gaming Pokemon X and Y Discussion Thread

BrainyBrony

Pokémon Bank is finally out 

Wait... what?

tumblr_n0h0onamAI1qhzw8jo1_500.jpg

IT BEGINS. 

-furious rummaging through potato chips bag and chugging coffee, ready to poketransfer-

In all honesty, though, I don't care. I mean, I do, and I'm glad it's out, but I can't hype it 'cause I don't have the other games, nor worth-while Pokemon.

Just gonna leech off of my friends since that's what friends do..

Steal their 6iv Cottonees

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On another note, do you guys know if it's faster to level Pokemon up to level 50 with or without taking the time to max affection?

I'm in a rush to fully level and EV train two Pokemon for a battle I have on Friday.

Edited by Xievie
  • Brohoof 1

Wait... what?

img-2277877-1-tumblr_n0h0onamAI1qhzw8jo1

IT BEGINS.

-furious rummaging through potato chips bag and chugging coffee, ready to poketransfer-

In all honesty, though, I don't care. I mean, I do, and I'm glad it's out, but I can't hype it 'cause I don't have the other games, nor worth-while Pokemon.

Just gonna leech off of my friends since that's what friends do..

Steal their 6iv Cottonees

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On another note, do you guys know if it's faster to level Pokemon up to level 50 with or without taking the time to max affection?

I'm in a rush to fully level and EV train two Pokemon for a battle I have on Friday.

Max affection, like happiness? That doesn't really matter unless you're going for a friendship evolution, or plan on teaching something Return or Draco Meteor to a Dragon-type Pokémon, no real need to maximise affection unless you're going for one of those.

If you are though, have your pokes battle with Sooth Bell, use items like vitamins, and there's a massage lady in Cyllage City next to the Pokémon Center who will massage one Pokémon a day, but it gives them a lot of happiness. Otherwise, just always keep it with you and don't let it faint.

Affection doesn't effect experience at all though if that's what you're asking, so yeah it's definitely faster not to max it if you don't need to. :huh:

Max affection, like happiness? That doesn't really matter unless you're going for a friendship evolution, or plan on teaching something Return or Draco Meteor to a Dragon-type Pokémon, no real need to maximise affection unless you're going for one of those.

If you are though, have your pokes battle with Sooth Bell, use items like vitamins, and there's a massage lady in Cyllage City next to the Pokémon Center who will massage one Pokémon a day, but it gives them a lot of happiness. Otherwise, just always keep it with you and don't let it faint.

Affection doesn't effect experience at all though if that's what you're asking, so yeah it's definitely faster not to max it if you don't need to. :huh:

The affection system when you play with Pokemon is what I'm referring to.

What you use to evolve an Eevee into a Sylveon.

It also affects your evasiveness and critical rate.

Experience is also affected.

Pokebank is finally out! I'm a little pissed off though. I took the time to catch Zekrom, and Kyurem in Black 2 and I fused them together. I go to put them in Pokebank, and it's all like "NOPE!". Why did I have to fuse them? Why did I have to play God?  :o

Anyways I was thinking it'd be cool if we had a Pokémon X and Y Tournament on the forums sometime in the future now that Pokebank is out.  

Anyways I was thinking it'd be cool if we had a Pokémon X and Y Tournament on the forums sometime in the future now that Pokebank is out.  

It would be cool, though the last pokemon tourny we held kinda died out before it finished. *Sigh* and I was doing so well too... 

• Brohoof 1

Oh that's right, Pokémon Amie. I'd say it's definitely faster not to use it, I usually don't anyway, since with Lucky Egg and Experience Power you can gain experience on your Pokémon very quickly anyway.

I didn't know affection affected experience gain. I haven't even tried pokemon amie... I probably only do it for sylveon then never touch it again.

Yeah, that's all I ever really did with it. It's funny to play around with once and a while to see tougher Pokémon act all cute though. :P

Garchomp is surprisingly adorable when petted

It's been a fair while since I've even played the game, or posted on this thread,

My 3DS broke a few months back from something happening (I can't even remember anymore) and I just bought a new one.

And hopefully it'll arrive soon, I'm thinking of starting X again after so long and playing it as a Nuzlocke, or maybe a Wonderlocke, I'll have to see.

And I'm so glad the PokeBank came out, I can finally trade my Shinies :DD
And get past the hack-free thingy, and get my shiny Ho-Oh and such...

Also I'm wondering, what would be a good water type to use for another play through, no I will not use a starter, I refuse to...

Edited by Rassilon

Well That's true and not only those are the traits that will affect your pokemon in battles from pokemon amie, but also there's a chance of enduring the hit and erasing the status ailment.

Pokebank is finally out! I'm a little pissed off though. I took the time to catch Zekrom, and Kyurem in Black 2 and I fused them together. I go to put them in Pokebank, and it's all like "NOPE!". Why did I have to fuse them? Why did I have to play God?  :o

I know you prob already figured this out, but the FAQ said that you can't transfer Kyurem-W or Kyurem-B, all you gotta do is split them and transfer them individually.  There's a punk girl in Kiloude that gives you the DNA Splicers so you can re-fuse them.

Was anyone else maybe a bit too hasty in transferring mons?  I kinda regret not tutoring Earth Power to my Rash Kyurem for max Kyurem-B shenanigans.  Stealth Rock and Knock Off on my Adamant Landorus-T would have been nice as well.

Either way I already started using Hyper Voice Mega Gardevoir in the Maison and it's so great omg, I'm leading with it in Super Multi alongside an AI partner with Scarf Eruption Entei and Thick Club 4 attacks Marowak.  So far I tried Heatran, Gyarados, and Zapdos as backup, not sure which is best.  Max power STAB Eruption and Pixilate STAB Hyper Voice is a cool combo that mostly misses out on Fire-types, which I guess I have Tailwind Zapdos and Marowak for?  Really Zapdos is just there for DisQuake with Marowak with added Heat Wave.  The Multi trophy is the only one I don't have yet and doing it with AI really sux.

In other Maison news I have an ongoing 150 streak in Super Singles because Cloyster is OP, holding off until I can brute-force Super Multi.  Sash Cloyster/Lum Garchomp/Leftovers mixed Aegislash 2gud

(does anyone have a spare shiny event Genesect with Iron Head and the event moves plz, I can trade a couple shiny Gulpin or a Hasty Sheer Force Landorus or an Impish and Brave Regirock or something)

• Brohoof 1

Espeon, on 09 Feb 2014 - 09:04 AM, said:

I know you prob already figured this out, but the FAQ said that you can't transfer Kyurem-W or Kyurem-B, all you gotta do is split them and transfer them individually.  There's a punk girl in Kiloude that gives you the DNA Splicers so you can re-fuse them.

What? But I already restarted my Black 2 game.

http://youtu.be/7FGKLwDrJkc

Oh well, it's not that big of a deal. I'll just have to catch them again.

So I just started transferring pokemon over using bank + transporter and, I gotta say, it's super tedious. It's a good thing I don't have a ton to transfer over because I'm already tired of using it. I wish there was still an option to transfer using IR just like before... >_>

Well, whatever. At least I finally have my hidden ability eevee now and it's a female too. My lucky day! Now I just need a nickname...

@@Mutemutt, the cartridge-swapping and move-more-stuff-to-Box-1-and-restart-Poketransfer-ing was an exercise in patience, but I found it pretty easy to maneuver around the Bank app proper.  Useful tip if you didn't know, pressing Start until the cursor is green lets you select multiple Pokemon at a time, so you could move the entire transfer box into another box, transfer more until you're satisfied, then drag entire boxes at a time into XY if you have the free space.  Of course the tip probably isn't of much use to you if you already completed your transfers...

It took me hours to transfer four or so boxes only because my campus internet disconnects me after 90 or so seconds, so I generally had to drag six mons at a time and quit as fast as possible to cut down on load times.  Usually I would get disconnected while loading was happening, so the app had to perform a cleanup procedure if the transfer was successful, but at least it worked.  The cleanup procedure message was an indication that it worked, but it turns out it has to be done before the process can be moved further along, something I found out when trying to bypass it by transporting more mons to the transfer box.  Long story short, I should have waited until I could go home for the weekend and have a continuous connection, but it was a snow day and I couldn't help myself.

(of course now my 3DS can't even connect to the Wifi except in connection tests and the browser b/c error code 001-0502, so I can't Wonder Trade these 18 Bold egg moves Chansey I bred or try some legendary exchange on the GTS QQ)

So I have finally transfered all my important Pokémon from White/White 2 to X with all the app-swapping, cartridge-switching, internet-requiring action you gotta do... it was surprisingly rather painless and quick though. I'm just glad to have them in X now though. :P

So hey, does anyone have an Aggronite I can have? I can offer an EV trained Gliscor or Nidoking or Arcanine in return. Level 100, each.

Edited by Bard

New event Pokémon officially revealed today, Diancie:

Seems to be a 'mutation' of sorts of Carbink, kinda like a Mew/Mewtwo relationship. No distribution/event method revealed yet though. :huh:

I want one. :wacko:

• Brohoof 2

That's interesting. I wasn't a big fan of Carbink, huge defensive stats but a lacking move pool. Diancie seems to have, at the very least,  a useable special atk and calm mind and, most importantly, good looks. 

I want one too.  :wacko:

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
(edited)

I have a Skiddo with Razor Leaf, Growth, Protect, and Worry Seed, I was given the chance to teach it Synthesis, which is a grass move, thing is, I also have a Ivysaur with Sweet Scent, Poison Powder, Sleep Powder, and Leech Seed.

I heard it works with an offensive Venusaur, but since I already have a defensive moveset on him, would it be worth it to teach to Skiddo?

Synthesis:
The User restores its own HP.

The amount of HP regained varies with the weather.

PP: 5

Edited by Shadowking58

Horn leech is a much better option. If you aren't playing competitively, teach your skiddo synthesis for now and get rid of it for horn leech later. if you are playing competitively, just wait for horn leech.

• Brohoof 1

I don't play much competitive multiplayer, but I have beaten the game, and the elite 4 several times. My highest lvl pokemon is a doublade at 97 ( know most evolve it, but I think giving it an eviolite actually gives it better def and special def. I dunno tho)

Why it's doublade I have no idea. I'm planning on getting all my used pokemon to level 100, but first I'm aiming for a salamance and a metagross.

Basically now that's I've won I have nothing to do.

in case u care, here's a friend code:

0662-4210-0352

I don't play much competitive multiplayer, but I have beaten the game, and the elite 4 several times. My highest lvl pokemon is a doublade at 97 ( know most evolve it, but I think giving it an eviolite actually gives it better def and special def. I dunno tho)

Why it's doublade I have no idea. I'm planning on getting all my used pokemon to level 100, but first I'm aiming for a salamance and a metagross.

Basically now that's I've won I have nothing to do.

in case u care, here's a friend code:

0662-4210-0352

Well, I think most of the reason people evolve Doublade is for the ability more so than anything, which gives it versatility.

Technically with an eviolite it should have more defense, as Doublade doesn't have a difference defense to Aegislash, however Aegislash gets basically double the special defense. Plus with it's ability it can effectively switch it's Special Defense and Defense, with it's Attack and Special attack. Which can prove useful.

Doublade would have a pretty big defense though, but at the cost of Sp defense and Aegislash's ability.

I have a Skiddo with Razor Leaf, Growth, Protect, and Worry Seed, I was given the chance to teach it Synthesis, which is a grass move, thing is, I also have a Ivysaur with Sweet Scent, Poison Powder, Sleep Powder, and Leech Seed.

I heard it works with an offensive Venusaur, but since I already have a defensive moveset on him, would it be worth it to teach to Skiddo?

Synthesis:

The User restores its own HP.

The amount of HP regained varies with the weather.

PP: 5

I find Horn Leech is better than Synthesis overall, unless you plan on using Sunny Day or something, because then Synthesis goes from 50% restoration to 75%(Correct me if I'm wrong).

However in the Rain and Hail, it will be reduced to 25% Healing.

Plus horn leech does some damage, so personally I think it's better off. 

But if your doing a normal playthrough i'd teach it synthesis until you can replace it with horn leech.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was in the Forest Maze area, leveling up my Garchomp. (His name is Sparklez) And I found a shiny Noctowl. I actually reacted pretty casually to it, unlike other people I've seen. Have you ever had shiny moments?

• Brohoof 3