Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Pokemon X and Y Discussion Thread

BrainyBrony

In pokemon fire red I found a shiny zubat. I still ran away though, screw them. I wanted out of the cave as fast as I could. 

And in pokemon diamond I found a shiny drifloon. I was about to just pass it up as I walked by valley windworks, but I thought "eh, why the hay not?" to my surprise it was a shiny so hecks yea I caught it!

First legit Shiny I ran into was a Scyther on original Silver during the Bug Catching Contest. Before I found (and caught it) I didn't know others besides Gyrados had alternate colors so I was pretty stoked when I won the contest with it.

I also found a Shiny Gastly on Leaf Green outside of Lavender Town, caught that one too. Then there was the Safari Zone moment where I ran into a Chansey while looking for a Lucky Egg on Fire Red. It got away. TWO Pokemon encounters later, I found a Shiny Venomoth. Which also fled. Without an ActionReplay those were the only Shiny Pokemon I've encountered.

(edited)

uuhhhh. *thinks hard*

Shiny Shroomish: Sapphire

Shiny Lotad: Emerald

Shiny Kricketune: Pearl

Shiny Totodile: HeartGold

Shiny Growlithe (I gave it to my sister): HeartGold

Shiny Watchog: White 2
Shiny Seedot: Emerald

all chance encounters.

(edit: I knew I was missing something!)

Edited by Destiny

I never get shiny Pokemon I actually like. Last one I got was a shiny Durant. I guess I should be grateful, some people never even see shiny Pokemon.

I've found two shinies in my life: Geodude in Pearl, and Gulpin in Emerald. I think I still have the Gulpin, but I have no idea what happened to the Geodude.

Congratulations! I recently came across a shiny quagsire. Other than that, I've ran into a shiny ponyta in gold (gbc) and a shiny skarmory in gen 4. I've also caught a shiny basculin by chain fishing, but it's honestly crap in colour and species.

I really want to breed myself a shiny vulpix in X and Y eventually too. Ninetales is one of my favourites and she has an amazing shiny.

Congratulations on the Shiny Noctowl! I think Noctowl has a nice shiny forme. *u*

My first shiny encounter is a Hoppip in SoulSilver. One day, I got tired of training my Pokémon, so I tried to look for a Chansey holding a Lucky Egg. I didn't really had much success in the first two days, but upon the third day around 5 in the morning, I encountered the green, sparkling blob.

After that, my luck on finding Shiny Pokémon has increased greatly. From 2011 to 2014, I have found 14 Shinies, which I find surprising since I couldn't find any Shinies before then.

And since I'm rather proud of the Shinies I catch, I'm going to leave this photo I took of a certain one I found. Take note of the form differences section on the right. :D

post-26117-0-00715400-1406705761_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I remember on Pokémon X when I encountered a shiny Dwebble and a shiny Riolu in the Friend Safari. I certainly was lucky to find those Pokémon.

However, I also hatched some shiny Pokémon while breeding. For example, I hatched a shiny Bulbasaur and a shiny Gible. That's all I can remember.

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 2

I have had all of two encounters with shinies since I started playing Pokemon. The first was a shiny Jinx in Gold when I had no idea what shinies were (apart from the fact that you could catch a red Gyarados) and the second was a shiny Gligar in Y. I'm pretty sure my family heard my squeals of joy from the floor below me.

I once found a shiny gyarados, but it broke out of EVERY SINGLE POKEBALL I threw at it! Even my master ball!!! So I had to faint it. I had about 20 hits clocked in with my caterpie anyway and needed the XP.

Shiny pre-evolution Weevile (forget the name) same game as the above

SNEASEL!! My favorite Pokemon!

Oh and I forgot to mention the one shiny I did get through breeding on Y Version. I did manage to get a shiny Seedot that I evolved into Nuzleaf, and I decided to give him the nickname, DeezNuz, traded him away for a shiny Mawile, though.

I've only come across 2 shiny Pokemon in my journey.

I ran into a wild shiny Rosellia in Pokemon Ruby, and a while shiny Spoink in Pokemon X.

I have, however, received random shiny Pokemon through random trades.

Also, I used to be obsessed with creating my own shinys on to website where you created any shiny Pokemon you wanted, and sent it to your game.

Now, I feel like such a hacker for using it ^_^

Today, I just hope that I will randomly encounter a shiny.

No more cheating.

I have had all of two encounters with shinies since I started playing Pokemon. The first was a shiny Jinx in Gold when I had no idea what shinies were (apart from the fact that you could catch a red Gyarados) and the second was a shiny Gligar in Y. I'm pretty sure my family heard my squeals of joy from the floor below me.

When I encountered my first shiny, I didn't know what it was, either!

I thought my game was broken and messed up the Pokemon's colors ^_^

• Brohoof 1

I once found a shiny Seaking, and had no idea what a shiny was at the time...  :okiedokielokie:  Luckily my friends were watching me play and they told me to catch it. I owe them. I still have it in my PC now...  B)

• Brohoof 1

Hm, we talkin' shinies now...

In gen 4 I got a shiny Octillery randomly fishing in Diamond and a shiny Slowpoke while EV training my Machoke in HeartGold, and I made sure I got all 3 of the shiny event legendary beasts(I got 2 Suicune even). Gen 5 however, no Pokémon would shine for me sadly...

This game though, it gave me 4- Abra and Shuppet from the Friend Safari, Zweilous randomly in the wild, and a Charmander from egg hatching when I wasn't even trying for one. Generous, game, generous. :D

Anyway, I haven't done much in this game lately actually.

• Brohoof 1

Speaking of Shinies, I've literally found 4 shinies in Gold that weren't a Gyarados. And I couldn't do jack with any of them. 3 of them were in the same Nuzlocke run too.

They were:

Shiny Voltorb

Shiny Drowzee

Shiny Krabby

Shiny Ursarang