Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Pokemon X and Y Discussion Thread

BrainyBrony

I personally think shiny Metagross looks pretty cool, at least in previous generations (haven't seen one in X yet).

Also, considering normal shiny Charizard's colors, I would be very interested to see what shiny Mega Charizard X looks like. Don't know if you actually have X, but if you do then that would be interesting.

I actually forgot about Metagross! It's probably my favorite shiny, but I got so caught up in the others that I forgot. 

Also, I have Y, but I think there should be a picture of shiny Mega Charizard X somewhere online. It's it just a blue-ish green-ish color I think. 

• Brohoof 1

I actually forgot about Metagross! It's probably my favorite shiny, but I got so caught up in the others that I forgot. 

Also, I have Y, but I think there should be a picture of shiny Mega Charizard X somewhere online. It's it just a blue-ish green-ish color I think. 

That's a little disappointing. Not bad, but I was hoping for something really cool.

Still, Metagross is pretty awesome. I'd try to get a shiny one if the poke radar worked in friend safaris...

• Brohoof 1

Supposedly, shiny rate is increased in FS. Don't know if this is actually a thing or not. I gotta shiny ditto from one though. Was pretty stoked.

Its possible i guess. Like the tip thing though alot of rumors are going around, so its not certain.

But the fact that the pokeradar can't be used in FS's makes a good reason to increase overall shiny rate.

Dunno if it does though.

In other news. I actually just discovered Azure bay on my quest to get all the mega stones, got them all within the hour with only a few minutes to spare. Now i have all the ones i can get, only ones i'm missing are X only, which i'll have to get later on my X.

I'd also like to add that i like the little random tidbits and details. 

I went and explored the Richissime (However its spelt.) hotel. And I found a bunch of random stuff.

For instance, Bathrooms are cannon now in pokemon guys ;p. Because theres two on the top floor of the hotel. 

In other news, apparently in pokemon walking in on a random lady in the bathroom is totally ok and doesn't freak them out at all, but instead gives you a TM ;p.

I wish i could take a nice relaxing bath in those bathtubs ;p.

I wonder where the rest of the pokemon world's bathrooms are kept... 

Theres also the girl on the 4th floor who may be the ghost girl due to her resemblance and interest in the elevator.

Then theres the guy whos drinking water from a vase ;p. Random..

While i'm making things cannon pokemon, or atleast furfrou, pee, because theres a lady on the top floor with a furfrou who she talks about it marking its territory. How pokemon are normally supposed to go to the bathroom is another discussion, that is possibly pointless. I feel odd for pondering it some ;p.

Theres also a couple who mentions their annaversary and Ruby and sapphire, aswell as the mueseum in ruby and sapphire i believe.

Theres also the random text during the jobs you do making the beds, everything from pokemon footprints to the bed being wet, and a bunch of other random descriptions followed by blackness and a bed that doesn't change.

I kinda wish there was some kind of minigame involved in that, but oh well, guess there was more important stuff.

But i do enjoy the stuff they had in the hotel, i enjoyed the 5 minutes i explored it ;p.

Also i finished EV training my Eevee team, just need to get items and movesets setup and i guess its finished.

So I've just gotten my 3rd shiny of X.  Was hatching eggs for a shuppet with good eggs moves, and my very first one was a shiny.  ;D

So far I have shiny illlumise, doublade, and shuppet.

So far, I Super Trained my very own Quagsire. I might plan on trying out the Battle Maison and breed Larvitars if I can find one.

(Why am I a cupcake now?)

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 1

I am now forever angry because My chain of 67 encounters so I can get a shiny pancham with a pokeradar was broken because I accidentally touched the circle pad. FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU

anyone want to exchange friend codes? I'm looking for someone with either steel or dragon typing.

Supposedly, shiny rate is increased in FS. Don't know if this is actually a thing or not. I gotta shiny ditto from one though. Was pretty stoked.

Yeah, I think it most definitely is. It has to be, I've gotten not just one but 2 shinies from it, there's just no way my luck can be that insane without some sort of buff to shiny encounter rates there. :huh:

Anyway, I haven't been playing this much lately, a little here and there though I guess. Wake me up when Pokébank comes out...

I heard that blaziken was banned by the smogon, but they didn't specifically say that Speed Boost Blaziken and Mega Blaziken would be banned. Blaze Blaziken shouldn't be banned, but only Mega Blaziken should be banned and resulting banning the blazikenite as well. Blaze Blaziken's speed is not up to par with Infernape's Speed I Believe.

I heard that blaziken was banned by the smogon, but they didn't specifically say that Speed Boost Blaziken and Mega Blaziken would be banned. Blaze Blaziken shouldn't be banned, but only Mega Blaziken should be banned and resulting banning the blazikenite as well. Blaze Blaziken's speed is not up to par with Infernape's Speed I Believe.

You have got a point there. They banned Sand Veil Garchomp but not Rough Skin Garchomp. Why not do it to Blaziken?

• Brohoof 1

Good Question. Sand Veil Garchomp would be impossible to beat, but there are hazers and alternative weather conditions to prevent that. Have you guys heard of chain chomp before back in D/P/Pl/HG/SS? That's what caused the ban for that reason. Blaziken on the other side shouldn't be banned because they missed the primary ability which is blaze and of course mega blaziken and speed boost blaziken should be banned although they don't have the right to do that because there are countermeasures strategy such as trick room team or using goomy family with gooey ability and have blaziken with speed boost and mega blaziken target goomy family with gooey ability.

Smogon said

The OU council has concluded that Blaziken and Deoxys-N, two Pokémon allowed initially in XY, will be quick-banned from both current XY OU and PokéBank OU. This means that there will be no public vote; the council has simply decided that this is necessary. Both have been preeminent threats since XY's inception, and are detrimental to the balance of the tier. Blaziken is simply a monster sweeper. Its power is unparalleled, being virtually impossible to counter or even check if the player lacks a Talonflame or Azumarill on his or her offensive team. Defensive teams can opt for Slowbro, defensive Gyrados, or in PokéBank Jellicent, but these Pokemon just are not cut out for any other team in this metagame. With the addition of Baton Pass to its movepool and thus the ability to passed the boost it gains from Swords Dance and Speed Boost, it can pass to a teammate that could handle it.

Apparently they don't have the right to do that if it's making battles unfair for others. There Are strategies that can counter speed boost blaziken and mega blaziken. we play as we want to play and forget the tiers too. Some of us play anything goes rules for the battles and mega evo rule is optional if you want to allow mega evo or not.

I won against one of the Battle Chatalaines, Nita for the first time. Have you all got to that part yet?

Yes, I've beaten one in Singles and 2 of course in Multi. They have nice character designs, but they're pushovers really. Probably not the case in Super though... :/

Good Question. Sand Veil Garchomp would be impossible to beat, but there are hazers and alternative weather conditions to prevent that. Have you guys heard of chain chomp before back in D/P/Pl/HG/SS? That's what caused the ban for that reason. Blaziken on the other side shouldn't be banned because they missed the primary ability which is blaze and of course mega blaziken and speed boost blaziken should be banned although they don't have the right to do that because there are countermeasures strategy such as trick room team or using goomy family with gooey ability and have blaziken with speed boost and mega blaziken target goomy family with gooey ability. Smogon said  Apparently they don't have the right to do that if it's making battles unfair for others. There Are strategies that can counter speed boost blaziken and mega blaziken. we play as we want to play and forget the tiers too. Some of us play anything goes rules for the battles and mega evo rule is optional if you want to allow mega evo or not.

Eh, it's not like anyone ever had to follow Smogon's rules in the main games. I find their bans ridiculous most of the time, the only thing I usually listen to them about is movesets. Besides, every team who's any team should always carry something with priority, Blaziken's defenses usually can't take that much of it. I certainly acknowledge it as one of the most powerful Pokémon, but it's not unbeatable by any means.

Yes, I've beaten one in Singles and 2 of course in Multi. They have nice character designs, but they're pushovers really. Probably not the case in Super though... :/

Yeah, I reckon they'll be very tough in Super Battle Maison challenges. I even tried the Battle Institute to see if my Pokémon team is ready.

• Brohoof 1

Wow. I never thought having a lv. 1 pre-evo battle would be so much fun. I came up with that idea since Pokemon Battle Revolution's Tiny Battle. What's more fun than Having Lv. 1 pre-evo Battle? Here's a battle video of me and my friend If you guys want to watch it. 93FG-WWWW-WWW3-3D2B

Wow. I never thought having a lv. 1 pre-evo battle would be so much fun. I came up with that idea since Pokemon Battle Revolution's Tiny Battle. What's more fun than Having Lv. 1 pre-evo Battle? Here's a battle video of me and my friend If you guys want to watch it. 93FG-WWWW-WWW3-3D2B

I saw the whole battle. I really like how the Pokémon teamed up together! This goes to show you that teamwork is needed in order to make a great Double Battle team.

• Brohoof 1

I still can't believe I haven't posted on this thread yet and I'm almost done with the Pokemon league.. :o 

Anyone want to exchange friend codes?

2423 - 3341 - 7079

• Brohoof 2

Been playing Animal Crossing and doing homework, so I haven't gotten to hatch any more than a single box of Espurrs.. This is pretty disappointing..

Thanksgiving Break starts tomorrow, though, so I'll be hatching Espurrs all week!

I still can't believe I haven't posted on this thread yet and I'm almost done with the Pokemon league.. ohmy.png

2423 - 3341 - 7079

I added you! 4012 - 4608 - 1590 is my friend code.

• Brohoof 1

Here's mine though, You can also find it in the FC topic too: 2363-5641-1771. I got a few Japanese Dittos off from a Friend Safari on my brother's Y version so if you guys want one, Just give me a PM or a contact if you want one. I already have one given out already also the Shiny Ditto is what I'm keeping which I got for my brother and took it off him.

I still can't believe I haven't posted on this thread yet and I'm almost done with the Pokemon league.. ohmy.png

2423 - 3341 - 7079

my Friend code is 0576-4624-8886 So if you wanna add me back feel free to. Anybody can really, until my friends list fills up if it ever does ;p.

I'm going to be taking a bit of a short break until I can transfer my old guys to the new gen. I have some stuff in my black 2 version that can really help me in terms of IV training since that seems to have become a big deal... Until then, I'm going to be preparing designs for an awesome team. I already have a few great ideas based on some youtube video's I've seen. (Mega Mawile is incredible)

Goodra by default is on that team too. It has sort of become my new favourite... img-1995744-1-derpy_emoticon2.png

On a side note, I would love to register some of you on my friend list if you'd like. I rarely extend this, but my code is 1676 - 3680 - 0060 and I've been told that I have a bug friend safari. Just PM me with your code, and I'll certainly add you too :)

Hey! My friend code is 2423 -3341 - 7079. Hope you have some good Pokemon to trade! ?

• Brohoof 1