Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Pokemon X and Y Discussion Thread

BrainyBrony

So I guess the real question is how far is he in the game?

I've actually beaten the game already.

Thunder Stones aren't for sale, just Water, Leaf, and Fire.

Thunder, Dusk, Shiny, Dawn, Sun stones have to be found or won from Inverse Battle or through Super Training

I tried the Super Training method, and it's way too freaking hard for me! I need to go vent out my frustration now...

It's probably surprising for some, but I haven't even attempted any kind of trading yet. Now that my box is filling up with tons of... expendable pokemon, I should probably try out wonder trading. Oh, what I wouldn't give to get a hidden ability eevee... At the very least, I can earn some Poke miles to buy some heart scales with.

It's probably surprising for some, but I haven't even attempted any kind of trading yet. Now that my box is filling up with tons of... expendable pokemon, I should probably try out wonder trading. Oh, what I wouldn't give to get a hidden ability eevee... At the very least, I can earn some Poke miles to buy some heart scales with.

Totally a thing that can happen. For as much shit there is on Wonder Trade, there is also some usefull shit on there too.

I got a foriegn Imposter Ditto. Dunno about IVs yet, but he's a powerhouse no matter what

Wow, I just checked GTS. Everyone's asking for legendaries in exchange for their lv 1 eevee. Too funny. But, seriously GTS is kind of terrible at the moment. I wish I could at least see the ability of the pokemon before I trade. I am more than willing to trade a legendary for a hidden ability eevee, level 1 or not. *Sigh* If I could just transfer my old pokemon, I'd just breed my own...

Doctor XFizzle's humblebrag GTS Legendary! Checklist Update: (legendaries I've gotten off GTS from Japan)

- Heatran (for pokerus Persian)

- Uxie (for Heatran)

- Azelf (for Uxie)

- Mesprit (for Azelf)

- Cresselia (for Mesprit)

- Palkia (for Cresselia)

- Dialga (for Palkia)

- Giratina (for Dialga)

- Regigigas (for Giratina)

- Zekrom (for Regigigas)

- Reshiram (for Zekrom)

- Kyurem (for Reshiram)

- SHINY!! Landorus (for Kyurem)

- SHINY!! Tornadus (for SHINY!! Landorus)

- SHINY!! Thundurus (for SHINY!! Tornadus)

- Virizion (for SHINY!! Thundurus)

- Terrakion (for Virizion)

- Cobalion (for Terrakion)

- Groudon (for Cobalion)

were the forces of nature legendaries shiny by default or did I go on a lucky GTS streak? They were all JPN.

Edited by Doctor XFizzle

Oh, I beat a battle mansion chatelaine a while ago. Doubles, I believe (against Evelyn). I literally surfed every pokemon in every one of the battles straight just using Vaporeon and Lapras. Water absorb shenanigans worked out better than expected.

yeah, I can't seem to get past the 17-19th battle on singles and doubles. My primary team is

Aegislash - Sacred Sword, Shadow Claw, Iron Head, Rock Slide

Meowstic - Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Psyshock (might be replacing this)

Greninja - U-Turn, Night Slash, Surf, Blizzard

usually I get owned by a high speed Fighting type, or a speed boost Carvahna/Sharpedo (which is why I gave U-Turn to Greninja)

Edited by Doctor XFizzle

yeah, I can't seem to get past the 17-19th battle on singles and doubles. My primary team is

Aegislash - Sacred Sword, Shadow Claw, Iron Head, Rock Slide

Meowstic - Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Psyshock (might be replacing this)

Greninja - U-Turn, Night Slash, Surf, Blizzard

usually I get owned by a high speed Fighting type, or a speed boost Carvahna/Sharpedo (which is why I gave U-Turn to Greninja)

Aegislash is made for Balanced pokemon so you may wanna come up with a king's shield to protect you and lower your opponent's phy atk stat if you're gonna enter attack mode. Blizzard is inaccurate unless you can get PP up by scavenging around the areas or a high leveled pokemon with pick-up ability. I may strongly suggest using Ice beam over blizzard. Blizzard is useful for hoardes, double and triple battles, and farming items in outdoor battles.

Aegislash is made for Balanced pokemon so you may wanna come up with a king's shield to protect you and lower your opponent's phy atk stat if you're gonna enter attack mode. Blizzard is inaccurate unless you can get PP up by scavenging around the areas or a high leveled pokemon with pick-up ability. I may strongly suggest using Ice beam over blizzard. Blizzard is useful for hoardes, double and triple battles, and farming items in outdoor battles.

Yeah, I was considering swapping ice beam for blizzard. I'll probably do that.

Now as for Meowstic, I should look into something to replace Psyshock to make her more well-rounded. I'll check out which TMs I have or can buy that she can learn.

Pokedex Hunting, only missing 4 non-legendaries now

- Porygon2, Porygon-Z, Mismagius, and Froslass

so if anyone has the above, I'm down to trade

Edited by Doctor XFizzle

Pokedex Hunting, only missing 4 non-legendaries now

- Porygon2, Porygon-Z, Mismagius, and Froslass

so if anyone has the above, I'm down to trade

I'm about to start breeding for a modest Porygon so chances are I'll have tons of extras. I'll see if I can get an Upgrade/Dubious Disc to evolve it.

Edited by N-Harmonia
  • Brohoof 1

I have got back into this a bit actually, training a few Pokémon that I haven't before here and there, as well as using some that I haven't for a while in turn realizing just how much of a beast Sylveon is- seriously, out of all the Fairy types I've used, I gotta say it's performed in battle for me best, with Togekiss being a very close second. Such an awesome Pokémon. :)

Still waiting on that Pokémon Bank release though... I really want my old guys over in this game already. :huh:

My Friend's prediction on the pokemon bank release was wrong, but we were thinking it might be this week. If not then we'll just have to face our predictions wrong. I'm hoping they can compensate us for another 1-month free trial and celebi distribution.

I love to help you guys with the transfers, but the only thing is that 1 person and my friend said that the pokemon bank can only work in a different currency and a japanese version of Black & White 1 & 2. 2 ways to find out was either I ask the person who has the same japanese 3DS (XL) and see if the download works or figure out how download the pokemon bank to my brother's japanese 3DS XL.

I hope you're serious since I can't try it out right now. I did see news of it coming "soon" yesterday, but didn't expect it to be this soon.

edit: OMG  he speaks the truth. Pokemon bank is indeed out for the US. I'm downloading it right now.

Edited by Mutemutt

...Man, I'm way more casual about Pokemon than I thought after taking a look at this thread. :lol:

I got Pokemon X for Christmas, finally tore into it a few weeks ago... Personally, I really don't like/have a use for a lot of these new features and whatnot. I don't really care to do this online trading/battles/friends whatever that is all about.  Am I the only one who feels items are WAY too easy to acquire? It seems like every route has at least 5 or 6 not so very will hidden on them, and every other person you talk to in towns gives you one thing or another... I have too much crap I'm not going to use.

Honestly, I'm not very far into the game as of yet (Just suffered my first loss against the 2nd gym leader) but already it feels like they've tried to add too much to the core basics of the game, and I really hope they don't try and add more next generation around or it might not even feel like Pokemon anymore. :(

...Man, I'm way more casual about Pokemon than I thought after taking a look at this thread. :lol:

I got Pokemon X for Christmas, finally tore into it a few weeks ago... Personally, I really don't like/have a use for a lot of these new features and whatnot. I don't really care to do this online trading/battles/friends whatever that is all about.  Am I the only one who feels items are WAY too easy to acquire? It seems like every route has at least 5 or 6 not so very will hidden on them, and every other person you talk to in towns gives you one thing or another... I have too much crap I'm not going to use.

Honestly, I'm not very far into the game as of yet (Just suffered my first loss against the 2nd gym leader) but already it feels like they've tried to add too much to the core basics of the game, and I really hope they don't try and add more next generation around or it might not even feel like Pokemon anymore. :(

So, like, what do you do? Just, like, play through the story and collect items? 

Speaking of items, I actually missed a ton since I never found cut and, as expected, there's plenty of items placed behind those pesky shrubs.

Honestly, I feel like not a whole lot of the core mechanics have changed. Catch pokemon, strike the enemy's weak point for massive damage, take opponent's lunch money, continue on to the next stage. The only major changes I see are significantly less work trying to conquer the RNG, mega evolutions, and fairy type shaking up the type match ups.

As an added note, I recommend for anyone to not try out the pokemon bank as of now.

Recent news and complaints show that the bank is suffering some major problems such as duplicates, missing and unknown pokemon, and errors popping out at random times.

I recommend waiting for Nintendo to further announce if the problem will be fixed.

• Brohoof 1

So, like, what do you do? Just, like, play through the story and collect items?

...Yes. That's the fun part. :P

Honestly, I feel like not a whole lot of the core mechanics have changed. Catch pokemon, strike the enemy's weak point for massive damage, take opponent's lunch money, continue on to the next stage. The only major changes I see are significantly less work trying to conquer the RNG, mega evolutions, and fairy type shaking up the type match ups.

No, the basis of the game hasn't changed very much - I just feel there's been too much added to it that it distracts from the main mechanics too much. Put it this way: I feel that Pokemon always has been a very simple game, and that's one of its best qualities. All these bells and whistles are just clutter and get in the way.

Edited by Abstract

...Yes. That's the fun part. :P

I see. I was just curious.

For me, the funnest part is telling my cousin how my vaporeon is going to surf over his entire team and hearing is reactions ( and pretty much saying "whatever, I'm just gonna surf it" to pretty much every comeback he says). I know, I'm a terrible person, but it's just too much fun annoying him  :catface: .

No, the basis of the game hasn't changed very much - I just feel there's been too much added to it that it distracts from the main mechanics too much. Put it this way: I feel that Pokemon always has been a very simple game, and that's one of its best qualities. All these bells and whistles are just clutter and get in the way.

I don't really get that feeling, but fair enough.

Pokémon Bank is finally out eh... well I'll try to get to that when I can to transfer all the Pokémon I need to, before the free trial period ends anyway since I'm not really interested in using it for storage or anything. :wacko:

• Brohoof 1