name to.

Doraemon! and wow, for an anime that is that old; I'm actually surprised it's still relevant enough to merit a yearly film.

Hmmm...

I'm not really sure.

I was prepared to say Mon Colle Knights because I had an apparently incorrect memory of it being something I watched in my earliest of early memories when I was like 3 or so but, having just checked, turns out the show came out in 2001.

Probably Voltron then.  I do have vague memories of watching the car Voltron series when I was really little.

I don't know if Transformers should count or not since so much of it was animated in Japan, but it was headed by an American company.

Pokémon hooked me early on.  The '95 dub of Dragon Ball left very little impact on me, it wasn't until Dragon Ball Z was the only thing worth watching before school when I was 9 that I got hooked on the franchise.

My very first anime i ever saw was in mexico it goes by the name of "Candy Candy"

It is actually a good series, if you into romantic shoujo etc etc, from the late 70's was actually still running in mexico around 1995, i recomened watching its quite good, but back then i didnt know was an anime i was but a kid.

Once i knew what anime was in the time of Fly, Sailor Moon and dragon ball.

I want to say that Dragon Ball Z was the 1st anime I watched back in 1997 but I can only remember watching it in the early 2000's. Perhaps I was too young at the time (watching a show with epic fights and power beams should have left a bigger impact on a 3 year old).

So if it wasn't DBZ, then like a majority of people in this post, Pokemon was the show that introduced me to this new media. I didn't even know that it was considered an anime back in 1998. I just assumed that it was the same like everything else.

Look at the impact of the Pokemon franchise. If you grew up in the late 90's and early 2000's, it is rare to find someone who has no clue what a Pikachu is (I've only met 1 person back in high school who never watched an episode of Pokemon in her life, and my entire class was stunned lol  :o)! 

My first anime was pokemon G1 back in the 90's, and I still enjoy it to this day.

However, it wasn't until a few months back where I FINALLY began to like and watch anime once again like attack on titan or kill la kill.