Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Pokemon X and Y Discussion Thread

BrainyBrony

You have the Pokemon Bank!?

The Japanese Version Had it first before us. You wanna check up on serebii for more information however if the japanese people still have the pokemon bank, It will still work. My Friend said that He found out from a trusted source that Pokemon Bank is going to be released by the end of January. Very likely to be the week after next. and also said it's being called as a rumor for the time being.

The Japanese Version Had it first before us. You wanna check up on serebii for more information however if the japanese people still have the pokemon bank, It will still work. My Friend said that He found out from a trusted source that Pokemon Bank is going to be released by the end of January. Very likely to be the week after next. and also said it's being called as a rumor for the time being.

thanks, but i already know, and it isn't free :(

No, but Japan does. You can get new pokemon from Wonder Trading or GTS. I just swapped one of my Mudkips for a Totodile on GTS

Oh, I got a Kyurem recently and some starters but its almost impossible to get a Landorus!

So, I'm a pretty long way from having an actually half-way decent team but I'm hoping the battling scene isn't super concentrated on using the mega pokes. I mean, there's only a handful of them and I'd hate for the entire game to revolve around them from now on. 

I'm also going to start using friend safari. I especially need a normal type safari (I can't get my hidden ability eevees. PokeBank where are you? :(). Just tell me if you're adding me  :)

FC: 0147 - 0446 - 0522

Edited by Mutemutt

So, I'm a pretty long way from having an actually half-way decent team but I'm hoping the battling scene isn't super concentrated on using the mega pokes. I mean, there's only a handful of them and I'd hate for the entire game to revolve around them from now on. 

I'm also going to start using friend safari. I especially need a normal type safari (I can't get my hidden ability eevees. PokeBank where are you? :(). Just tell me if you're adding me  :)

FC: 0147 - 0446 - 0522

Unfortunately, it is. It's pretty rare to see someone not running a mega now a days; Chomp, Luca, and Khan being the most prominent.

Figures. I just hope it doesn't get too monotonous.

I was kind of hoping that the other play styles, like gravity and baton pass, would get a little more support. I really want to try out a gravity team, just to see if I can make zap cannon and inferno work.

Figures. I just hope it doesn't get too monotonous.

I was kind of hoping that the other play styles, like gravity and baton pass, would get a little more support. I really want to try out a gravity team, just to see if I can make zap cannon and inferno work.

Baton pass is definitely getting more use. Ever since Scolipede got Speed Boost as its new hidden ability baton passing has become more common.

Baton pass is definitely getting more use. Ever since Scolipede got Speed Boost as its new hidden ability baton passing has become more common.

Also worth mentioning is there's another magic bounce user in mega Absol and mega Mawile is downright terrifying, she's got the stats and access to swords dance (and iron defense) and I guess Scolipede makes for a better speed boost passer than Ninjask, so baton pass certainly did get a few more toys to play around with. Still, I was hoping for more baton pass users in general; I'm not even sure if they added any this gen. And maybe one more pokemon that could pass an ingrain (baton pass is pretty much the only thing ingrain is good for, so why not?) and one more soundproof baton passer.

I hate people who make terrible offers on GTS, "I WANT A SHINY LEVEL 100 DIALGA FOR MY LEVEL 2 BIDOOF"... NO. Why the hell do people do this? I mean if you posted a realistic offer it could be accepted within seconds, I got a Meowth for my Porygon in less than 3 minutes, but those retarded offers are never going to be accepted. And when someone wants a level 1-10 Tyranitar, YOU REALIZE THEY EVOLVE AT LEVEL 55, RIGHT?

..Brohoofs anyone?

Edited by Fluffy The Dragon

I hate people who make terrible offers on GTS, "I WANT A SHINY LEVEL 100 DIALGA FOR MY LEVEL 2 BIDOOF"... NO. Why the hell do people do this? I mean if you posted a realistic offer it could be accepted within seconds, I got a Meowth for my Porygon in less than 3 minutes, but those retarded offers are never going to be accepted. And when someone wants a level 1-10 Tyranitar, YOU REALIZE THEY EVOLVE AT LEVEL 55, RIGHT?..Brohoofs anyone?

Thank goodness that GTS has better filtering options now, it's not required to deal with this stuff at all anymore since you can exclude legendaries and have it just display people wanting Pokémon that you have now. ;)

Anyway, I haven't played this in a while... the delay of Pokémon Bank has really killed my interest sadly, whenever it's released though I'll surely be playing again. :huh:

I hate people who make terrible offers on GTS, "I WANT A SHINY LEVEL 100 DIALGA FOR MY LEVEL 2 BIDOOF"... NO. Why the hell do people do this? I mean if you posted a realistic offer it could be accepted within seconds, I got a Meowth for my Porygon in less than 3 minutes, but those retarded offers are never going to be accepted. And when someone wants a level 1-10 Tyranitar, YOU REALIZE THEY EVOLVE AT LEVEL 55, RIGHT?

..Brohoofs anyone?

Hey, I just traded a Meowth for a Porygon the other day =O was it yours?

also a pokerus'd Persian netted me a Japanese Heatran. Booyah. Now to flip it for another legendary and so on and so on

Edited by Doctor XFizzle

..Brohoofs anyone?

Taking up on your agreement, there are a lot of ridiculous Trade offers like that, but by golly, people are being too picky on getting pokemon including shiny. There's a saying "you get what you see" or "you get what you get" That's what I learned so far. GTS and wonder trade aren't that reliable at all for getting pokemon that you want.

Let me first say that I absolutely adored the new graphics. Absolutely stunning..

I liked the Pokemon designs for the most part, with the exception of Zygrade and Klefki. Other than that, my favorite Pokemon in this game are in no particular order:

1. Greninja (My starter's final evolution. He is super fast and has an awesome design).

2. Furfrou (A TANK with its ability Fur Coat) I adore it on my team!

3. Avalugg (Slow, but makes up for it because it's a damn TANK with training. It's also a fantastic ice type and has a good move pool).

4. Noivern and Noibat (Noivern is fast and Noibat is f*cking so CUTE).

5. Xerneus

6. Pyroar (female)

7. Meowstic

8. Swirlix (ADORABLE)

9. Malamar

10. Dragalge

11. Clawitzer

12. Espurr

The game was a little too short for my taste. There really isn't THAT much to do at all after the elite four besides a side quest for that detective in Lumiouse City and catch all the left-over Pokemon.. The game went by fairly quickly, but I still enjoyed every minute of it.

(But I had a hard time catching that Furfrou in the hedge maze) -_-

I LOVE the fact that there were so many Pokemon to catch from all the previous regions, being able to customize your character, and Pokemon amie.

And of course.. The mega evolutions. Some were ugly.. But my favorites are mega Charizard X, mega Houndoom, and mega Electrike.

The only thing I do on the game now is go back and catch the Pokemon I haven't already and groom my Furfrou.

Edited by Samurott77

Honestly, while most aspects of the game mechanic wise and graphics wise were fantastic, possibly the most enjoyable I've played in the series, but one thing that bugged me was the lack of stuff to do post-game compared to say, Heartgold and Soulsilver.

That and I keep getting my ass kicked in online battles...

And if I were to list my favourite new Pokemon, it would probably be something like this:

1.Sylveon. Saved me from dying a lot, and I just find the design adorable.

2.Chespin, but only the first and third forms. Because Quiladin just looks too goofy to me, but the rest of the line is great.

3.Xerneas. By far my favourite of the legendaries. Not only does it do a great job of showing off the new fairy type, but it's so majestic looking.

4.Fletchling line. A really nice idea for a reigonal bird, I love the fire-flying combination (a reason why I like Charizard) and I just like the design.

5.Greninja line. By far the most overrated pokemon of X and Y in my opinion, but even I can't deny that it's badass. Plus I love Pokemon with high speed and special attack.

6.Goodra line. New Dragon type? Looks adorable? Purple? My kind of pokemon.

7.Espurr line. Literally just a case of liking the designs, plus it's a rare thing for the series, a cat pokemon I actually like.

And those are the ones on the top of my head. Keep in mind, I'm not a competitive pokemon player or anything.

I heard pokemon bank came back for japan, but it's too bad I can't use it on my brother's japanese 3DS XL. 2 problems are it only works with games that share its region and the other problem is that not sure if the eShop card would work on his japanese 3DS XL.

The US version, well 1 thing for sure is whether my friend's statement on the release may be true or not. I'm putting my faith on them.

GTS and wonder trade aren't that reliable at all for getting pokemon that you want.

GTS and Wonder Trade have done wonders for me on Y, especially Wonder Trade. I got all the unobtainable starters from there from Japan kids with Pokemon Bank.

Doctor XFizzle's humblebrag GTS Legendary! Checklist Update: (legendaries I've gotten off GTS from Japan)

- Heatran (for pokerus Persian)

- Uxie (for Heatran)

- Azelf (for Uxie)

- Mesprit (for Azelf)

- Cresselia (for Mesprit)

- Palkia (for Cresselia)

- Dialga (for Palkia)

- Giratina (for Dialga)

- Regigigas (for Giratina)

- PENDING: Darkrai (for Regigigas)

Edited by Doctor XFizzle

I need a Thunderstone, and I've already used the two hidden ones. Can someone please help?

Can't you buy Thunderstones in Luminous City?

I could have sworn there is a shop in there that sells Fire, Leaf and Thunder Stones

Can't you buy Thunderstones in Luminous City?

I could have sworn there is a shop in there that sells Fire, Leaf and Thunder Stones

Thunder Stones aren't for sale, just Water, Leaf, and Fire.

Thunder, Dusk, Shiny, Dawn, Sun stones have to be found or won from Inverse Battle or through Super Training

Thunder Stones aren't for sale, just Water, Leaf, and Fire.

Thunder, Dusk, Shiny, Dawn, Sun stones have to be found or won from Inverse Battle or through Super Training

So I guess the real question is how far is he in the game?