Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My theory on why all six Elements would have "disrupted the balance"

Commander_PonyShep

Technically, the human world doesn't have magic like Equestria does, and thus could not adapt to its powers the same way as Equestria.  At the same time, the Elements of Harmony possesses the strongest innate magic in all of Equestria.  If any time all six Elements of Harmony entered the human world, their combined powers would of caused the human world to collapse on itself.  And it's already bad enough that only the Element of Magic was taken to the human world by Sunset Shimmer.

Makes you wonder why when by the climax of the film, Twilight's humanized friends became as capable of using the Elements of Harmony's powers as their ponified selves, but without causing the human world to collapse on itself.  Well, if I were to guess, it's that the human-world already had its own version of the Elements of Harmony, and if anytime both sets of EoH's were to interact, they would have caused the human world to collapse on itself with their combined powers, anyway.

Anything.  I'd take anything as a proper explanation as to what Princess Celestia meant by "all six Elements of Harmony entering the human world would disrupt its natural balance", even if it appears convoluted, at first.

She knew something remember Sunset say "You dont know what happens to the element of harmony when it enters here" or something to that sort, without fully explaining what happens so ot seems just another plot hole till explained

She knew something remember Sunset say "You dont know what happens to the element of harmony when it enters here" or something to that sort, without fully explaining what happens so ot seems just another plot hole till explained

"Till explained"?

Besides, I just want news on Season Four, to see Twilight's friends retain their resourcefulness to her despite her becoming an alicorn princess.  Already, three times in a row, her friends were temporarily substituted for Shining Armor and Cadence in A Canterlot Wedding, Spike in The Crystal Empire, and their human doubles in Equestria Girls.  For once, I'd like to see them help Twilight save the day again, and I came up with this proper explanation to assure myself that Twilight will still recognize and work together with them, rather than Shining, Cadence, Spike, and the Human Five.

(edited)

Your right I wish I was a pony and was able to go to ponyvile and still be able to control my powers I love the alicorns so I would be one actually am making a FAn fiction on that anyway gtg plz reply

Your classical lover friend

Spikepie

Edited by spikepie

"Till explained"?

Besides, I just want news on Season Four, to see Twilight's friends retain their resourcefulness to her despite her becoming an alicorn princess.  Already, three times in a row, her friends were temporarily substituted for Shining Armor and Cadence in A Canterlot Wedding, Spike in The Crystal Empire, and their human doubles in Equestria Girls.  For once, I'd like to see them help Twilight save the day again, and I came up with this proper explanation to assure myself that Twilight will still recognize and work together with them, rather than Shining, Cadence, Spike, and the Human Five.

In "A Canterlot Wedding", they fought alongside Twilight against the Changeling horde. In "Crystal Empire," they helped her with the Crystal Fair, Dash was the one who found out the Crystal Heart was an actual relic, then the rest of them kept the Crystal Ponies occupied for as long as they could while Twilight went to find it. I would say they were working with her to save the day. I won't comment much on the Equestria Girls aspect since I have not seen it. However, I will point out that it reportedly is not going to be canonically linked to Season 4.

The first thing she did after her coronation was acknowledge them as her friends in front of a huge crowd of ponies from all over Equestria and the Crystal Empire and admitted that she would not be there if not for them, and their friendship with her. You seem determined to just ignore their contributions and continue claiming that Twilight is leaving them behind, when the events of the show don't support it.

As for your explanation of Celestia's words, your speculation is as good as any, since it seems it wasn't explained very well in the movie itself. I might be able to comment more when I get around to watching it, though. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I can't remember who, but someone else on the forums paid attention to one scene in the movie when the girls were getting ready for the formal, and Rarity pulled a bunch of necklaces out that had their cutie-marks built into them already. All except for Twilight.

Their speculation was that they didn't realize it, but that was this universes' Elements of Harmony. And the 'fake' crown that Shimmer substituted for Twilight's at the beginning of the movie was actually the Element of Magic of the humanverse. Again, Shimmer didn't know that because 'magic doesn't work' in that universe, and it never occurred to her to test a bunch of seemly junk jewelry. The same way the ponyverse Elements of Harmony sat around in the Castle of the Princess Sisters or whatever it was called, as bunch of gray rocks that nobody cared about until the Mane6 came around and claimed them.

Which explains why they were able to go Power Rangers at the end, because they *did* have a full set of Elements of Harmony, just with one of them (Element of Magic) being from the ponyverse.

It's not mentioned in the movie, but I wonder if Twilight brought the 'fake' tiara with her when she went through the mirror.

In any case, assuming this is true, and tying this back to the 'unbalance the multiverse', if the pony Elements of Harmony had all came over there would have been two full sets of Elements in one universe. Given that the Elements are billed as the most powerful magical artifacts *ever*, I can see that being an issue that might have set up a resonance that could tear the fabric of 'reality'.

But I doubt the writers planned that, because it's a bit dark, and way more convoluted than they normally get. And while Celestia tries to give the impression of knowing more than she says, I doubt she would have known about this.

Edited by Fhaolan
  • Brohoof 4

I can't remember who, but someone else on the forums paid attention to one scene in the movie when the girls were getting ready for the formal, and Rarity pulled a bunch of necklaces out that had their cutie-marks built into them already. All except for Twilight.

Their speculation was that they didn't realize it, but that was this universes' Elements of Harmony. And the 'fake' crown that Shimmer substituted for Twilight's at the beginning of the movie was actually the Element of Magic of the humanverse. Again, Shimmer didn't know that because 'magic doesn't work' in that universe, and it never occurred to her to test a bunch of seemly junk jewelry. The same way the ponyverse Elements of Harmony sat around in the Castle of the Princess Sisters or whatever it was called, as bunch of gray rocks that nobody cared about until the Mane6 came around and claimed them.

Which explains why they were able to go Power Rangers at the end, because they *did* have a full set of Elements of Harmony, just with one of them (Element of Magic) being from the ponyverse.

It's not mentioned in the movie, but I wonder if Twilight brought the 'fake' tiara with her when she went through the mirror.

In any case, assuming this is true, and tying this back to the 'unbalance the multiverse', if the pony Elements of Harmony had all came over there would have been two full sets of Elements in one universe. Given that the Elements are billed as the most powerful magical artifacts *ever*, I can see that being an issue that might have set up a resonance that could tear the fabric of 'reality'.

But I doubt the writers planned that, because it's a bit dark, and way more convoluted than they normally get. And while Celestia tries to give the impression of knowing more than she says, I doubt she would have known about this.

But even then, that's the only explanation why.  I just want to believe that Twilight would never replace her friends, even with their humanized doubles, and the idea of "disturb the natural balance" was too vague for me and not a good excuse to keep her friends away from the sidelines.  I'd take any good explanation for what Celestia meant by "disturb the balance", even the idea that two sets of Elements of Harmony and their combined magical output would have caused the human world to collapse on itself.

But even then, that's the only explanation why.  I just want to believe that Twilight would never replace her friends, even with their humanized doubles, and the idea of "disturb the natural balance" was too vague for me and not a good excuse to keep her friends away from the sidelines.  I'd take any good explanation for what Celestia meant by "disturb the balance", even the idea that two sets of Elements of Harmony and their combined magical output would have caused the human world to collapse on itself.

Actually, I can come up with more, if you want. This is what I'm good at, coming up with explanations to things nobody else cares about. ;)

Celestia knows that moving between universes has an unpredictable effect on magical artifacts. A single artifact, say the Element of Magic, may be force for good in Equestria, it might be something else entirely in the humanverse. For example, it might turn the wearer and her minions into demons for no apparent reason.

The more artifacts you take across, and the risk increases exponentially. Taking an entire connected set across and you might very well cause a cataclysmic reaction.

Given that this humanverse is close enough 'hyperspacially' to the ponyverse that many of the ponies in one have parallels in the other, a true cataclysmic effect in one will likely destabilize the other.

Likely Celestia would have sent several of the mane 6 over if it hadn't been the Element of Magic, the keystone artifact of the set, that had been stolen. If it had been the Element of Kindness stolen, then it's entirely possible that Twilight would have been the only one *not* allowed to pursue Shimmer.

• Brohoof 1

hmm this seems like a good topic and theory, as to why the other ponies couldn't go with  twilight, i think it was because the main five would of caused a disturbance in the space time and would of destroyed the two worlds, but its just me

Technically, the human world doesn't have magic like Equestria does, and thus could not adapt to its powers the same way as Equestria.  At the same time, the Elements of Harmony possesses the strongest innate magic in all of Equestria.  If any time all six Elements of Harmony entered the human world, their combined powers would of caused the human world to collapse on itself.  And it's already bad enough that only the Element of Magic was taken to the human world by Sunset Shimmer.

Makes you wonder why when by the climax of the film, Twilight's humanized friends became as capable of using the Elements of Harmony's powers as their ponified selves, but without causing the human world to collapse on itself.  Well, if I were to guess, it's that the human-world already had its own version of the Elements of Harmony, and if anytime both sets of EoH's were to interact, they would have caused the human world to collapse on itself with their combined powers, anyway.

Anything.  I'd take anything as a proper explanation as to what Princess Celestia meant by "all six Elements of Harmony entering the human world would disrupt its natural balance", even if it appears convoluted, at first.

Things don't cross over between universes unscathed. Spike became a dog. Twilight became a human. Her crown became a "turn-people-into-demons" cap, at least when wielded by a villain. There's no bloody telling what would happen if she sent them all...Also, notice the human world already HAS a Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and so on and so forth. The universe will likely not tolerate duplicates, and god help them if the two Pinkies met.

As for why they became suddenly able to use them...Why wouldn't they be able to? There's no suggestion that worlds would collapse if they did, so long as they use THEIR world's version of the Elements. Dragging one world's version of something into other worlds unbalances things, period.

I just want to believe that Twilight would never replace her friends...

Solution: Quit this pointless train of thought of "She had one adventure without her pony pals. OH GOD SHE'LL ABANDONED HER FRIENDS FOREVER AHHHHH!"

• Brohoof 2

What I think is that It´s existing a version of element of harmony that´s six persons (pinkie pie, fluttershy, rainbowdash, raraty, applejack and twilight sparkle) but the only element that´s not a person is the element of magic.

I think that sunset shimmer wanted to breake the friendship between them as in the movie. -_-

Things don't cross over between universes unscathed. Spike became a dog. Twilight became a human. Her crown became a "turn-people-into-demons" cap, at least when wielded by a villain. There's no bloody telling what would happen if she sent them all...Also, notice the human world already HAS a Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and so on and so forth. The universe will likely not tolerate duplicates, and god help them if the two Pinkies met.

As for why they became suddenly able to use them...Why wouldn't they be able to? There's no suggestion that worlds would collapse if they did, so long as they use THEIR world's version of the Elements. Dragging one world's version of something into other worlds unbalances things, period.

Solution: Quit this pointless train of thought of "She had one adventure without her pony pals. OH GOD SHE'LL ABANDONED HER FRIENDS FOREVER AHHHHH!"

People here keep telling me that Human Pinkie once met a girl and a dog who resembled Twilight and Spike, respectively.  That meant that if Twilight were to interact with her human double, she would have caused the human-world to collapse on itself.

If anything, that's what I want to see in the Equestria Girls comic.  Human Twilight moves to the town where Canterlot High School is.  As she spends her first day at the school, she is bombarded by five girls who mistake her for a "pony" who entered their world as a human.  Human Twilight gets confused by all this, and even rejects their friendship just because she looked like the Twilight they met!

Then, Human Twilight investigates the statue her pony-counterpart came from to see if the girls were right.  She accidentally falls through it and enters Equestria, and to her surprise, she became a pony, with her dog, Spike, as a baby dragon!  Then, Pony Twilight encounters Human Twilight, learns her side of the story, and eventually has her pony-friends teach Human Twilight about befriending the five humans she met, while Pony Twilight substitutes for her.  One week later, Human Twilight goes from reluctant to make friends, to willing to make friends, as she returns to the human world to make friends with those five humans, while Pony Twilight returns to her original world.

pray that it becomes a reality.

People here keep telling me that Human Pinkie once met a girl and a dog who resembled Twilight and Spike, respectively.  That meant that if Twilight were to interact with her human double, she would have caused the human-world to collapse on itself.

If anything, that's what I want to see in the Equestria Girls comic.  Human Twilight moves to the town where Canterlot High School is.  As she spends her first day at the school, she is bombarded by five girls who mistake her for a "pony" who entered their world as a human.  Human Twilight gets confused by all this, and even rejects their friendship just because she looked like the Twilight they met!

Then, Human Twilight investigates the statue her pony-counterpart came from to see if the girls were right.  She accidentally falls through it and enters Equestria, and to her surprise, she became a pony, with her dog, Spike, as a baby dragon!  Then, Pony Twilight encounters Human Twilight, learns her side of the story, and eventually has her pony-friends teach Human Twilight about befriending the five humans she met, while Pony Twilight substitutes for her.  One week later, Human Twilight goes from reluctant to make friends, to willing to make friends, as she returns to the human world to make friends with those five humans, while Pony Twilight returns to her original world.

pray that it becomes a reality.

There's just one minor problem with your dream synopsis.  The magic mirror stopped working at the end of the movie and it won't work again for another 30 moons, meaning that the human world and the pony world are pretty much split for the foreseeable future, meaning that there won't be anymore dimension hopping for a while.

At any rate, don't let this whole issue bother you that much.  It's just a movie.  Don't let the little things bother you so much.  Besides, if EqG REALLY bothers you this much, just pretend it never happened and continue waiting for season 4. 

Well, if I were to guess, it's that the human-world already had its own version of the Elements of Harmony, and if anytime both sets of EoH's were to interact, they would have caused the human world to collapse on itself with their combined powers, anyway.

The crown Sunset attempted to replace Twilight's element with? That was the crown from the human world. Just sayin'.

A lot of you keep saying that this movie is not canon.  Well, if it's not canon, why does it take place directly after the events of Magical Mystery Cure?  And why did it have so many nods to past episodes of the show, like Twilight's dance from Sweet and Elite?

Yeah, I was confused when Pinkie said something about Twilight having a clone somewhere else in the city with a pet dog named Spike. Was there actually another Twilight? However, if Twilight's double didn't exist, Twilight herself wouldn't exist either, so I get that. I'm not so sure if the human world has its own set of the Elements of Harmony, but I think since Twilight came into the human world, she binded the spirits of the Elements of Harmony together and created it, I guess..?

That is probably why Celestia did not send them into the portal since, if you do try to alter something in a different universe it usually causes changes in the two universes and some elements would seize to exist.

As for the movie, it could have explained more about disrupting the balance.

A lot of you keep saying that this movie is not canon.  Well, if it's not canon, why does it take place directly after the events of Magical Mystery Cure?  And why did it have so many nods to past episodes of the show, like Twilight's dance from Sweet and Elite?

All indications point that the events of Equestria Girls will NOT affect future events in 'Friendship is Magic', much like how fanfics and fanstories take place within a context of the show, but doesn't affect the show itself.  So if it is easier for you to think of it that way, just think of this as a fanfic.