Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Am I the only one that takes hater's insults to heart?

BrainyBrony

The only reason why some brony hate gets to me is because of when they say things that are bad enough to make me disappointed in them as human beings.

Seriously, sometimes they go a little too far, and try so hard to do it.

Edited by Kobato
  • Brohoof 1

Opinions. They're just opinions. While some things people say may be true, to the fandom as a whole, it is not. No fandom full of a great amount of people can be summed up in what they say. There are always several people that aren't that way.

But anyway, no, I don't take these things to heart. I follow tolerance and kindness, so if someone tries to hate on me, who's to care? I rarely respond to them anyway, but if I do, I just answer with calm and thoughtful points. Giving them the fuel they need to hate even more is the wrong decision. That's why I've stayed away from learning resistance. :)

I can honestly care less they dont really understand and human's have always hated what they could not understand, There is worse people out there then bronies for example ATWA. They worship Manson a murderer and Think of him as some kind of hippie Prophet. Think about them next time someone brings you down for being a Bronie. Or the people who worship Dahmer and Bundy as gods. Way worse people. 

It actually makes me feel unsafe. What if there are actually (and I KNOW there are) some sickly, mental person who is so motivated to hurt bronies, that they actually start to physically damage us? Like, bombing BronyCon or Beating up people who have brony shirts IRL.....

Like StatesTheOblivious said I only take insults to heart if they are specifically directed at me. Yes I still don't like it when people insult bronies but I get really upset when people insult me personally. But that's just how I feel.

the only time that it really bugs me is when they do it over and over seriously, but they have no reasoning behind it and/or haven't even tried to watch a few episodes of the show.

I never take insults to heart (got offended a lot in childhood, almost bullying just that I was stronger to them in most ways, but number. I think it was 6 people and others began to think shit about me without reason and be rude. the key was to be nice back but at the seacond anyone tuched me violently i did "ansver". I was on martial arts so they where pretty deep  hay sometimes). All that stuff made me relise that words can harm you, but if you do not allow them to harm you they are just words. Taking words like that to heart is like getting punched it may hurt, but it is not dangerous and in that scenario it is just childish acting, no reason to leave a lovely fandom like this. you should not be offended (they are jealus of our coolness, true story) soory for terrible grammar XD I hope it is readable.

the message is words hurts often, if you let them.

back to being crazy  ^_^

Edited by a crazy pony

Why would you let the insults go to heart? Why would you even listen to what those people have to say about bronies? They sit there all day just hating on people. Its not even worth listening to, just dont take it to heart or ignore them.

Haters will always try their best at making your life a living hell through harsh commentary and actions.

I do feel for those that take it offensive, but you can't let them win.

With friends, confidence, and grace, you can overcome those haters like me buddy.  ;)

I never take the insults seriously. If you can challenge someone to defend their stance on their own hatred for something, and they can't come up with a good argument, or even any argument at all, then those people have lost the rights to your attention.

No matter what you do, what you like or what you believe in, you will always find someone who will hate you for that. You can leave the fandom and people will find a million other reasons to hate you. No matter what you do, you cannot please everyone. Even trying to please one group will just incite another. So screw them all. Do what you want, enjoy what you like, hang with people who are like minded, take pride in who you are and never regret liking what you do. It's part of who you are. That is something that should never be forsaken.

I've had my haters. All they've done is reaffirm why I am the way I am and made me take to heart what I truly enjoy even more. I've had my supporters, who show me that life ain't all that bad.

Why bother reading insults from a bunch of people who dedicate their days and lives to hating on a bunch of people who are a fan of a certain show? There's other fandoms out there that nobody cares about, yet they decide to target us.

You shouldn't take time just to read a worthless comment that someone puts. They can't hate on us for having an opinion.

If they tell you to die, then they should be the ones killed. Nobody should ever have to die for being in a certain fandom. That's just messed up, and I'm pretty sure that commenter isn't any better than you are. They're probably just a little kid who thinks he all tough because he's "hidden" by the internet, and with that he can attack a bunch of others.

They have no power over you. 

And for that reason, that's why I don't give fucks about haters anymore ;)

• 7 years later...
On 7/22/2013 at 1:08 PM, BrainyBrony said:

After the video, I was sitting there, wondering if I should leave the fandom.

Here is the thing about the internet. The evil trolls are not targeting Bronies only. They target anything and everyone. If you leave the fandom, you will just run into them somewhere else.

I do take haters' insult to heart because it makes me feel bad about myself. I am sometimes really sensitive to certain topics such as MLP which is why I don't tell many people that I am a brony. I try to ignore the insults but I am very horrible a ignoring things.

Haters are toxic and they will try to spread their poison to you, but remember. They are just people wanting a reaction, so don't give into them and ignore them.