Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The #1 thing you've learned from MLP

PoniBroni

(edited)

Joining such an awesome fandom centered around a show that is, itself, centered around love and tolerance must have changed you in some way. I want to know how!

Speaking for myself, the no. 1 thing I've taken away from becoming a brony is:

Don't judge people for being "different" from you, or "weird". Different, taboo, whatever, is by no means -harmful- in any way. If someone is one way, if they aren't harming anyone, then there is absolutely nothing wrong there, whatsoever, so respect them just the same as you would anyone else!

Edited by Canibroni

My Little Pony taught me the same as you man... to not judge others because of their differences, to be a good brother, taught me to value my friends.

A lot more stuff I learnt, but the list is too long :P

(edited)

Mainly to not judge something because it seems different or girly (I don't mean people). I didn't have a problem with bronies before I became one, people like what they want, but I didn't see what the big deal about the show was. I thought it would just be a typical show for little girls. I was wrong. Not really anything else besides that.

Edited by PinkiePieStyle16
  • Brohoof 1

Don't Judge a Book by its cover.

A lesson I think every brony the world over has learnt.

Who would have thought Fluttershy was so amazing?

People could think Dashie was incredibly arrogant and hate her without knowing her.

Twilight would have seemed like a nerd who hated everyone, but it came from friendship that showed us just how amazing she was.

That people are assholes and will try to take away your happiness in whatever way they can, only because it helps justify their own pitiful existence, despite the fact you have never seen or interacted with that person in your life.

Oh, right, positive lessons...

Uh, I would generally have to say that learning to respect other peoples opinions and values would be a good one, not to judge others because they're different and may have alternate interests to you. 

Overall though, one of the biggest lessons I have learned, is not to judge a book by its cover. 

I can honestly say that in 18 years of my life, I have never truly learned the meaning of this lesson, until I watched "Bridle Gossip" where the lesson is taught in detail. There are many lessons I have never truly understood until this show explained them to me, but that one stands out above the rest to me. 

• Brohoof 3

I think the number one thing we've all learned is to not judge a book by its cover.  After all, if My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic can be good, ANYTHING can be good.

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

"You never know why people do what they do" this is what I think the episode "Bab Seed" taught me and with that it grows to we shouldn't judge people, we should love, tolerate and try to befriend all.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, the main thing that I learned was to never judge a book by its cover. I used to make fun of the show so much until I actually ended up watching parodies of it just for lulz. The parodies showed me enough of the show to make me go "Wait, WHAT happens?!"

Basically, don't judge something before you try/see/read/whatever it.

Love and Tolerate :3

No really, it's taught me to become a better person and look at the bright side of everything, it may look really bad, But it's really not.

and it's just taught me so very much If I was to say everything I would be here for a while <3

• Brohoof 1

To be happy, easy as that...

I had a really, really unhealthy attitude towards life and people (for  several, good and bad reasons), and this fandom and the show helped me get over it, and value the good things (even the small ones, that happen to me) more than the bad things...

It was quite a change!

• Brohoof 2

As with most people, I learned not to judge a book by it's cover and blah blah blah...

The one thing I mainly got from becoming a brony though, was to stop caring about what other people think. I mean really, if people were afraid of other people mocking them or whatever, I don't think there would be as many bronies as there are today.

Oh, and to stop being a sarcastic jackass to my friends.

From Twilight Sparkle, I learned that even if you enjoy living a closed off life, it's good to have people there for you. I enjoy being alone, but no one likes feeling lonely. Best to have some people around to keep you sane and warmhearted wink.png

• Brohoof 3

Dear My Little Pony : Friendship is Magic,

This February I learned, that there are still great Cartoon-Shows out there. Thanks to you I discovered one of the best fandoms ever.

You helped me to discover, that despite my distant, sensitive and often cold nature, things like friendship and love are still important to me. So the most important thing I learned from you is is a little lesson in self-exploration. 

Your faithful fan,

StatesTheOblivious

• Brohoof 1

Everyone likes different things.  Don't judge them for it.  Some people like Twilight, some like Star Trek, some like My Little Pony, and some might like all three!  But that doesn't change who they are, what they are.  It's just something they love and enjoy and it makes them happy.  You can't judge someone for loving something that makes them happy.

Don't judge a book by its cover.  There's so many wonderful things out there that no one knows about because no one tries to know about it.  Open your eyes, open your mind, and open your heart.

Love and tolerate.  No matter what you do, someone is bound to hate on you for it.  But don't start getting all over them for it.  Ignore it, tolerate it.  In the end, you'll end up happier and more peaceful than if you had hated on them as well.  And besides, you're hating on them for hating on you.  Now that's not right.  But still, stand up for yourself when needed.

And finally:

The world still has beauty in it.  You might think it doesn't.  You might think its ugly and full of horrors.  And it is.  But its also full of wonders.  If you learn to look on the positive side of things, to let go of the dark and take hold of the light, you'll see that maybe you were wrong.

Maybe the world is beautiful.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

To not be ashamed of who the hell you are, because life's to short to spend it all worrying about what others think of you, and doing your best to be a good person, and the person you yourself can live with is what's important. 

E

And finally:

The world still has beauty in it.  You might think it doesn't.  You might think its ugly and full of horrors.  And it is.  But its also full of wonders.  If you learn to look on the positive side of things, to let go of the dark and take hold of the light, you'll see that maybe you were wrong.

Maybe the world is beautiful.

This, this right here. 

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 1

i cant really say i've learned anything from the episode content itself. i suppose it has shown me that something girl - themed could be cool, but i already knew that :P

hmmm...a most interesting question that probably couldn't be answer with mere simple words of discription. Oh wait, i can. God loves me and us. So if there's anything that mlp taught me it would be "My little pony, thou shall be saved."  (hahahaha still makes laugh)

The main thing I've taken away from it is: Don't judge others. Before this show, I was a very judgemental, seeing as I came from the deep south (note; this is not an attack on people from the deep south! It's just that everyone I've met from here is hateful). After watching the show, and joining the fandom, I learned that it's wrong, and I'm glad I did.

I think I will share what I learned.

Okay, seriously, I learned that a show geared toward young girls can actually be pretty good if done right. I guess I also learned to accept myself more so than I have before. The majority of what the show teaches, I already followed before watching it. But it is a good reminder to keep that attitude when you start to lose site of it. It also made me open my mind even more than I have ever done in the past. Generally though, as most have pointed out, is being more accepting of others and not judging them based on what they like, or other characteristics.

• Brohoof 1

I would have to say It'd be about expectations fully.

My Little Pony opened me up to so many things, and taught me why fandoms should be actively participated for any fan. I taught me to widen my views on people, it taught me to tolerate those differences, and it taught me to not expect the worst for anything before you experience it.

Thanks, MLP:FiM

• Brohoof 1

Never judge a book by its cover is what I have learned.

When I was not a brony, I was pretty much against them. I didn't understand why so many people were bronies. I was just thinking: "Why do they like a girly show?"

And then one time, I watched MLP:FiM and I liked what I was watching.

Then, I learned my lesson.

• Brohoof 1

The main thing I've learned from this show is that friendship is truly magic. It's taught me what it means to have friends and how to be a good friend and also the value of friendship,