Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Yea so, I hate cake

Le Kvlt Dawn

I'm honestly surprised so many people dislike cake.  :(  While I knew not everybody liked it, I thought it was more popular than it apparently is here.  For the record, I enjoy most kinds of cake.  But when given a choice, I prefer chocolate or red velvet over vanilla or yellow. 

I never understood the expression "Let them eat cake."  That's supposed to be a BAD thing?  SMH...

I'm honestly surprised so many people dislike cake.  sad.png  While I knew not everybody liked it, I thought it was more popular than it apparently is here.  For the record, I enjoy most kinds of cake.  But when given a choice, I prefer chocolate or red velvet over vanilla or yellow. 

I never understood the expression "Let them eat cake."  That's supposed to be a BAD thing?  SMH...

The expression (which was made up, and not actually said by Antoinette.) was supposed to underline her complete disconnection from the real world. The preceding line was 'But they have no bread?', and her reply indicates that she has no idea where bread or cake come from, or the fact they are functionally the same thing with different amounts of sugar. As far as she's concerned, food just spontaneously pops into existence as needed, and the idea that people don't just get whatever they want whenever they want it is such an alien concept that she can't fathom it.

I'm honestly surprised so many people dislike cake.  sad.png  While I knew not everybody liked it, I thought it was more popular than it apparently is here.  For the record, I enjoy most kinds of cake.  But when given a choice, I prefer chocolate or red velvet over vanilla or yellow. 

Chocolate cake lovers represent! I once met a lady that loved all kinds of cake, except for chocolate. I think she may have been a bit crazy. But will someone please tell me... What is red velvet?! I keep hearing things about it but I have no idea what it is, as a cake appreciator I feel left out and disappointed sad.png

Chocolate cake lovers represent! I once met a lady that loved all kinds of cake, except for chocolate. I think she may have been a bit crazy. But will someone please tell me... What is red velvet?! I keep hearing things about it but I have no idea what it is, as a cake appreciator I feel left out and disappointed

Red velvet tastes like chocolate, at least to me.  It's a dark red but more of a red color than a traditional brown chocolate color. 

The expression (which was made up, and not actually said by Antoinette.) was supposed to underline her complete disconnection from the real world. The preceding line was 'But they have no bread?', and her reply indicates that she has no idea where bread or cake come from, or the fact they are functionally the same thing with different amounts of sugar. As far as she's concerned, food just spontaneously pops into existence as needed, and the idea that people don't just get whatever they want whenever they want it is such an alien concept that she can't fathom it.

I thought it just meant "let them eat shit".

Chocolate cake lovers represent! I once met a lady that loved all kinds of cake, except for chocolate. I think she may have been a bit crazy. But will someone please tell me... What is red velvet?! I keep hearing things about it but I have no idea what it is, as a cake appreciator I feel left out and disappointed

It's cake the color of blood, duh. It kinda tastes like chocolate, but it isn't chocaolate. Chocolate is overrated BTW.

(edited)

Red velvet tastes like chocolate, at least to me.  It's a dark red but more of a red color than a traditional brown chocolate color.

Red... cake...? Sounds strange, yet I'm interested if it tastes like chocolate cake tongue.png I'll have to look for it next time I go shopping, is it expensive?

I thought it just meant "let them eat shit".

It's cake the color of blood, duh. It kinda tastes like chocolate, but it isn't chocaolate. Chocolate is overrated BTW.

"chocolate is overrated" Fight me irl

Edited by BlueScouti

Red... cake...? Sounds strange, yet I'm interested if it tastes like chocolate cake img-1503597-1-tongue.png I'll have to look for it next time I go shopping, is it expensive?

What country do you live in? Seriously, they have it pretty much everywhere. Grocery stores, bakeries, they even have them as cupcakes.

What country do you live in? Seriously, they have it pretty much everywhere. Grocery stores, bakeries, they even have them as cupcakes.

U.K., I've only heard about red velvet from Americans, I have no idea what it is! Cakes available round here are like, Victoria sponge, lemon cakes, carrot cakes, madeira etc. none of that fancy stuff tongue.png Choco cake is delicious though, fyi.

chocolate is overrated, three milks is meh

Funny thing, for my birthday i had a 3 milk chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and strawberries on top, best cake i've ever eaten too ; v ;

U.K., I've only heard about red velvet from Americans, I have no idea what it is! Cakes available round here are like, Victoria sponge, lemon cakes, carrot cakes, madeira etc. none of that fancy stuff tongue.png Choco cake is delicious though, fyi.

Oh, well okay then. I didn't know that they didn't have red velvet in the UK.blink.png 

Funny thing, for my birthday i had a 3 milk chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and strawberries on top, best cake i've ever eaten too ; v ;

Three milks is popular with my family, It just got old having it every year. I'm still pissed at the fact that I didn't get a red velvet cheesecake for my bithdaydry.png and my birthday was a couple of months ago (March 27).

OK, you don't like cake; no big deal.  I'm not a fan of some desserts myself, especially anything with tree nuts.  Not because I don't like said desserts or anything; I'm just very allergic to tree nuts and have had some bad run-ins with desserts I didn't know had nuts in them before.  The thing that stinks the most is that it seems like the fancier a meal gets, the more likely it is that the dessert is going to have nuts in it.  I mean what's with that? dry.png

OK, you don't like cake; no big deal.  I'm not a fan of some desserts myself, especially anything with tree nuts.  Not because I don't like said desserts or anything; I'm just very allergic to tree nuts and have had some bad run-ins with desserts I didn't know had nuts in them before.  The thing that stinks the most is that it seems like the fancier a meal gets, the more likely it is that the dessert is going to have nuts in it.  I mean what's with that? img-1503650-1-dry.png

N'awh, such a curse... To miss out on all kinds of desserts! Seriously though, you probably save a lot of money when eating out because of it.... I just can't resist paying extra for a fudgey gooey choccy cake, my only weakness!

• Brohoof 1

N'awh, such a curse... To miss out on all kinds of desserts! Seriously though, you probably save a lot of money when eating out because of it.... I just can't resist paying extra for a fudgey gooey choccy cake, my only weakness!

Not much of a problem when I'm eating out; I generally don't get dessert at restaurants either way and even if I do they usually have enough variety that I can find something to get.  The real problem is if I'm at a fancy dinner for school (Hillsdale College can have some fancy dinners, especially for seniors or if you're in a scholarship program) and the dessert has nuts in it.  Usually the alternative is a fruit cup, and it just plain stinks substituting a free dessert at an awesome dinner for a fruit cup! sad.png

• Brohoof 1

There are only two types of cake that I like; New York Cheesecake and red velvet cheesecake. White cake is too plain, chocolate is overrated, three milks is meh, and ice cream cakes aren't that great either. i didn't even eat the cake on my past birthday. I wanted a red velvet cheesecake but I didn't get one, img-1500684-1-mellow.png all because my little brother doesn't like red velvet cheesecake. Uhh, I fucking swear, he likes any other flavor but that one.

And that's my rant on cake biggrin.png

i hate little siblings WHAT who said that, no really, whenever little siblings complain about what they want, they get it and you dont get what you want. anyways HOW DO YOU NOT LIKE ICE CREAM CAKE????!!!!! its the only cake I'll never not want, but i like cheesecake so yea, that's allimg-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

Not much of a problem when I'm eating out; I generally don't get dessert at restaurants either way and even if I do they usually have enough variety that I can find something to get.  The real problem is if I'm at a fancy dinner for school (Hillsdale College can have some fancy dinners, especially for seniors or if you're in a scholarship program) and the dessert has nuts in it.  Usually the alternative is a fruit cup, and it just plain stinks substituting a free dessert at an awesome dinner for a fruit cup! img-1503692-1-sad.png

This sounds so terrible... Are you sure you don't need counselling? D: Also, man, when the desserts they offer are 'mm delicious chocolate cakey bad for you stuff' and 'a piece of fruit'? That sucks, get that healthy nonsense outa my face, it ain't no real dessert!

Surely they have to supply nut free delicious desserts too though, right? O:

i hate little siblings WHAT who said that, no really, whenever little siblings complain about what they want, they get it and you dont get what you want. anyways HOW DO YOU NOT LIKE ICE CREAM CAKE????!!!!! its the only cake I'll never not want, but i like cheesecake so yea, that's allimg-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

It's just really average IMO, I'd much rather just eat ice cream the normal way. Ya know, with a plate and spoon, minus the cake.

I have to agree. Cake is waaayyy to fluffy in your mouth and I feel like I'm chewing cotton or something. I like cookie cake though, does that count? laugh.png  

No not really, it's just a giant cookie. :l

This sounds so terrible... Are you sure you don't need counselling? D: Also, man, when the desserts they offer are 'mm delicious chocolate cakey bad for you stuff' and 'a piece of fruit'? That sucks, get that healthy nonsense outa my face, it ain't no real dessert!

Surely they have to supply nut free delicious desserts too though, right? O:

Counseling?!

It's just something you learn to live with.  Honestly, I've lived with this for 21 years already; it's really not that bad.  I still get to eat plenty of awesome desserts, and I can still eat peanuts (they're not really nuts actually, but legumes); I think it'd be far worse if I was lactose intolerant or something like that.

• Brohoof 1

I found Red Velvet muffins at 7 Eleven.  If they can be found at & Eleven, they can be found pretty much anywhere. 

And, by the way, they were quite good. 

No, you hate all kinds of cake. Cheesecake is a pie, not a cake.

Get your cheesecake right people.

I'm not a big fan of cake myself, but its good on occasion.

I don't think I've ever had a type of cake I didn't like. German chocolate and red velvet are delicious and my dad bakes the best of both that I've ever had. Carrot cake and fruit cake are the only kinds I ever crave though. Anything else is good if available, but I'll go out of my way to get a slice of either of those. I make my own fruit cake every year.

I love all cakes except coconut, I'm sure there's others out there that I wouldn't like but just coconut comes to mind, fuck coconut.

Wedding, sponge, red velvet, and dump cakes are my only exceptions. All the other kinds I hate, especially if it's covered in three inches of airy, fake icing that dyes your tongue blue. dry.png

(edited)

There are only two types of cake that I like; New York Cheesecake and red velvet cheesecake.

blush.png Well, um, technically cheesecake is a pie, so there really aren't any varieties of cake that you like...  [/fluttershyvoice]

And you know what?  I don't blame you for it!  Cake can be really bland sometimes, especially if the cake/frosting ratio is off.  That's we have stuff like ice cream cake.

and ice cream cakes aren't that great either.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!

KicuEtM.jpg

Edited by Pony Joe

Celestia darn it, you guys! You're making me hungry!

Well, if we're all putting in our two bits, I love chocolate cake and red velvet and anything with oreos on it. And ice cream cake.

Oreos are amazing.