Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Pokemon X and Y Discussion Thread

BrainyBrony

@@silverreverb,

No not yet. Riht now it's just known that you need a mega stone to have it happen. And the mega stones all seem to have incredibly original names. Blazikenite and Luarionite are the only confirmed names for the mega stones. 

ah. well when you put it that way then that's the better option =P

so the mega stone gives +100% attack? interesting

hmm, have they shown how to trigger mega forms? /=|

No mega stones do not give you +100% attack. They all give you bonus stats, some mega evolutions give an extra ability or a extra typing. In mawiles case it gets huge power for a ability which doubles attack. According to the corocoro scans they are triggered automatically upon entering battle with that pokemon if they carry a mega stone and of course have a mega evolution.

Guys.  Guys.

megakangaskhan.jpg

This is the best thing that could possibly have come of this.  Seriously, I have never seen anything better than this.  MegaEvolution confirmed for actually the greatest thing ever

• Brohoof 7

WE GOT MEGA KANGASKHAN.

IT'S LITTLE BABY COMES OUT AND FIGHTS WITH IT. SWEET.

Instantly making sure to catch female, and name Big Momma.

EDIT: Oh yeah, made sure to pick up my 3DS XL today as well as pre-order X. I think it's weird how there's more pre-orders for Y, though. I thought people would want the Fairy Deer. I also got Animal Crossing, but that is for another thread~

Edited by Twiliscael
  • Brohoof 2

img-1736482-1-megakangaskhan.jpg

But......It......It was supposed to be a.....Cubone..........Right?

October the 12th seems so close....it's like two months away right? It seems Iike yesterday that pokeamie was announced.

I LIKE RED AND BLUE SO I DON'T KNOW WHICH ONE TO GET!

Help me out here guys!

• Brohoof 1

@,

Well do you want a majestic fairy deer or a bad ass dragon thing? I'm going with the majestic fairy deer :P

On another note I might not get fenniken, who I was definitely planning on getting. Since the torchic is going to be distributed with Speed Boost and a blazikenite, I don't see the point in Fenniken. I'll probably get a Chespin. 

from the looks of that parental bond ability, mega kangaskhan gets to attack twice in one turn. does that mean both use the same stats or does the baby have a different set of stats that it fights with? /=|

• Brohoof 1

WE GOT MEGA KANGASKHAN.

IT'S LITTLE BABY COMES OUT AND FIGHTS WITH IT. SWEET.

Instantly making sure to catch female, and name Big Momma.

EDIT: Oh yeah, made sure to pick up my 3DS XL today as well as pre-order X. I think it's weird how there's more pre-orders for Y, though. I thought people would want the Fairy Deer. I also got Animal Crossing, but that is for another thread~

Didn't expect that at all tbh... it's quite awesome i must say. Now if they just could tell us the reason behind their choices. Looking forward to see what they've to show us next month though.

As someone who rarely use the mascot in combat, i didn't care much for what game i went with. You can always trade one or get it through some kind of event later on.

off topic:

If i may ask you, what 3DS color did you get? x)

• Brohoof 2

Now if they just could tell us the reason behind their choices.

This is exactly what I want to know. It seems like they're just randomly picking already strong Pokemon and making them more dominant  :mellow:

As someone who rarely use the mascot in combat, i didn't care much for what game i went with. You can always trade one or get it through some kind of event later on.

Hopefully they don't force us to like they did in Black and White. Fun fact, that was the first and only time I've ever used a legendary in combat (except Victini, but I don't count him).  I chose X because I thought that having the first Fairy legendary is cooler than the other. Plus, I think Xerneas just looks cooler than Yvetal. 

If i may ask you, what 3DS color did you get? x)

3dsxlred_620x491.jpg

Red and black one. The guy at Gamestop told me Nintendo was releasing the full black one soon and that he'd hold onto one for me, but I'd prefer the color~ and I really wanted that thing right then and there

Edited by Twiliscael
  • Brohoof 3

Well well well. By the sounds of the newest trailer out, the mega stones might be wifi events. 

Let me explain.

In the trailer, the guy said that a torchic would be available with blazikenite, which we already knew. But he also said that Blazikenite won't be found in the actual game. This could mean that for every pokemon with a mega evolution, they will all have to be events. What else could this mean? That only some of them will be events. What else could this mean? That only blazikenite won't be available normally. What else could this mean? I might be over thinking this too much.

• Brohoof 1

Well well well. By the sounds of the newest trailer out, the mega stones might be wifi events. 

Let me explain.

In the trailer, the guy said that a torchic would be available with blazikenite, which we already knew. But he also said that Blazikenite won't be found in the actual game. This could mean that for every pokemon with a mega evolution, they will all have to be events. What else could this mean? That only some of them will be events. What else could this mean? That only blazikenite won't be available normally. What else could this mean? I might be over thinking this too much.

I was kinda wondering about this to, not sure if its true or not, but from what they've done so far it kinda seems like that. 

I'm not sure what to think about it for sure, but the thought has crossed my mind that this might be event only.

Guess we have to wait for info though.

@@Ampharos,

Yeah, I've been reading some posts about it elsewhere about the mega evolutions and stones and I think that some of them will be available in the game since that one gym leader knows about them ( or uses them or something like that). I think Torchic is definitely wifi event only but the others may not be.

Edited by MuteMutt
  • Brohoof 2

@@Ampharos,

Yeah, I've been reading some posts about it elsewhere about the mega evolutions and stones and I think that some of them will be available in the game since that one gym leader knows about them ( or uses them or something like that). I think Torchic is definitely wifi event only but the others may not be.

I think you and the rest are on the right track. Mega evolution is a perfect opportunity for them to bring back the old cast by promoting them exclusively through limited wifi events, which will more likely attract more people to get it. The newer pokemon mega evos will probably be available through normal gameplay due their commonness and publicity in gen 6.

Edited by Jonke

Does anyone else feel that there will be another eeveelution? I mean, they've been doing to double pattern for a while now. If they are, I'm getting a hunch that It'll be a Ghost-type. I hope it is. It would be the closest thing to an opposite vs Sylveon. ^^

• Brohoof 2

Does anyone else feel that there will be another eeveelution? I mean, they've been doing to double pattern for a while now. If they are, I'm getting a hunch that It'll be a Ghost-type. I hope it is. It would be the closest thing to an opposite vs Sylveon. ^^

I would freaking love a ghost type eevee!... And no, not for the reasons you're probably guessing for. The ghost type is a bit like the dragon type in all the negative aspects. There arent that many of them and the few there are arent exactly that good competitively.

I would also love to see a steel type eevolution, its possible, the only bulky eevolution is vaporeon and it isnt exactly that great in terms of stats.

Edited by Celtore

I've also read that you may get the stone for your Starter after beating Korrinna, and that they'll act as the "tutorial" for mega evolutions. That is, if all of them get Mega to begin with...

BTW, the stats of the Torchic being distributed:

post-988-0-60776200-1376334089.jpg

• Brohoof 3

Unless you count dragon since that would be an echo of the introduction of espeon and umbreon. Dark type was introduced to combat psychic type; fairy type is introduced to combat dragon. History could be repeating itself right before our eyes.

But I would prefer a ghost or poison eeveelution. My reasoning isn't really special or anything, I just feel like a poison or ghost type eeveelution would be pretty cool. Or steel, I could do steel as well. 

I would also love to see a steel type eevolution, its possible, the only bulky eevolution is vaporeon and it isnt exactly that great in terms of stats.

But vaporeon has really nice special attack. Plus all that HP combined with access to baton pass is really good for passing bulky substitutes in a baton pass team and whatnot.

• Brohoof 2

Unless you count dragon since that would be an echo of the introduction of espeon and umbreon. Dark type was introduced to combat psychic type; fairy type is introduced to combat dragon. History could be repeating itself right before our eyes.

But I would prefer a ghost or poison eeveelution. My reasoning isn't really special or anything, I just feel like a poison or ghost type eeveelution would be pretty cool. Or steel, I could do steel as well. 

But vaporeon has really nice special attack. Plus all that HP combined with access to baton pass is really good for passing bulky substitutes in a baton pass team and whatnot.

Huh, I kind of forgot about that combat pattern. I guess I've just been comparing the new dark and fairy type legendaries. I've been thinking that fairy type is kind of like the new pseudo-psychic. Kind of like how ghost and dark are really different, but really alike at the same time.  

• Brohoof 1

I'm nearly positive that if another eeveelution comes out, which will probably happen, it will be a dragon type. For one, as stated before fairy combats dragon. And ice combated grass. And dark combated psychic.

Two, dragon is the only special type that hasn't gotten an eeveelution. All the other ones were special types, and dragon is the only special type without one. 

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, that much I agree. I didn't mean to knock vaporeon, I was trying to find a way to say that I would like an eevee with a steel type stat distribution. Really high defence, modest health, weak special defence and mediocre attack strength. Yes, vaporeon does have it's place as does every eevolution... Except flareon because game freak evidently hates it.

• Brohoof 1

Well they allow you to get access to the torchic before the first gym? It seems dumb to raise it all the way up to the level your at if its to the end like before. I hope so, its easier. Maybe this means the others will have the same thing? (I want a wild mmud kip. AH WANT IT NOW! :angry:)

• Brohoof 1

I think the mega evolution thing is kind of cool. A breath of fresh air into the series, even if it does have a digimon vibe to it. I heard about the whole super training thing, which basically makes ev training easy...thank god!  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, that much I agree. I didn't mean to knock vaporeon, I was trying to find a way to say that I would like an eevee with a steel type stat distribution. Really high defence, modest health, weak special defence and mediocre attack strength. Yes, vaporeon does have it's place as does every eevolution... Except flareon because game freak evidently hates it.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Maybe a steel type eeveelution with some stats like:

95 HP

110 Atk

130 Def

60 Sp. Atk

65 Sp. Def

65 Speed

would work out ok. Sorta fits steel type stat distribution (as well as eeveelution stat distribution patterns) and could be a pretty good wall depending on the move set, sandstorm and such. With a 110 atk, your less likely to end up as set up fodder (unlike Umbreon) even if steel isn't the most useful stab (hopefully that won't even matter because of earthquake). 

• Brohoof 1

397224__safe_meme_edit_pokemon_princess_

Hail to the queen.

On topic, eeveelutions. I think it'd be a dragon because that's what they did previously. Ice combats grass, dark combats psychic. Notice a pattern? Also, look me straight in the eyes and tell me that this isn't impeccably badass.

dragon_eeveelution_by_superiordragonfan-

• Brohoof 4