gaming Which console/consoles will you own this generation?

Forlong

32 users have voted

1. 1. Which of these consoles do you plan to get or already have?

• Wii U
    • PS4
    • Xbox One
    • 3DS
    • Vita

Well I already have a Wii U (Obviously) and neither of the other two consoles really have any appeal to me so for the foreseeable future I won't be getting either of them.

Btw why is the Vita an option but not the 3DS?

WonderColtSignatureLong_zps7ce99fbc.png

I've actually been working on catching up to the current generation of gaming (the most advanced console I have is a PS2). So I plan on buying a PS3 and possibly a 3DS as soon as I can afford it. Plus I figure that while I'm catching up on the last seven years, Sony/Microsoft might actually get some games that interest me on their new consoles.

I've been debating whether or not to get myself a PS4or a dedicated PC. I've been leaning towards PC gaming lately, and consoles are beginning to appeal less to me. Expensive as shit, though....

nniUD9E.gif

NONE OF THEM! BECAUSE  95% OF GAMES TODAY ARE TERRIBLE! BAHAHAHA! 9QvF1.png   

*plays Spyro on PS1*

Kids these days dunno what they're missing. xJr4u.png

• Brohoof 1

Pancakes taste like well seasoned DVD cases.

NONE OF THEM! BECAUSE  95% OF GAMES TODAY ARE TERRIBLE! BAHAHAHA! img-1628678-1-9QvF1.png   

*plays Spyro on PS1*

Kids these days dunno what they're missing. img-1628678-2-xJr4u.png

Yeah, the old games were a joy to play! I actually bought the Spyro Trilogy just last week for only £3.99 on PSN, and I've been playing the first one on my Vita for hours. Too bad he's been pretty much wiped of his glory with Skylanders :(

But I also loved the Crash Bandicoot games :)

• Brohoof 3

Yeah, the old games were a joy to play! I actually bought the Spyro Trilogy just last week for only £3.99 on PSN, and I've been playing the first one on my Vita for hours. Too bad he's been pretty much wiped of his glory with Skylanders sad.png

But I also loved the Crash Bandicoot games smile.png

I haven't actually played the other Spyro Games, only the first one. ._.

Don't even get me started on Medieval and Micro Machines. wub.png  

Pancakes taste like well seasoned DVD cases.

Wii U and 3DS, which i already own. No more consoles for me since i already fill my other needs through PC gaming.

A strong lineup of games are coming too, especially for the 3DS in the very near future.

Mario and Luigi: Dream Team this friday for Europeans, X/Y in okt, Pikmin 3, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and more. :)

<3 ~Fairy Fairy~ <3

8HzH0ni.png

I'm going for the PS4. Like I said in the other thread, I can't say there's a whole lot of games that attract me other than maybe MGS5 and Assassin's Creed 4 to a much lesser extent, but I do expect Tekken 7 to come out at some point and I won't be missing that one. That being said, gaming hasn't really been a high point for me lately. I'll also be keeping an eye on the 3DS and see how its games compare as well.

(edited)

I've actually been neutral in the console wars. 

On one hand I'm feeling the Xbox One because I played Xbox and Xbox 360 and liked them a lot and I'm a complete stranger to Playstation. On the other hand Playstation 4 is apparently "the console of the people" while I've been hearing negative things about the Xbox One.

I personally feel like the cutest guy at the dance.

I'm just going to sit back and see how both do after their releases. Lets put words and promises to the test with action.

Edited by Iron Shield
  • Brohoof 1

iSIGgQt.png

I've gotten a 3DS (Pokemon X and Y is the only game I'm looking forward to, as all the other games I have suck), planning to get the WiiU soon THEN get the Playstation 4 cuz I'm a Playstation gurl I only want the WiiU for the Legend of Zelda games and Super Smash Bros. U

• Brohoof 1

I will probably not get a console in the near future, but if I had to choose, I'd pick PS4

The Xbox1 is just... oh my god...

But I guess imma stick to PC gaming for now. I can get my hands on my uncles PS3 when we visit 'em.

img-1762534-2-d6qKWoz.png

Signature by LittleRawr! Well she doesn't do that kind of stuff anymore but if you really want one (which you do) PM her.

My main OC: Redstorm

You know, I'm not going to buy ANY current consoles. At least not for a while. If I did get one it would be a PS4, but consider: once I bought that, I would need a new TV with something better than an RF hookup, and some Blu-Rays to play on it, and then some games...that stuff seriously adds up. Whereas with my current setup, I already have several retro systems I love, a TV that can handle all of them, and no reason to upgrade from DVD. And my games collection is sufficient that I won't need to buy any new ones for a long time, if ever.

I'm at the point many gamers eventually reach where a new generation no longer equals a new purchase, and truthfully I was never that way to begin with. :)

"Human beings fascinate me

Being just the way they are..."

(edited)

Truthishly? None.

I know what you're thinking, "Why the buck are you here then?"

Because i'm ReGen.

Everything seems to gimmicky today.

The Xbox One just wants your bits.

The Wii U has a controller with a touch screen in it. I hate touch screens.

The 3DS and the PS4 seem to be the only options, but they're out of my price range of 10 dollars.

I'll stick with my Dreamcast and PSP. mlp-dsexy.png

Edited by ReGen

"I keep the walking on the right side, but I won't judge the next who handles walking on the wrong. 'Cause that's how he wants to be. No difference, see."

3DS more like 200 dollar Pokemon machine amirite?

I see no reason to buy any other console whatsoever. None of the TV consoles appeal to me anymore. Basides, my 360 is already just gathering dust, why would I want more consoles to gather dust?

I already have a 3ds since summer 2011, and I worked really hard to get it.  (Strawberry fields don't pay much but still...).  I'll also be getting a Wii U for Zelda because I have yet to play a Zelda I didn't like.  PS4 doesn't really interest me since I didn't even bother getting a PS3, the games simply don't interest me.  However, if they decide to put a Dark Cloud 3 on it, it'll be an instant purchase.  I never bought an Xbox and never will, the games don't interest me, you can get most of them on the PS consoles and Microsoft is crap.

INTJ

Introvert(56%)  iNtuitive(12%)  Thinking(75%)  Judging(1%)

• You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (56%)
  • You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)
  • You have distinctive preference of Thinking over Feeling (75%)
  • You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)

I own a 3DS, and have had it since a couple of months after its release. In the future I plan on getting a Wii U, most likely around when Mario Kart 8 comes out because that's the first game that I'm interested in that is coming out on the console. Now I also have an inclination to get a PS4, for Kingdom Hearts III and the third party titles that never make it to the Wii U (in other words 100% of the third party titles I want to play).

mlpwoodwinds.jpg
Everything needs more woodwind!